Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Green King bringing in a Ban
Treddy Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex: Male
Green King bringing in a Ban
I was in one of my locals last night and the current manager told me that the brewery were introducing a blanket ban on vaping inside their pubs and this would probably happen in the very near future, maybe as soon as next week.

Thankfully my other local is owned by a different brewery and needless to say they will be seeing more of me.

06/02/14 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Vaped Crusader Offline
What me worry?

Likes Given: 50
RE: Green King bringing in a Ban
That's a shame. I guess we'll see a certain amount of kneejerking when it comes to companies/institutions implementing a policy on wether or not to allow vaping on their premises and it also wouldn't surprise me if we also see a number of the same changing their position as vaping grows and people become more informed.
08/02/14 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Andy_d Away

Likes Given: 126
Sex: Undisclosed
vote with your wallet, visit the one that may ban it as normal until they do, then in as polite a manner as you can inform the landlord your taking your + mates custom to somewhere that allows vaping(name the pub for added owch) until the brewery see's sense or feels the hit in the profits.

why patronize and put ££££ into the pockets of those than wont let us vape,
same as why put ££ into the hands of those that stab us in the back with tevecca
08/02/14 03:06 PM
toker Offline

Likes Given: 556
i barely go to pubs these days. but i would certainly seek out a vape friendly one if it existed in my area. green king IPA is one of the blandest pints iv ever had the misfortune of buying in my opinion. deuchers ipa is a damn sight tastier lol
08/02/14 03:17 PM
Juice head Offline
Back to basics!

Likes Given: 2,351
I really don't want to be a prophet of doom but I feel the writing's on the wall for

Vaping in public. It had been inextricably linked to cigarette smoking for pretty

obvious reasons and we 'aint gonna change that now.Sad

08/02/14 03:19 PM
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

Likes Given: 7,714
Sadly I agree with Juice head. Sad

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

08/02/14 03:25 PM
Treddy Offline

Likes Given: 7

I also feel that Juice head is right in what he is saying, it seems to me (from my short time vaping) that the only people that understand it are the vapers themselves which unfortunately are a small minority.

On a plus note, i have just come back from my 'other' local which is a Marstons owned pub and was pleasantly surprised to see 2 others vapers in there when i walked in.

08/02/14 11:29 PM
blaze Offline

Likes Given: 5,526
In the interests of balance ...

The breweries are either doing it because it is genuinely causing confusion and leading to incidents of smoking, or, they are responding to approaches from the smokefree crowd - they were proved to have attempted to influence football clubs here. It is almost certain they have approached councils IMO - the reasons councils are giving to vaping bans reads too much like the well worn anti-vaping propaganda we all know and love to have been independently arrived at.

Either way, there will be efforts to curtail vaping - efforts we need to resist. We have the legal and the scientific arguments on our side - and in the case of the breweries, the financial ones too.

GREENE KING HEAD OFFICE
Greene King plc
Westgate Brewery
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 1QT
T: 01284 763222
F: 01284 706502

Samuel Smith Old Brewery
High Street
Tadcaster
North Yorkshire
LS24 9SB UK
By telephone (8.30am-5.00pm Mon-Fri):
01937 832225

Wetherspoon House
Central Park
Reeds Crescent
Watford
WD24 4QL
Telephone
01923 477777

If we like doing it, we're going to have to fight for it.

09/02/14 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes blaze's post:
szaxe (09/02/14)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)