Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
FlavourArt Vapers' Recipes Thread.
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,089
Sex: Male
FlavourArt Vapers' Recipes Thread.
If you have a recipe using FlavourArt flavourings, please feel free to add it on this thread.
The recipes will also be listed in a dedicated section on the FlavourArt UK website.
You will also be able to submit a review of any of the recipes on the website but please
only review them if you have made it and tried it. Hopefully this will grow into a useful
database that can be searched for individual flavours to inspire DIYers everywhere.

Most DIYers combine all the ingredients at the same time and the percentages will usually
indicate that, but on the website I will also list the concentrate figures as percentages of
the blended flavour, eg CREAM 35% STRAWBERRY 35% COOKIE 30%.
I always work with the concentrates first to create the blended flavour and that is covered
on the Recipe Page, although I will be updating it today.

I decided to edit this post to include some text from the web page on Blending Concentrates, the 'how and why'.

Blending flavour concentrates before you add them to your eliquid is a good way of creating your own
personalised favourites and will save wasting flavourings and eliquid; this is the way that flavourists
create their blends and I'm sure it will become much more common amongst DIY mixologists.

If you follow a recipe that lists the percentages of flavours as percentages of the final eliquid, then
you will have the correct proportion of flavours to each other, but you will also be mixing it at the same
overall flavour strength as the creator of that recipe. We all know how personal tastes and flavour
strength preference can vary widely, and that making a liquid that tastes too weak or too strong can
be so frustrating. Blending a small amount of the required flavour first means that you are then free
to experiment with it; you can try different strengths by making small samples with eliquid, try it with
different Nicotine strengths, different VG/PG ratios, each time just with a 3ml sampler.

I always work with very small amounts of concentrates when developing a new blended flavour, even
as little as 2ml-3ml, as that is all I need for test purposes. Choose the flavours that you are going to
blend and try to set the initial percentages of each one; this is not easy at first but as you gain more
experience you will be able to make educated guesses which will speed up the process and hopefully
reduce the number of changes you need to make in order to perfect it.
Make detailed notes of every recipe and every change you make, ie Recipe X Version 1, Version 2 etc
so that when you eventually find your perfect blend, you can easily recreate it as you have it written
in your notepad.

When you have made your first sample of blended concentrates, allow it to steep (blend) for a while,
3-5 days for Sweet/Fruit blends and 10-15 days for Tobacco/Complex blends; leave it in a bottle with
the cap on, preferably in a dark place away from direct sunlight and excessive heat. You can give it a
gentle shake once a day, but just let molecular interaction take place between the individual flavours.
New compounds will be formed and they will mostly be the background flavours that will fill the gaps
in between the original main flavours; this is where the trial and error (much patience) aspect becomes
important. Sometimes flavours that you think might go well together don't work, and others that you
think sound unlikely combinations can often surprise you, that is the fun of discovery!

When you have steeped the blend, give it a shake and place a few drops on a piece of tissue so that you
can do a smell test; waft it around a little to dissipate the aroma, as concentrated flavours can often be
deceptive with their intensity. If it smells okay, make up a small sample with your eliquid (3ml is enough)
using 5% of your flavouring and vape it for half an hour; this will tell you two things, whether or not you
like the flavour, and if 5% is too little, too much, or about right. You can then make the necessary changes
for the next sample in that recipe; repeat these steps until you have your WOW moment, but remember
to make notes of every change and every sample. If you are a perfectionist, it could take considerable
time before you are finally satisfied with your blend and, to be honest, many might not even make it past
the early stages; but with patience and care you will strike gold at some point and that is worth the wait.
It usually takes me 3 to 6 months to develop a blended flavour from idea stage to saleable stage.

Some mixologists steep after they have added the flavours to the eliquid; it's a matter of choice, but I usually
mix, shake, and vape, as the steeping has been done with the concentrated blend. The exceptions to this are
Custard flavours, they will need steeping for at least two weeks once they have been mixed with eliquid.
FlavourArt Custard has a prominent Citrus smell/taste initially, but over time that will fade back and the
rich Custard flavour will develop

The key elements are patience and accuracy; make notes of every single recipe you try with the percentages
recorded. Allow time for the concentrated blend to develop before adding it to your eliquid to sample.
When sampling time arrives, start with a low percentage of flavour and add to taste, again keeping notes,
this will make it easy to recreate your good recipes.
There are many good websites for mixologists, UK Vapers being one of them. There is a Mixology section on
the site with forum members always willing to help, share their knowledge and recipes, and offer support.

Consider it a journey with no specific destination, but which will lead you to many wonderful places along the way.

You can add your recipes here but also, please email them to info@flavourart.co.uk so that I will see them straight away.
I don't always have access/time to check UKV but I do with emails, thanks.

The first recipes are courtesy of Garnier81.
You will see tha some of these use a tiny amount of Sucralose; we do not stock Sucralose or any other listed sweeteners.
We do stock Vanillin Crystals which can be diluted in PG and added in small amounts to impart some sweetness to a flavour
although it is not officially listed as a sweetener.

