Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FDA to close down Totally Wicked
Phaalman Offline

Likes Given: 119
Sex: Male
RE: FDA to close down Totally Wicked
Ii think alot of the industry will go underground where there will be no regulations which is quite worrying. Its almost as if they want us to believe vaping is as harmful as smoking then we all start smoking again to boost the coffers
12/11/16 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Amazing Vape Offline

Likes Given: 1,061
I'm very unpleasantly surprised. If TW don't stand a chance, who does?

A site about the facts and history of vaping (but most probably never): http://www.amazingvape.weebly.com
12/11/16 09:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Coyals Offline
Sarcasm upgraded

Likes Given: 1,315
Sex: Undisclosed
(12/11/16 09:42 AM)Amazing Vape Wrote:  I'm very unpleasantly surprised. If TW don't stand a chance, who does?

I think we know the answer to this.

New Year’s Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions.
Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.”
— Mark Twain,

12/11/16 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Bobsbeer Offline

Likes Given: 82
While these regulations will be the death knell of B&M vaping businesses in the USA, I have not heard anything about importing as a consumer from China directly, and how that is affected by the Deeming Regulations. Maybe the USA is not so import orientated as we are, although I would have thought Fasttech and the likes send a lot of products to the USA. Noone has said how this will be affected.

Bob

12/11/16 12:26 PM
marlowejames Offline

Likes Given: 2,180
(12/11/16 12:26 PM)Bobsbeer Wrote:  While these regulations will be the death knell of B&M vaping businesses in the USA, I have not heard anything about importing as a consumer from China directly, and how that is affected by the Deeming Regulations. Maybe the USA is not so import orientated as we are, although I would have thought Fasttech and the likes send a lot of products to the USA. Noone has said how this will be affected.

I expect that 80% of FT's business is already from worldwide retail outlets. Also think of how many people vape in the UK and how many of them are actually aware of companies such as Fasttech? The vast vast majority either buy online from UK Co's or simply visit bricks and mortar shops. It's the legal shops that are buying the volume from China. The same applies in the US which I believe accounts for 60% of the global e-cig market. If you throttle the legal demand (FDA Deeming regs) at a stroke you throttle the supply which means that all those Chinese companies overnight will see their sales slump. The Chinese factories will probably move onto other products. They won't have a legal "retail" market to sell to so as their sales volumes decrease and their margins/profits go the same way the current choice and buying options we have will decimate.

12/11/16 01:24 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like marlowejames's post:
Mission Spinner (11/01/17), Richard46 (12/11/16)
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,831
(12/11/16 01:24 PM)marlowejames Wrote:  .. and buying options we have will decimate.

Well in the EU / UK they seem intent to homogenise the market so much that the independent vaping market will suffer as a result...
.. the objective being for the market to be controlled by the tobacco companies who (already) control the major distribution networks...

12/11/16 03:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toby | iVapour's post:
nisam (12/11/16)
marlowejames Offline

Likes Given: 2,180
(12/11/16 03:01 PM)Toby | iVapour Wrote:  
(12/11/16 01:24 PM)marlowejames Wrote:  .. and buying options we have will decimate.

Well in the EU / UK they seem intent to homogenise the market so much that the independent vaping market will suffer as a result...
.. the objective being for the market to be controlled by the tobacco companies who (already) control the major distribution networks...

Quid pro Quo I suspect - the vaping market given to Big T as long as they agree/accept taxation. The overriding issue has always been the tobacco economy. FCTC WHO rules mean that at least 57% of tobacco sales (excluding other taxes such as VAT etc) go to Govt coffers who in turn "fund" all the Tobacco control parasites. Vaping currently outside of the WHO tax guidelines therefore bypasses the flow of money from consumers to Govt coffers through to all the PH/TC organisations that leech off this. That's a massive sum of money and the Public Health benefits of vaping is secondary to the tobacco economy.

