Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there such a mod?
DE4NX Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex: Male
Is there such a mod?
Hey,

Been a while since I last posted, basically I'm sick of having my to carry round my rx 200 and smok tfv4 tank. with 3 battery's it's not just huge but it's heavy and more specifically at work it's beginning to bug me.

I would like a mod that has the tank recessed into the mod and for it to be pretty small, I have looked at the tesla stealth mod which I really like and it seems perfect but I'm not sure it will fit my tfv4 tank and I don't think the lipo battery will last me all day and I wouldn't have the ability to change it out.

Bassically what I'd like is an 18650 regulated mod, as compact as possible, resesed tank, up to around 100w.

But i am willing to give them a try [Mod Edit: please read the forum rules ]

Thanks.

-Ego, Dead.
-Vamo V3, Dead.
-Smoktech SID, Alive.
-Nemesis Clone, Never Going To Die!
Cool Nottingham UK
(This post was last modified: 08/07/16 10:34 PM by Cheekiecharlie.)
08/07/16 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 5,487
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Is there such a mod?
Link
Also comes in black. This will take the TFV4 mini (3.5ml) which FT also sell for £15.
Currency fluctuations may add as much as 10%.
08/07/16 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
QuinnDexter Offline
Uberfool

Likes Given: 1,727
I've had a Smoant Knight, as linked by Loganberry, for a couple of weeks now and found it to be a solid piece of kit. Feels well made and has performed perfectly so far. Very compact and fits a Griffin 22mm very nicely. Should be good for a tank up to 23mm - I tried my old Taifun in there and it fitted nice and snug. It goes up to 60W and has TC if that's your bag. I can't vouch for the but using wattage and kanthal coils it's been great for me. It was in a flash sale on Gearbest yesterday. Check their thread in the vendor section for their current promo page.

08/07/16 10:16 PM
MjrTom Offline
Floating 'round my tin can...

Likes Given: 322
The Tesla stealth is a great little mod if you can live with unregulated.
At the price of them on FT of around £17 you could buy two to last you a full day or more. Wink

It is significantly smaller than the Knight.

Given the power hungry nature of the TFV4 not many single battery mods are gonna see you through a day on a single 18650.

MODS: RX200, Cuboid 150TC, NX75, VT75 Nano, Pico, VF Lite, iPV D3, Elfin Mini, Tesla Stealth.
TANKS: TFV8 Baby & Big Baby, Cleito, Atlantis Evo, Crown, Aromamizer Supreme, Ammit, Avocado 24, Limitless Plus.
RDA: Tsunami 22 & 24
Squonk: Pico, Petri v2 BF, Hastur 2S
08/07/16 10:29 PM
DE4NX Offline

Likes Given: 1

Ok so I've just gone out and got my self a tesla stealth with the shadow tank that came with it, perfect size and weight but the performance seems to be lacking, the resistance of the came out to 0.34ohm which is a little higher than stated on the coil, I put the same tank on my rx200 and tuned it to roughly the same vape I was getting from the stealth and I guess it's rough running it at 35w, this may not be accurate however seeing as the rx200 takes 3x 18650 batteries I'm not sure if comparing them this way is correct, it's fully charged but Bassically getting no throat hit, very little flavour but lots of vapour production, it' feels like a mechanical mod when the batteries are almost dead.
Should I get another tank to go on it? Is the shadow tank not that good anyway? None of my other tanks fit so I'm unable to test Anyang else Sad
Other than this it's exactly what I was after but wish it was a little more punchy. Though I am used to an rx200 with a tfv4 so may be the step down that's exaggerating the low performance.

-Ego, Dead.
-Vamo V3, Dead.
-Smoktech SID, Alive.
-Nemesis Clone, Never Going To Die!
Cool Nottingham UK
09/07/16 07:05 PM
MjrTom Offline

I personally don't have the shadow tank as I went for the mod by itself.
It is an unregulated mod so you might find an RTA will give you more scope for tweaking the power output by tweaking the coil resistance.

In my case I tend to use it with the Cleito and 0.4ohm coils and it punches as well as my ipvd3 at the equivalent voltage.
At 0.4ohm on a fresh battery it outputs around the sweet spot for this tank of 40w
This tank is a little shorter than the ideal size for this mod so I just extend the drip tip with a spare delrin one.

I is a more sedate vape than using my RX200 & big dual fused Claptons in and RDA but then it's small enough to lose in a pocket Smiling

MODS: RX200, Cuboid 150TC, NX75, VT75 Nano, Pico, VF Lite, iPV D3, Elfin Mini, Tesla Stealth.
TANKS: TFV8 Baby & Big Baby, Cleito, Atlantis Evo, Crown, Aromamizer Supreme, Ammit, Avocado 24, Limitless Plus.
(This post was last modified: 09/07/16 07:21 PM by MjrTom.)
09/07/16 07:20 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 251
(09/07/16 07:05 PM)DE4NX Wrote:  Ok so I've just gone out and got my self a tesla stealth with the shadow tank that came with it, perfect size and weight but the performance seems to be lacking, the resistance of the came out to 0.34ohm which is a little higher than stated on the coil, I put the same tank on my rx200 and tuned it to roughly the same vape I was getting from the stealth and I guess it's rough running it at 35w, this may not be accurate however seeing as the rx200 takes 3x 18650 batteries I'm not sure if comparing them this way is correct, it's fully charged but Bassically getting no throat hit, very little flavour but lots of vapour production, it' feels like a mechanical mod when the batteries are almost dead.
Should I get another tank to go on it? Is the shadow tank not that good anyway? None of my other tanks fit so I'm unable to test Anyang else Sad
Other than this it's exactly what I was after but wish it was a little more punchy. Though I am used to an rx200 with a tfv4 so may be the step down that's exaggerating the low performance.

You should be able to compare watts, regardless of the battery count, as long as the mods are accurately calibrated. Just that multiple batteries give longer life and more power. Don't expect more than 75w per 18650 battery if you want more than a few minutes at full power.

If the Tesla is a protected mech (adverts imply this without saying so) then with a fully charged battery it should be putting around 35-40w into your coil, depending on battery internal resistance. This will fall off quite quickly to the low thirties, then lower as the battery flattens.
09/07/16 07:29 PM
MjrTom Offline

I forgot to say the flavour is all there in in the Cleito.

The reviews from various people seem to regard the shadow tank as being pretty good, maybe just different from what you usually Vape.
The Cleito and the shadow tank are very similar in design with their coils making up the chimney section of the tank.

Here is a photo of the Cleito in the mod to show what I mean about being on the short side.

(This post was last modified: 09/07/16 07:34 PM by MjrTom.)
09/07/16 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)