Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Earth on a 510 connector?
Maxwell65 Offline

Likes Given: 19
Sex: Undisclosed
Earth on a 510 connector?
Apologies if this should be in technical forum but thought you guys could help me here.
I had a vapourshark flask that only discharges from one battery. Originally the battery's worked as intended then it went wonky for some reason.
Vapourshark changed it for me out of warranty and the new one worked for a while but the same problem appeared.
I just unscrewed the top plate to look inside and the only strange thing I found was a 3mm braded wire protruding vertically from a copper pin imbedded in the chassis. It appears to be bent in such a way as to touch the 510 thread once the top plate is bolted back down.
First of all I'm shocked at such a strange piece of wiring and to be honest I'm surprised an earth is necessary. Surely the threads ground to the body?

It's got to be flush or I'm not vaping it.
06/07/17 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 5,795
RE: Earth on a 510 connector?
The body is connected to the negative terminal of the battery, there isn't an earth.
07/07/17 01:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 274
Sex: Male
"Earth " is often taken to be a connection to the metal chassis, as well as the wire to the top pin in a plug.

I can't see the reason for a second connection to the 510 outer if the case is metal, the 510 isn't isolated, and the battery negative is connected to the case.
07/07/17 07:38 AM
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 5,795
mistaken gather than taken
07/07/17 12:27 PM
Maxwell65 Offline

Likes Given: 19

Well I found a loose wire that had broken of the copper pin. Doesn't make any sense to me but I soldered it back on.
Didn't make any difference of course it still takes power from only one battery.

It's got to be flush or I'm not vaping it.
09/07/17 01:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)