Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
England bans smoking in cars with children
black wolf Offline

Likes Given: 34
Sex: Male
RE: England bans smoking in cars with children
(12/02/15 03:42 AM)I-am-vaping Wrote:  http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31310685
Smoking will be banned if under-18s are in the car.
How about vaping? What's your opinion for this?

Politic people are stupid in England and in Italy....................and so on.......
Cool
03/10/15 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes black wolf's post:
trout246 (21/05/16)
Rojeans Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,438
http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0910/727055-ecigs-ban/

One of Liverpool's first and oldest 'independent' electronic cigarette shop
Now IBVTA member.
03/10/15 08:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
BlackwaterVaper Offline

Likes Given: 534
Sex: Female
I have no problem with not smoking on cars with children and the police have already said they don't have the manpower to enforce it. As vaping is excluded the main question is if a cigalike can be distinguished from a cigarette at a distance.
But something else has been included in this law that will affect everybody.
It is now illegal to sell anything vape-related to under-18s and that means big problems for online vendors and customers.
I've had two emails on this. The first could cause some problems as it requires not only DOB but your name as it appears on your bank account. None of my online accounts use my name as it appears on my bank account.
But some online vendors have started a process that could put everybody at risk. They want a scan of your driving license or passport.
Even banks don't want that, and I'm sure that web stores don't have the security of banks, that have been hacked and customer data stolen.
No way will I ever send a scan of personal documents that could be used for identity theft to any web site.
Those who have decided on using this method (cheaper than credit checks) have lost me as a customer and I hope that the only people who use them under these conditions are hackers using fake ID to steal from customers.
I attempted to raise this concern in another forum and the result was closing and locking the thread, with a comment that it was madness to write about an email.
I was not writing about an email but, as somebody who worked in computer security, trying to inform people of the risks of sending scans of passports and driving licenses. Criminals would love to get their hands on those databases for the purpose of identity theft.
I wouldn't even send a scan of my pensioner's bus pass!.

07/10/15 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
dillon13121 Offline

Likes Given: 73
Sex:
I read it blackwater on planet of the vapes forum and I totally agree firms that ask for scans of personal documents shouldn't be doing this its all wrong would they compensate if money is scammed because they say it is safe I don't think so.
09/10/15 05:52 AM
cs220 Offline

Likes Given: 20
Sex:
I can't honestly see how the hell police would even be able to enforce this, but I am on the view that yes you shouldn't smoke in a vehicle with young children as passengers, vaping on the other hand is entirely different and obviously at first glance I can see people being questioned about what their doing if an officer saw them parked up with the kids in the back seat and their vaping away. I still never understood why they bring in a law that is difficult to enforce in the first place

I find your lack of vape disturbing Jump for Joy

21/05/16 06:30 PM
boudicca Offline

Likes Given: 72
Sex: Other
Dragging up a year old thread but hey ho. Apparently since it became law, via a FOI request only 3 people nationally have been warned for smoking in cars with children, that's it.....pointless legislation, pointlessly applied. so totally pointless.

30/06/16 06:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ken Offline
Bright Spark

Likes Given: 2,971
What, are children pointless ?Facepalm

16/12/16 10:10 PM
yahoo2u2 Offline
Vaping is NOT a crime, banning it is

Likes Given: 483
LOL nearly a 2 year old thread...but....they ban it in cars, but they will smoke in the house with them, so yes it probably is pointless in many ways.

I am old enough to remember people happy to pop to the pub for a few pints and drive home blotto, then the seat belt law was seen as pointless, but we ll do it now "mostly" without even thinking about it, and of course the bells tell you as well.

The thing is can they tax you "sorry" fine you, of course it more money in the pot.

Smile, it wont hurt you, go on try it......or not, freedom of choice I suppose.
16/12/16 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)