Cherry Lips
Cherry 1%
Black Cherry 1%
Ylang Ylang 0.5%
Sucralose 3 drops / 10ml

Citrus Island
Mandarin 2%
Lime 1%
Lemon Sicily 2%
coconut 1%Sucralose 3 drops / 10ml

Coke Float
Cola 4%
meringue 0.5%
Caramel 0.5%
Custard 1%
Sucralose 2 drops / 10ml

Melon Milk
Cantaloupe 5%
Custard 2%
Vanilla Bourbon 0.5%
Sucralose 3 drops / 10ml

Mouthwatering Melons
Watermelon 2.5%
cantaloupe 2.5%
Peach 1%
Sucralose 3 drops / 10ml

Purple Velvet
Blackberry 1%
Violet 0.5%
Fresh cream 0.5%
Vienna Cream 2%
Sucralose 3 drops / 10ml

Pink Milk
Strawberry 4%
pear 0.5%
Vanilla Bourbon 0.5%
Custard 1%
Sucralose 3 drops / 10ml

honey Nut Loops
Hazlenut 0.25%
Meringue 0.5%
Fresh Cream 1%
Custard 3%
Cookie 0.5%
Honey 0.5%
Sucralose 1 drop /10ml

Toffee Crumble
Caramel 1%
Butterscotch 2%
cookie 2%
custard 1%
vanilla bourbon 0.5%
Sucralose 3 drops / 10ml

Cuban Heel
Virginia 1.5%
Cuban Supreme 1%
lime distilled 1%

Last but not least:
Uncle Alfie
Tuscan Reserve 1%
Cuban Supreme 1.5%
Caramel 0.5%
coffee 0.25%
Cookie 0.5%
Cocoa 1%
butterscotch 1%

Add yours here and email to info@flavourart.co.uk

John.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
29/07/15 07:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 17 users Like FlavourArtUK's post:
@rattspitt (29/07/15), blaze (29/07/15), Cheekiecharlie (07/08/15), garnier81 (29/07/15), Hoodedcrow (06/11/15), jabberwockie (29/07/15), jessica (13/12/15), JoBo (29/07/15), KayKayEm (29/07/15), konky (29/07/15), Lombok (04/09/15), marlowejames (29/07/15), MrSmith (30/07/15), munda (03/08/15), skelde (14/09/15), thecheekmaster (28/09/15), wurz1873 (14/09/15)
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,518
RE: FlavourArt Vapers' Recipes Thread.
John do you think your maple syrup or honey would work as well as a sweeter instead of sucralose or vanillin crystals,think it's possible the sucralose will gunk up coils a bit and I'm not a big fan of vanilla.

29/07/15 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes @rattspitt's post:
FlavourArtUK (30/07/15)
konky Offline
Vapin Rat

Likes Given: 4,454
Sex: Other
What a great thread Thumbs Up
Would be nice to have the mixers name beside the recipe.

Our new friendly forum
http://thevapinrat.freeforums.net/
29/07/15 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes konky's post:
jabberwockie (29/07/15)
doobedoobedo Offline
Void
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1,799
Sex: Undisclosed
PPM
peach 1.5%
papaya 1.5%
mango 1%
cream fresh 1%
vanilla classic 1%
marshmallow 1%
catalan cream 1%
29/07/15 11:29 PM
t_p_ Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
(29/07/15 10:01 AM)@rattspitt Wrote:  John do you think your maple syrup or honey would work as well as a sweeter instead of sucralose or vanillin crystals,think it's possible the sucralose will gunk up coils a bit and I'm not a big fan of vanilla.

Honey is very strong, would overpower most mixes IMO
30/07/15 07:15 AM
asambique Offline

Likes Given: 1,431
Heres two of mine after accidently posting them in garnier81's thread lol.

Hells Teeth

Perique black - 3%
Dark vapure - 3%
Shade - 2%
Oak wood - 1.5%
Hazelnut - 1.5%

Cuban Smooth

Cuban supreme - 5%
Dark vapure - 4%
Madagasca - 2%
Cocoa - 1%
30/07/15 09:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes asambique's post:
MrSmith (30/07/15)
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,518
(30/07/15 07:15 AM)t_p_ Wrote:  
(29/07/15 10:01 AM)@rattspitt Wrote:  John do you think your maple syrup or honey would work as well as a sweeter instead of sucralose or vanillin crystals,think it's possible the sucralose will gunk up coils a bit and I'm not a big fan of vanilla.

Honey is very strong, would overpower most mixes IMO
cheers,ive got some brown sugar concentrate from TPA,sorry john,may try just a few drops of that

30/07/15 09:45 AM
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vendors

I agree that Honey would bring more flavour than sweetness.

(29/07/15 01:07 PM)konky Wrote:  What a great thread Thumbs Up
Would be nice to have the mixers name beside the recipe.

Their names will all be there, whether it's their username or real name.

I decided to edit the original post to include some text from the web page on Blending Concentrates, the 'how and why'.

Thanks for the recipes, I will add them to the site asap.

John.

30/07/15 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like FlavourArtUK's post:
garnier81 (06/08/15), konky (30/07/15)
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vendors

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming please, the more the merrier Smiling

John.

(30/07/15 09:41 AM)asambique Wrote:  Heres two of mine after accidently posting them in garnier81's thread lol.

Hells Teeth

Perique black - 3%
Dark vapure - 3%
Shade - 2%
Oak wood - 1.5%
Hazelnut - 1.5%

Cuban Smooth

Cuban supreme - 5%
Dark vapure - 4%
Madagasca - 2%
Cocoa - 1%

07/08/15 09:15 AM
Rogmondiev6 Offline
Rogmondiev6

Likes Given: 20
Wow these percentages seem low. Are they really strong concerntrates.

Gave up the stinkys 2feb 2014
07/08/15 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)