Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Geekvape Aegis - What are your thoughts?
timwis Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:

RE: Geekvape Aegis - What are your thoughts?
(26/08/17 12:41 AM)speedfreek67 Wrote:  Hi there,

Just a quick heads up to say that Phil Busardo has done a review of the Aegis, and found some issues with the temperature control, including scenarios where you can accidentally glow Ni200 coils (ouch!).

Also, Geekvape have released a firmware update for the Aegis, which improves the temp control for SS somewhat.

Cheers mate my mate tried the temp control i've only dabbled at it. He said it worked well but i think he used SS coils. Phil know's his stuff, i'll update the firmware.Smiling
26/08/17 12:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
onikami Offline
I puwd I saw a puwddy cat

Likes Given: 815
Sex: Other
LOL @ all other reviewers who didn't spot this.
PB is the man Bubblegum
26/08/17 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
speedfreek67 Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
The temp control works well and gives a very good TC vape (although in SS mode at least, which is all I have used so far, you have to set the temperature a lot higher than usual without the update, and after the update it still needs to be set a bit higher but not so much). The problems with the TC are when changing tanks and the lack of a "New/Same coil" question, which means the user has to manually lock the resistance and make sure the correct ohmage has been read by the mod, as well as making sure the mod is in the correct TC mode.
(This post was last modified: 26/08/17 11:57 AM by speedfreek67.)
26/08/17 11:49 AM
speedfreek67 Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
(26/08/17 07:11 AM)onikami Wrote:  LOL @ all other reviewers who didn't spot this.
PB is the man Bubblegum

Yeah, it seems the problem arose with the firmware in the final retail version, rather than some of the earlier versions sent out to reviewers. Vaping Biker has highlighted the problem, and DJLSBvapes has added a warning to the text below his review.
26/08/17 11:54 AM
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 34
Sex: Male
(24/07/17 09:04 AM)onikami Wrote:  u should stay away from vaping.

when it rains i put my mod in the pocket.
most tanks leak. but i've never had one fail from leaks.
22650 batteries are not improvements on 18650s-not by much anyway.

26650 batteries can deliver 30 Amp, vs. 20 (continous) of the best 18650. The capacity increase, on the other hand - can be marginal.

And, I vape while it rains, I choose my mods wisely

And, I find your suggestions circa my vaping activities, to be of no use for me.
(This post was last modified: 26/08/17 10:28 PM by Ray_of_Light.)
26/08/17 10:26 PM
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 34
Sex: Male
The only mod with software-configurable hardware is the Yihi G class. It use the only coil for vaping and charging batteries. Of course one function excludes the other, but you end up with a mod with a world-class balancing charger, way better than some external chargers.
I don't agree in charging batteries externally. Many cheap mods have poorly designed chargers, which I avoid. Most mods have very good chargers, with a requirement: a clean DC input, only available with branded 5 volt power supplies; the vast majority of the unbranded power supplies produces around 0.5 Vpp of superimposed high-frequency noise at the output: and the onboard chargers of the mods act erratically in consequence of this.
As a suggestion, we should encourage reviewers to include the mod internal chargers in the scope of their review, by doing some homework before getting in front of the camera...
(This post was last modified: 26/08/17 11:11 PM by Ray_of_Light.)
26/08/17 10:48 PM
onikami Offline
I puwd I saw a puwddy cat

Likes Given: 815
Sex: Other
(26/08/17 10:26 PM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  
(24/07/17 09:04 AM)onikami Wrote:  u should stay away from vaping.

when it rains i put my mod in the pocket.
most tanks leak. but i've never had one fail from leaks.
22650 batteries are not improvements on 18650s-not by much anyway.

And, I vape while it rains, I choose my mods wisely

You wanna look cool vaping in the rain because the clouds look cooler in the rain. I can dig that.
27/08/17 06:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)