Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Geekvape Zeus or OBS Nano?
Danny55 Offline

Likes Given: 319
Sex: Male
Geekvape Zeus or OBS Nano?
Hello people. A member called Richard I think, recommended me both of these top airflow RTAs back in February but I bought a Kylin, which tbh I haven't even used yet other than build coils.

I'm going for top airflow single coil RTA's now because I'm fed up with bottom airflow leakiness and juice all over my hand and I believe both of these are tauted as leakproof.

Which of the OBS or Zeus is really the better one to go for regarding the points below? Flavour differences aren't a priority for me so I'm not too bothered about that.

Fasttech have discontinued the OBS Nano, and all places in the UK are out of stock except for vapingman.co.uk who have them in black or silver (I would have preferred one in gold) at around £26 inc shipping. Fasttech have an authentic Zeus for about £18. All reviews are very good.

DRAW One review on youtube said the OBS Nano has an airier draw. I certainly prefer that. Is it true, and the Zeus is more restrictive?

WICKING Build deck on the Nano looks easy to build. Is the wicking forgiving? The Zeus doesn't look difficult to me, but I hear it can be hit and miss on the wicking.

LEAKPROOF. I hear they're both very good, but someone has told me that the Zeus when upright is 100% leak proof, but if it falls on it's side (and left for a while) or manages to tips downward in your pocket with the air vents open, it will leak a little over time, but if you close off the air flow before pocketing it, it won't leak. Would this be true of the Nano too?

06/05/18 04:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

Likes Given: 1,536
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Geekvape Zeus or OBS Nano?
Hi Danny as I am called Richard and have both OBS Nanos and a Zeus that was likely me. There really is not much between them IMO OBS probably a bit airier as you have been told.
I think the Zeus looks better and it now appears to be cheaper. I slightly prefer the fill system on the OBS; I still use both of them regularly even though I also now have a much more expensive Juggerknot which has a similar top air flow layout.

NB Not had either leak but then I don't keep them upside down.

06/05/18 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richard46's post:
Danny55 (06/05/18)
Danny55 Offline

(06/05/18 08:06 AM)Richard46 Wrote:  Hi Danny as I am called Richard and have both OBS Nanos and a Zeus that was likely me. There really is not much between them IMO OBS probably a bit airier as you have been told.
I think the Zeus looks better and it now appears to be cheaper. I slightly prefer the fill system on the OBS; I still use both of them regularly even though I also now have a much more expensive Juggerknot which has a similar top air flow layout.

Yep Richard, it was yourself. Smiling Thanks for the reply. Would you say the draw on the Zeus is at least as airy as a subtank mini? The draw on the subtank mini is fine for me and what I'm used to.

Have you had any, or more dry hits on one over the other?

Finally, if you were to pick one for me, would it be the Nano or the Zeus? No pressure! Big Grin

06/05/18 11:52 AM
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

(06/05/18 11:52 AM)Danny55 Wrote:  
(06/05/18 08:06 AM)Richard46 Wrote:  Hi Danny as I am called Richard and have both OBS Nanos and a Zeus that was likely me. There really is not much between them IMO OBS probably a bit airier as you have been told.

Yep Richard, it was yourself. Smiling Thanks for the reply. Would you say the draw on the Zeus is at least as airy as a subtank mini? The draw on the subtank mini is fine for me and what I'm used to.

Have you had any, or more dry hits on one over the other?

Finally, if you were to pick one for me, would it be the Nano or the Zeus? No pressure! Big Grin

Never used a subtank mini sorry. Never had any dry hits because I almost only use temp control with these two tanks. Not much help am I? I would go for the Zeus just well because,,looks really.

One more difference the Zeus is made for a 810 drip tip although it does come with a 510 adaptor the OBS is a 510 tip only.

06/05/18 06:02 PM
Danny55 Offline

Interesting what you say about the temp control. I've never had a mod with that feature. I'm also going to buy a new mod with temp control. How does that work then to prevent dry hits?

06/05/18 06:40 PM
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

(06/05/18 06:40 PM)Danny55 Wrote:  Interesting what you say about the temp control. I've never had a mod with that feature. I'm also going to buy a new mod with temp control. How does that work then to prevent dry hits?

http://www.ecigclick.co.uk/beginners-gui...e-control/

Article a little dated perhaps re stainless steel; AFAIK all TC mods now accommodate SS and it is all I have used for years.

06/05/18 06:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richard46's post:
Danny55 (06/05/18)
Danny55 Offline

(06/05/18 06:47 PM)Richard46 Wrote:  
(06/05/18 06:40 PM)Danny55 Wrote:  Interesting what you say about the temp control. I've never had a mod with that feature. I'm also going to buy a new mod with temp control. How does that work then to prevent dry hits?

http://www.ecigclick.co.uk/beginners-gui...e-control/

Article a little dated perhaps re stainless steel; AFAIK all TC mods now accommodate SS and it is all I have used for years.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a read. I've been using SS 317 wire for a while now.

06/05/18 06:53 PM
Danny55 Offline

I'm still considering the Zeus but watching a Vaping with Vic review and build, there's a couple of things putting me off it. Apparently it's a juice guzzler. And like my Kylin, you have to snip the leads to the right length to fit the coil which I found a bit of a faff on the Kylin, whereas the OBS is a standard install and snip the leads after they're screwed down.

06/05/18 07:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)