Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have now started on a sub ohm e cig
sunnydonny Offline

Likes Given: 27
Sex:
Have now started on a sub ohm e cig
I've just bought a Cirro evolve with variable air flow and temp adjustment. Enjoying using it and found my sweet spot. It uses coils with a resistance of 0.2ohms with a 1100 mah battery.
The only problem I've had with it is to turn it on and off you have to press the button five times within 2 secs but I'm getting there.
I do have a query though I've got the temp set on the first high mark (there are six levels of high and below this is medium and then low) and the air flow and its widest and the tank and top of battery is getting hot. Is this normal or should I turn the temp down. It does cool down quickly when I step btw
18/07/17 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 267
Sex: Male
RE: Have now started on a sub ohm e cig
(18/07/17 07:22 PM)sunnydonny Wrote:  I've just bought a Cirro evolve with variable air flow and temp adjustment. Enjoying using it and found my sweet spot. It uses coils with a resistance of 0.2ohms with a 1100 mah battery.
The only problem I've had with it is to turn it on and off you have to press the button five times within 2 secs but I'm getting there.
I do have a query though I've got the temp set on the first high mark (there are six levels of high and below this is medium and then low) and the air flow and its widest and the tank and top of battery is getting hot. Is this normal or should I turn the temp down. It does cool down quickly when I step btw

Can't find any facts or figures on the beast. Don't like people who don't give numbers!

A 1100mAh battery is rather small for subohming though, and that may account for the heating - or is it heat transferred from the tank? Is it really hot or just warm?
18/07/17 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
sunnydonny Offline

Likes Given: 27
Sex:

Really hot. I've turned it down now one notch to the top of the medium which is a lot better. I bought it from the VIP shop but it is advertised on their web site.
(This post was last modified: 18/07/17 07:38 PM by sunnydonny.)
18/07/17 07:37 PM
Barnweld Offline

Likes Given: 1,872
Anything hot with regards to vaping is a no no for me.
I just don't see the point let alone the potential risk of danger. Sad
18/07/17 09:07 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 267
(18/07/17 09:07 PM)Barnweld Wrote:  Anything hot with regards to vaping is a no no for me.
I just don't see the point let alone the potential risk of danger. Sad

The reason why I asked for clarification is that batteries do get warm in use, and some worry about that. A matter of degree Smiling. They can get too hot to touch and stay within spec, but I prefer no more than warm to the touch myself.

I really don't like vendors who don't offer real specs though Sad I've seen "technical specifications" that say really good vape, loads of clouds. That's not a tech spec! I want to see coil resistance ranges, and power, actual numbers. If I had battery resistance and power, I could roughly estimate estimate the power wasted which heats the battery.
18/07/17 10:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
Barnweld (19/07/17)
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,808
(18/07/17 10:07 PM)MDC Wrote:  I really don't like vendors who don't offer real specs though Sad

10 Motives = BAT

Quote:The Evolve tank is has a maximum fill line of 2ml to reduce the need to refill the device as frequently...

19/07/17 01:27 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Toby | iVapour's post:
Barnweld (19/07/17), Chrido81 (09/08/17)
Chrido81 Offline
Chris D

Likes Given: 276
(19/07/17 01:27 AM)Toby | iVapour Wrote:  
(18/07/17 10:07 PM)MDC Wrote:  I really don't like vendors who don't offer real specs though Sad

10 Motives = BAT

Quote:The Evolve tank is has a maximum fill line of 2ml to reduce the need to refill the device as frequently...

Yup Thumbs Up

They might describe their address differently presumably to obscure the connection, but they are indeed one and the same.

09/08/17 11:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)