Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Juul's rise to a $38bn vaping phenomenon
stevelauder Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 727
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Juul's rise to a $38bn vaping phenomenon
Agree with you Nisam; as you know, power plays a large role in harshness. A 12mg juice is killer at 60w (if you're used to 3mg), but it barely registers at 8w. Aside from our Pod Salts range, we manufacture salts for a number of hardware companies (and independent salt brands) and have in many instances mixed salts with freebase to optimise the level of throat hit. Some want it, some don't.

Going back (far too long ago) to when I first started vaping, the harshness was really important to the satisfaction. But later I realised that you only miss the throat hit if you can't really feel the hit the nicotine has given you. Salts give you such a good kick of nic that you don't need a slightly peppered throat to know you've been vaping more than flavours.

Well, that's true for me, anyway... I appreciate we're all very different
09/01/19 11:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes stevelauder's post:
nisam (09/01/19)
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 4,019
I don't know - that throat hit was a really important part of smoking for me, but obviously so was the kick that came when you hadn't been able to smoke for a while. I'm thinking that I could menthol the shit out of salts to get the best of both worlds, but am probably too miserable to try until my stash runs out.
09/01/19 12:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
stevelauder Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 727
Lol! I always say if it ain't broke...

If what you use works for you then you're using the optimal setup. Freebase doesn't work for everyone, so for those people, it's good that there's a viable alternative. I'd still be using Freebase myself were it not for my job
09/01/19 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,979
Sex: Male

FWIW I use up to 24mg using freebase nic for the throat hit, but don't want it smoother, or extra nic hit (and certainly not menthol!).

09/01/19 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Smoke Bloke Offline
Shorty Mega Bore

Likes Given: 1,846
In 2009, 36mg in the pretty useless devices I could get back then was not enough to get me to quit. 36mg in an eGo did the trick 5 years later, but only just. 50mg in a pod system does not sound excessive at all.

A few years back, everyone was asking what juice tasted like Marlboro or Camel. I'm seeing the first 'what e-juice tastes like a Juul' posts on the internet now Smiling

11/01/19 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)