Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Goblin Mini Custom Drip Tip
kPATm Offline

Likes Given: 29
Sex: Male
Sorry I didnt take any pics but its pretty straight forward. Im sure most of you know that the standard tip on the Mini is pretty poor as it basically falls out if there is even a light breeze. Any way I noticed that some places do a custom tip but they are nearly the same price as the Mini :-(

Now the trick to these custom tips is that they have a small "lip" at the bottom instead of an o-ring. The tip is placed into the top cap then the chimney section is screwed on securing the tip from the inside. Nice design and very secure but like I said its mucho £

I thought I would have a look in my tip tray and I came up with a plan to use the tip from an Ego One Atty

As you can see there is a "lip" on the bottom of the tip thats very similar to these custom tips.

All I did was drilled out the delrin and Bobs your Mothers Live in Lover

I tried to drill all the way through to give more airflow but I kind of messed it up so I wont show any pics :-) But it works like a charm
(This post was last modified: 25/10/15 09:10 PM by kPATm.)
25/10/15 08:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 6 users Like kPATm's post:
adyscoot (18/12/15), Filbert (27/10/15), garrydibley (27/10/15), Major_Hazzard (31/08/16), Markse (25/10/15), SJP! (19/02/16)
SJP! Offline

Likes Given: 21
RE: Goblin Mini Custom Drip Tip
Hey I did the same except I just grabbed the delrin part with some pliers and just ripped it out Big Grin then I sanded the lip down just a little and also sanded the plating of the tip to reveal the brass to match my mod. As you say, it works a treat Smiling think mine was off an ego one mega, air way is a bit wider on it Smiling
(This post was last modified: 19/02/16 06:04 PM by SJP!.)
19/02/16 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ukdtweak Offline
Box Mod Addict

Likes Given: 87
I use a normal 510 drip tip i got from FT, its a dual o-ring job, all i did was fit bigger o-rings and it works a treat.

19/02/16 06:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ukdtweak's post:
SJP! (19/02/16)
SJP! Offline

(19/02/16 06:08 PM)ukdtweak Wrote:  I use a normal 510 drip tip i got from FT, its a dual o-ring job, all i did was fit bigger o-rings and it works a treat.

Cool I thought of something like that, I just didnt have the right size o-rings, of which I have many as im sure most vapers do Big Grin never had a single o-ring in my house until I started vapeing. Now im upto my eyeballs in them, tiny screws and little blue screw drivers Big Grin
19/02/16 06:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SJP!'s post:
ukdtweak (19/02/16)
Jeffg7brj Online

Likes Given: 18
Sex:
I just used the 510 adaptor in the spares bag.
19/02/16 08:37 PM
SJP! Offline

(19/02/16 08:37 PM)Jeffg7brj Wrote:  I just used the 510 adaptor in the spares bag.
Mines looser than the glass drip tip, I like my tips to be solid as its in and out my pocket all day Smiling
19/02/16 08:42 PM
Jeffg7brj Online

Likes Given: 18
Sex:
Yes got to agree it is lose fit, but a little bit of plumbers tape fixed that for me. My first post should have been a tad more in depth , sorry about that.
19/02/16 08:45 PM
SJP! Offline

(19/02/16 08:45 PM)Jeffg7brj Wrote:  Yes got to agree it is lose fit, but a little bit of plumbers tape fixed that for me. My first post should have been a tad more in depth , sorry about that.
Not a problem at all Smiling the best solution is the one that works for you Smiling im no stranger to a bit of dental floss when an o-ring is just that but too loose Big Grin
19/02/16 08:52 PM
ukdtweak Offline
Box Mod Addict

Likes Given: 87
I did not like using the 510 adaptor, the reason i got the tank was its small size and the adaptor makes it a fair bit taller.
The Goblin Nano i got from FT on the other hand is tiny...

20/02/16 11:31 AM
C4rlosuk Offline

Likes Given: 19
Sex:
Shame they dont just make these options avalible but then i suppose that would take away the fun of tinkering and render our spairs as useless😕
20/02/16 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)