Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing the board in a Kanger mod
JumpinJack Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex: Male
Changing the board in a Kanger mod
This could possibly a very silly question BUT I'm sure someone here will know !

So I have the Dripbox 160 and I must say I love everything about the mod.. Except the board. Kanger in my honest opinion have always been a very good company for their tanks and mods but the only down fall for me is the board they use in their devices.

So my question is.. Is it possible to switch out the standard Kanger board and swap it with an Evolv DNA250?

I know I wont get any wattage improvements as the DNA250 will only go up to 167watts in dual 18650 mode but its the functionality of the board I love and would want to see on the Dripbox 160.

If anyone could help me with this or just have any info in general it would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers Big Grin

29/03/17 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Addymk2 Online

Likes Given: 53
Sex:
RE: Changing the board in a Kanger mod
Strip the Kanger down and see how much space you've got for a board/how it's soldered in. Can you solder?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
29/03/17 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JumpinJack Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex: Male

RE: Changing the board in a Kanger mod
Aww yea I can solder! Haven't since school Rolling But yea I can lol. Think over the weekend I'll take it apart and take a look ! I have an old Kbox 75 which I've taken apart and the board does look a similar size to the DNA boards but I think a little investigation work is needed !

29/03/17 10:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JumpinJack's post:
Addymk2 (30/03/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)