Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intermediate Kit Purchase help
mellow yellow Offline

Likes Given: 12
Sex:

RE: Intermediate Kit Purchase help
OK so my pico arrived the other day and i've had a few goes with it now. Set up was nice and easy and the instructions are very clear, i've only used the 0.5 coil in wattage mode and find 20-40 watts give me the best results. is gives totally different flavours to the EGO so i need to find my taste, and probably drop the Nic down to 3mg... 6 can be quite harsh for me.

I've hammered through a few different flavours so i need to find the right taste for me, i like the vamp pinkman, but its a bit harsh in the 6nic that i have to will be looking for that in a 3, although i do have the reloaded pinkman in 6 also but i presume that will vape the same? I'm finding that the plain berry flavours are for me, no creams, citrus, or menthol.

any suggestions for some sweet berry flavours to try? preferably in 3mg..... i also wonder how a cocoa or chocolate might taste?
29/12/16 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 275
Sex: Male
(29/12/16 01:41 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  OK so my pico arrived the other day and i've had a few goes with it now. Set up was nice and easy and the instructions are very clear, i've only used the 0.5 coil in wattage mode and find 20-40 watts give me the best results. is gives totally different flavours to the EGO so i need to find my taste, and probably drop the Nic down to 3mg... 6 can be quite harsh for me.

I've hammered through a few different flavours so i need to find the right taste for me, i like the vamp pinkman, but its a bit harsh in the 6nic that i have to will be looking for that in a 3, although i do have the reloaded pinkman in 6 also but i presume that will vape the same? I'm finding that the plain berry flavours are for me, no creams, citrus, or menthol.

any suggestions for some sweet berry flavours to try? preferably in 3mg..... i also wonder how a cocoa or chocolate might taste?

You can also try the ECML coils (MTL), assuming you are running the Melo 3 mini. I find I can shift some volume of juice in DTL, could be quite expensive if you don't brew your own. Not tried them myself yet, though I have some coming on the slow boat.
29/12/16 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

melo 3 mini yes, dtl mainly, although i have thought about a smaller drip tip, i prefer the EGO one which i believe will fit so i will give that a go tonight, but i think something inbetween the 2 would suit me most.

I will also give the 0.3 coil a whirl soon to see how that compares.

I've not even gone through a 2ml tank in one session yet, i've mainly been putting a squirt or 2 in of each flavour i have, then moving onto the next, just trying them out in the new machine...... would love to brew my own juice but i would not have a clue where to start!!!
29/12/16 02:37 PM
JJW Offline

Likes Given: 32
Sex:
Stick a decent atty on a Pico and watch it come to life Clapping

─░mage
29/12/16 03:12 PM
MDC Offline

(29/12/16 02:37 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  melo 3 mini yes, dtl mainly, although i have thought about a smaller drip tip, i prefer the EGO one which i believe will fit so i will give that a go tonight, but i think something inbetween the 2 would suit me most.

I will also give the 0.3 coil a whirl soon to see how that compares.

I've not even gone through a 2ml tank in one session yet, i've mainly been putting a squirt or 2 in of each flavour i have, then moving onto the next, just trying them out in the new machine...... would love to brew my own juice but i would not have a clue where to start!!!

The Tron-s being MTL and DTL has a broad short drip tip, so I use these instead for MTL.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/3477800

As for home brewing, take a look at the Mixology sections? Worth considering, big savings. Time to buy the 72mg nicotine is limited, as the Tobacco Product Directive (TPD) has banned production of new stock and will prohibit sale of existing stock next May. As a rough estimate, 250ml wil last a moderate user a year or so, I have litres stashed in a freezer!
29/12/16 03:21 PM
mellow yellow Offline

Sex:

something with a medium outer diam would do me i think, if such a thing exists?

JJW, i'm happy with the melo 3 tank for now but never say never eh! :-) i have also been recommended the cleito, but i have no reason to change at the moment.
29/12/16 03:52 PM
firtle Offline

Likes Given: 86
Sex: Undisclosed
I've never used a mod with a replaceable battery how is the battery life compared to say an istick 30w?

I assume the 30w uses an 18650 of some kind? (Obs depending on the quality of battery I would buy)
01/01/17 10:36 PM
Barnweld Offline

Likes Given: 1,953
(22/12/16 02:24 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  found this one from UK, i dont mind spending a bit more for faster delivery and UK source

https://www.sparksecigs.co.uk/products/e...2930867142

and these batteries - 2 x Samsung INR18650-25R 18650 UNPROTECTED 3.7V 2500 mAh / 10C High Drain Rechargeable Battery

I'll run the stock coils and do some reading on alternatives. The stock set up looks to have some good reviews and plenty of power for its size!....

my favourite reviewer ;-) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrGA1RHvGmc
something about her voice that is very soothing! she could sell me anything!!!!

She's hot but her nails are a fail. However I'd could over look that small detail. Great review aswell ha ha! Smiling
01/01/17 11:06 PM
MDC Offline

(01/01/17 10:36 PM)firtle Wrote:  I've never used a mod with a replaceable battery how is the battery life compared to say an istick 30w?

I assume the 30w uses an 18650 of some kind? (Obs depending on the quality of battery I would buy)

The Istick 30w has a LiPo which is labelled an 18650 (confusing) and is quoted as being 2200mAh. My battery of choice is the Samsung INR 18650-25R, which is 2500mAh. So, the Istick should lose out, but it does last quite well!

I prefer swappable batteries because I charge 4 or 6 at once when I'm at home, and can swap them into the mods when they drop below 30% without having to wait for them to recharge. Also, if the mod doesn't fail first, I won't have to chuck it when the battery needs replacing.
02/01/17 01:14 AM
firtle Offline

Likes Given: 86
Sex: Undisclosed
Cheers! My 30w is still lasting well but it's all about the spares!
02/01/17 06:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)