Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help - best MTL box mod starter kit or seperate mod/tank.
marlowejames Offline

Likes Given: 2,221
Sex: Male
Help - best MTL box mod starter kit or seperate mod/tank.
Been approached by a neighbour who I didn't realise was an ex smoker who has unfortunately started smoking again, but now seriously wants to try vaping. She's tried my Pico/doggy set up & liked that a lot but ideally for her I'm looking for a internal battery mod/clearomiser set up as opposed to the Pico 18650 rechargable battery mod and the doggy RTA. So no 18650 mods or RTAs with simplicity being the need here.

I'm so out of touch with what is out there so hopefully a few suggestions will be forthcoming for a combination that as close as possible replicates the size/feel of the Pico & above all the MTL vaping experience of the Doggy RTA.

Budget wise - up to around £50 for a set up give or take.
Mod Form factor - Pico size not too big - not pen styled.
Vape style - MTL only
Tank - Easy top fill tank & leak free like the doggies (if such a clearomiser exists?)

From my previous experience all clearomisers performance depend as much on the coils than the tank itself, so any experiences/negatives also much appreciated.

Quite happy to purchase the best mod/clearomiser seperately as I know that often the starter kits aren't always the ideal combination.

Thanks

14/07/18 06:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
SilvaSurfa Offline
Zenith MTL

Likes Given: 85
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Help - best MTL box mod starter kit or seperate mod/tank.
https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-kits-wit...a-kit.html
Silva
14/07/18 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes SilvaSurfa's post:
Izan (14/07/18)
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 3,508
Sex:
Vim from Jac vapour.
14/07/18 10:28 AM
marlowejames Offline

(14/07/18 10:07 AM)SilvaSurfa Wrote:  https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-kits-wit...a-kit.html
Silva

Thanks Silva, have you used the Zenith tank? Looking at it it appears to have a wide variance of air flow. Is it truly a MTL tank?

14/07/18 10:52 AM
marlowejames Offline

(14/07/18 10:28 AM)nisam Wrote:  Vim from Jac vapour.

Thanks, but should have mentioned that to "future" protect her ideally wanted a VV/VW mod.

14/07/18 10:57 AM
SilvaSurfa Offline
Zenith MTL

Likes Given: 85
Sex: Undisclosed
(14/07/18 10:52 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  
(14/07/18 10:07 AM)SilvaSurfa Wrote:  https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-kits-wit...a-kit.html
Silva

Thanks Silva, have you used the Zenith tank? Looking at it it appears to have a wide variance of air flow. Is it truly a MTL tank?

yes, I am using 2 air holes open and its a perfect MTL vape for me, plus the top fill is easy and not had any leaks so far (been using it about 3 weeks now), I prefer the 1.6 ohm coil which is best suited to my vape needs.
Silva
14/07/18 11:32 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SilvaSurfa's post:
Izan (14/07/18)
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,909
(14/07/18 10:52 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  .. the Zenith tank? Looking at it it appears to have a wide variance of air flow. Is it truly a MTL tank?

Turned down to one hole, it's super (too) tight, if that's what you want...
I have it at about 3 holes.

The Zenith tank is the best non-rebuildable MTL tank this year (saying that, have there been any others really?).. so much better than the Nautilus 2 IMO.

14/07/18 01:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toby | iVapour's post:
SilvaSurfa (14/07/18)
marlowejames Offline

(14/07/18 01:03 PM)Toby | iVapour Wrote:  
(14/07/18 10:52 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  .. the Zenith tank? Looking at it it appears to have a wide variance of air flow. Is it truly a MTL tank?

Turned down to one hole, it's super (too) tight, if that's what you want...
I have it at about 3 holes.

The Zenith tank is the best non-rebuildable MTL tank this year (saying that, have there been any others really?).. so much better than the Nautilus 2 IMO.

Cheers I've just watched a few reviews & it certainly appears to tick all the boxes. You're also totally correct in that there doesn't appear to have been many N2 or other MTL tanks that aren't RTAs released over the past 12-18 mths.

It's certainly looking like the Kroma A + Zenith combo is a good choice. Now to find the best price, although that £49.99 Vapeclub price link from Silvasurfa looks very good. Free postage too! Strange isn't it that when you're buying on behalf of someone else, you take more care than if its your own money you're spending?

14/07/18 01:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes marlowejames's post:
SilvaSurfa (14/07/18)
greendog Offline

Likes Given: 29
Sex:
(14/07/18 10:28 AM)nisam Wrote:  Vim from Jac vapour.
Good shout

lost or stolen dog ?

http://www.dogtag.org.uk
14/07/18 04:07 PM
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 3,508
Sex:
(14/07/18 10:57 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  Thanks, but should have mentioned that to "future" protect her ideally wanted a VV/VW mod.

As they want an internal battery, I'm not sure how future proof you're going to get.
14/07/18 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)