Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i coil and wick the berserker tank
Smok44 Offline

Likes Given: 99
Sex: Male

RE: How do i coil and wick the berserker tank
(30/07/18 03:40 PM)anditweighsaton Wrote:  
(30/07/18 03:13 PM)Smok44 Wrote:  
(30/07/18 02:03 PM)anditweighsaton Wrote:  I use 26AWG (0.4mm, same as yours) in mine. I do about 8 wraps if i remember correctly, wound touching. Comes out about .7-.8. No real trick to wicking jus make sure you don't overstuff it and you should be fine. I've got the mini, great tank. Doggystyle killer for me, @MDC Wink

What wattage would you suggest im getting a burning taste at the moment on 17watts so i brought it down to 16watts.

You might have over-wicked it then mate as I run mine between 20-25 watts

Ok thanks for letting me know that yeah i reacon it did over wick it.
30/07/18 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Smok44 Offline

I opened it up the coil was well burnt up so i used the wire i had like anditweighsaton said to make another coil now im starting on low wattage.

After bringing up the wattage from 12 watts im at 18 watts i had a slight burn taste at 19 watts so i think im ok at 18 watts.
(This post was last modified: 31/07/18 06:53 AM by Smok44.)
30/07/18 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Smok44 Offline

I dont know whats happened after making a second coil because im only managing 16watt anything above that and im getting the burning taste.So i rewicked and same thing happened so i made another coil and i still cant go above 16watt.

am i over stuffing the cotton and does that mean over stuffing into the channels or the coil.
04/08/18 04:04 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 349
(04/08/18 04:04 PM)Smok44 Wrote:  I dont know whats happened after making a second coil because im only managing 16watt anything above that and im getting the burning taste.So i rewicked and same thing happened so i made another coil and i still cant go above 16watt.

am i over stuffing the cotton and does that mean over stuffing into the channels or the coil.

Could be either. Use less cotton or try Scottish Roll wicking?
04/08/18 05:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
Smok44 (04/08/18)
Smok44 Offline

(04/08/18 05:58 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(04/08/18 04:04 PM)Smok44 Wrote:  I dont know whats happened after making a second coil because im only managing 16watt anything above that and im getting the burning taste.So i rewicked and same thing happened so i made another coil and i still cant go above 16watt.

Ok Mdc cheers the scottish roll i do make sure its just enough but loose enough in the coil so it must be the channels.My first one was just enough cotton in there and that seemed to be fine.But these last two yeah i have been stuffing more into the channels.maybe racking it too b4 i stuff it in there.

Ill try the scottish roll first im getting that slight burning taste even on 16watt and i was at 18watt on my first one that tasted good.
04/08/18 09:46 PM
Smok44 Offline

(04/08/18 05:58 PM)MDC Wrote:  

I used less cotton i snipped the ends so that it tucked in the channels instead of stuffing it in there.Im now up at 22watt no burning but i think im getting what they call dry hits i do taste it but theres no smoke.
05/08/18 02:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smok44's post:
anditweighsaton (06/08/18)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)