Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intermediate Kit Purchase help
Osmo Offline

Likes Given: 117
Sex: Male
RE: Intermediate Kit Purchase help
(22/12/16 02:40 PM)firtle Wrote:  MDC are the ECR coils decent for the melo?

Looking for something to match the ego one clr

ECR coils = rebuildable fit melo 1,2 and 3 http://www.eleafworld.com/ecr-head-2/

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uUF9Qp8Z90

This should also fit http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/furytank-rba-deck.html
(This post was last modified: 22/12/16 06:10 PM by Osmo.)
22/12/16 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
firtle Offline

Likes Given: 86
Sex: Undisclosed
(22/12/16 04:30 PM)MDC Wrote:  

Not really, they are much airier - suited only for DTL at higher power. They do some MTL coils for the Melo, but not rebuildable. Might see if I can combine the 2 - air flow of the MTL bottom pin and rebuildable top?

Joyetech seem to be moving toward cloud vapers, so get their kit while you can. Fasttech are still selling Tron-s and CLRs.

Cheers I'm going to stock up! Already have more than ten clrs at home I can rebuild but will probably get some more while I can

I should have put my post clearer not looking for something to use with the ego one but an alternative with similar ease of build and rewicking
(This post was last modified: 22/12/16 06:44 PM by firtle.)
22/12/16 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 240
(22/12/16 06:42 PM)firtle Wrote:  

Not really, they are much airier - suited only for DTL at higher power. They do some MTL coils for the Melo, but not rebuildable. Might see if I can combine the 2 - air flow of the MTL bottom pin and rebuildable top?

Joyetech seem to be moving toward cloud vapers, so get their kit while you can. Fasttech are still selling Tron-s and CLRs.

Cheers I'm going to stock up! Already have more than ten clrs at home I can rebuild but will probably get some more while I can

I should have put my post clearer not looking for something to use with the ego one but an alternative with similar ease of build and rewicking

Did you get around to trying the Tron-S? Same CLR coil, slightly better than the Ego one Mega.

Apart from Tron and Ego one, the only tanks I use on a regular basis are beefed up mini protanks. Occasional cloud vapes on the Melo 3 and rebuildables, but they don't go out with me.
22/12/16 06:54 PM
firtle Offline

Likes Given: 86
Sex: Undisclosed
(22/12/16 06:54 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(22/12/16 06:42 PM)firtle Wrote:  

Did you get around to trying the Tron-S? Same CLR coil, slightly better than the Ego one Mega.

Apart from Tron and Ego one, the only tanks I use on a regular basis are beefed up mini protanks. Occasional cloud vapes on the Melo 3 and rebuildables, but they don't go out with me.

Not yet but I'm definitely getting a couple with the 15% off from the slow boat
22/12/16 08:40 PM
mellow yellow Offline

Likes Given: 12
Sex:

(22/12/16 04:25 PM)SafEvo Wrote:  I started with the EGO AIO, awesome little device. Still use it.
I upgraded to the SMOK Osub 80w.
It has built in big 3300mah battery so no messing about with 18650's, spares and separate chargers.
Can be had within your budget. Overall its a very nice device and the fire bar is cool too, just tighten your grip to fire.

1 word of warning with this Osub kit though, the Brit Beast tank is very thirsty, burns juice for fun but does give you massive flavour and clouds in return.
I had to switch to an iSub V tank to make the juice last longer.

Also, i will state a few things that i wasn't prepared for when going from MTL to DL/DTL in general.
1. Consumption of juice will at least double. So always keep a bottle with you if you take it out.
2. You may have to buy more juice with lower PG and nic content (the 60/40 6mg juice i used in the AIO is harsh in this)
3. The massive increase in flavour will make you will vape ALOT more.
4. DTL vaping indoor will set off the smoke alarms at home lol

Hope this helps.

(22/12/16 04:25 PM)SafEvo Wrote:  I started with the EGO AIO, awesome little device. Still use it.
I upgraded to the SMOK Osub 80w.
It has built in big 3300mah battery so no messing about with 18650's, spares and separate chargers.
Can be had within your budget. Overall its a very nice device and the fire bar is cool too, just tighten your grip to fire.

1 word of warning with this Osub kit though, the Brit Beast tank is very thirsty, burns juice for fun but does give you massive flavour and clouds in return.
I had to switch to an iSub V tank to make the juice last longer.

Also, i will state a few things that i wasn't prepared for when going from MTL to DL/DTL in general.
1. Consumption of juice will at least double. So always keep a bottle with you if you take it out.
2. You may have to buy more juice with lower PG and nic content (the 60/40 6mg juice i used in the AIO is harsh in this)
3. The massive increase in flavour will make you will vape ALOT more.
4. DTL vaping indoor will set off the smoke alarms at home lol

Hope this helps.

p.s a colleague uses the iStick Pico and loves it so good choice there.

cheers for that mate, it certainly helps! .... i had a feeling i would have to knock the nic down to 3.... i've only got 10ml bottles at the moment as i'm still finding the right tastes for me, but thats all part of the fun!
23/12/16 09:47 AM
Jazzy J Offline

Likes Given: 1,923
the Pico is a pretty good little mod tbh, my wife has one and loves it,
a mate also has the black model which he really likes too although he is now wishing he purchased one of the protective silicon sleeves for it as its showing signs of wear and tear in less than a month,
so just be careful if you go for the all black that its the only thing in your pocket as it may mark the paint work,

23/12/16 09:52 AM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 240
(23/12/16 09:52 AM)Jazzy J Wrote:  the Pico is a pretty good little mod tbh, my wife has one and loves it,
a mate also has the black model which he really likes too although he is now wishing he purchased one of the protective silicon sleeves for it as its showing signs of wear and tear in less than a month,
so just be careful if you go for the all black that its the only thing in your pocket as it may mark the paint work,

I kept a black Pico rattling in my jacket pocket with a Wismec Presa 75w for several months, and the paintwork is pristine! Not a mark on it. Helps that the top and bottom edges are not painted, the black presa is showing signs of wear there.
23/12/16 10:02 AM
Jazzy J Offline

(23/12/16 10:02 AM)MDC Wrote:  
(23/12/16 09:52 AM)Jazzy J Wrote:  the Pico is a pretty good little mod tbh, my wife has one and loves it,

I kept a black Pico rattling in my jacket pocket with a Wismec Presa 75w for several months, and the paintwork is pristine! Not a mark on it. Helps that the top and bottom edges are not painted, the black presa is showing signs of wear there.

the one my mate has is all black including the top and base and battery cap,

23/12/16 10:22 AM
mellow yellow Offline

Likes Given: 12
Sex:

(23/12/16 10:22 AM)Jazzy J Wrote:  

This is the one i have ordered, i was worried it would lose its finish with it being matt and nearly went for the silver one for this reason, but it will rarely be in my pocket as it will be a device for home, but it will inevitably get a know or too, so i will look into cover for it. cheers
23/12/16 10:30 AM
Jazzy J Offline

(23/12/16 10:30 AM)mellow yellow Wrote:  
(23/12/16 10:22 AM)Jazzy J Wrote:  

This is the one i have ordered, i was worried it would lose its finish with it being matt and nearly went for the silver one for this reason, but it will rarely be in my pocket as it will be a device for home, but it will inevitably get a know or too, so i will look into cover for it. cheers

the sleeves are in expensive from china direct or under a fiver from the UK,

if your concerned its worth the investment,

23/12/16 10:35 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jazzy J's post:
mellow yellow (23/12/16)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)