12/11/16 03:23 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like marlowejames's post:
nisam (12/11/16), taffyjock (11/01/17)
Bobsbeer Offline

Likes Given: 82
(12/11/16 01:24 PM)marlowejames Wrote:  I expect that 80% of FT's business is already from worldwide retail outlets. Also think of how many people vape in the UK and how many of them are actually aware of companies such as Fasttech? The vast vast majority either buy online from UK Co's or simply visit bricks and mortar shops. It's the legal shops that are buying the volume from China. The same applies in the US which I believe accounts for 60% of the global e-cig market. If you throttle the legal demand (FDA Deeming regs) at a stroke you throttle the supply which means that all those Chinese companies overnight will see their sales slump. The Chinese factories will probably move onto other products. They won't have a legal "retail" market to sell to so as their sales volumes decrease and their margins/profits go the same way the current choice and buying options we have will decimate.

I agree that a large proportion of sales from China to both the USA and EU are wholesale to retail outlets. Only a small proportion will buy direct from China although I suspect that may change slightly. It is only people who are active on vaping forums who currently buy from China in the UK it seems. The USA is a different beast though and the internal market has up till now kept things competitive due to the size, so reducing the need to order directly. As the Deeming regulations start to bite no doubt they will seek more from China, or I will be surprised if they don't.

I agree the consequence will be reduced choice and demand, to the detriment of us all, wherever we live. On a personal level I won't be that much affected as I am down to nearly zero nic and probably have too many mods anyway, but I feel sorry for those who have yet to switch, or just switching. They are the ones who will fall yet again into the grubby hands of big business, both tobacco and pharma. The status quo returns, but vaping will continue, it is too big now to be extinguished. Legal or illegal it will survive I'm sure.

Bob

12/11/16 04:20 PM
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 3,106
Sex:
(12/11/16 07:01 AM)DE8 Wrote:  Don't assume that now that we have the EU's contribution to TC coming into place here that we are safe. What has just happened this week in India with the UN conference is scary.

Am I "scaremongering"? Maybe a little, but what is worse? to assume the worst and fight back now, or sit back and let this happen until it is too late and the only products out there to support smokers quitting are shitty patches and gum or Big tobaccos crappy pens.

As far as regulation goes, the TPD is likely to be as severe as things get for some time. The next obvious step is taxation, which the TPD has paved the way for.

As for fighting back? You had your chance and got fucked over. This is European wide legislation, which will not be repealed any time soon. There will always be a place for small manufacturers who are willing to play the game and pay the fees, but vaping, in most Western countries, has been bought from politicians by big tobacco. Just watch how the next ten years unfold.
12/11/16 08:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes nisam's post:
1shot1kill (14/11/16)
RobbieW Offline

Likes Given: 138
Sex: Undisclosed
(12/11/16 08:46 PM)nisam Wrote:  
(12/11/16 07:01 AM)DE8 Wrote:  Don't assume that now that we have the EU's contribution to TC coming into place here that we are safe. What has just happened this week in India with the UN conference is scary.

Am I "scaremongering"? Maybe a little, but what is worse? to assume the worst and fight back now, or sit back and let this happen until it is too late and the only products out there to support smokers quitting are shitty patches and gum or Big tobaccos crappy pens.

As far as regulation goes, the TPD is likely to be as severe as things get for some time. The next obvious step is taxation, which the TPD has paved the way for.

As for fighting back? You had your chance and got fucked over. This is European wide legislation, which will not be repealed any time soon. There will always be a place for small manufacturers who are willing to play the game and pay the fees, but vaping, in most Western countries, has been bought from politicians by big tobacco. Just watch how the next ten years unfold.

I hate to say it but maybe Trump will intervene in a positive way. Big government interfering in an individual freedom to vape may resonate with him, a silver lining perhaps?

http://www.vapingpost.com/2016/11/10/wha...residency/
14/11/16 09:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)