Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kayfun Mini V3 coiling
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 251
Sex: Male
RE: Kayfun Mini V3 coiling
(14/01/17 02:09 PM)Jamin Wrote:  In this day and age it just sounds strange, reading about people coiling over 1 ohm, you rqd so much about 0.1 ohm coils and 0.05 ohm coils, a resistance of 1 ohm sounds huge in comparison.
But you still get a lovely vape, even my preferences as far as coils go is that I'm a 0.5 - 0.8 ohm builder.
If you are using a vv mod it doesn't really matter what you build as you can whack the power right up.
In the mini v3 I think it's around .7 ohms.
It's a really lovely flavour atty

Indeed, why not coil at 1 ohm or over? my two standard builds are 1 ohm and 1.6 ohms. The limit at higher power comes from mod voltage limits. If the mod can put out say 8v at maximum, then heyjoe's 1.7 coil could put out a maximum of 8*8/1.7 = 37w. Not an issue if he's happy at 9w!.
14/01/17 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
Jamin (14/01/17)
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 267
Sex:

(14/01/17 02:26 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(14/01/17 02:09 PM)Jamin Wrote:  In this day and age it just sounds strange, reading about people coiling over 1 ohm, you rqd so much about 0.1 ohm coils and 0.05 ohm coils, a resistance of 1 ohm sounds huge in comparison.
But you still get a lovely vape, even my preferences as far as coils go is that I'm a 0.5 - 0.8 ohm builder.
If you are using a vv mod it doesn't really matter what you build as you can whack the power right up.

Indeed, why not coil at 1 ohm or over? my two standard builds are 1 ohm and 1.6 ohms. The limit at higher power comes from mod voltage limits. If the mod can put out say 8v at maximum, then heyjoe's 1.7 coil could put out a maximum of 8*8/1.7 = 37w. Not an issue if he's happy at 9w!.

Yeah, when the resistance is stable around where I targeted 9w - 12w produces as much cloud and heat as I want.
14/01/17 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
wobbly Offline

Likes Given: 979

It wasn't that long ago when 2.5 ohms was STANDARD resistance!
Then came came the "TURBO" versions at 1.4ish ohms.
Things have changed so much so quickly over the last few years.
Mainly for the better, but sadly resulting in higher juice consumption,
and numpties with high power batteries in with their coins and keys.

Cheers.

Sent using a Raspberry Pi 2 (Ubuntu-Mate) whilst puffing away on a Wraith squonker.
14/01/17 09:39 PM
watsy Offline

Likes Given: 714
UTube, Kayfun 5 rebuild. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd0xb2bRw78

Happy man with what I got.
14/01/17 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes watsy's post:
HeyJoe (14/01/17)
iPant Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:
I'd never build a v3 mini with such a small chamber below 1ohm. It would give me a much warmer vape than the one I like. In the same sense, I would never build my Tilemahos over 1ohm, just because its chamber is huge and it needs smaller resistance to give me the quality of vape I want.

Of course, it's all down to personal preference, but I always go by the available space I've got and the warmth of the vape I intend to get.
15/01/17 07:04 PM
TinCool Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:
I exclusively use kayfun mini v3's, and my standard build is 8 wraps of 3mm kanthal around a 2mm drill bit. Comes out at around 1-1.2ohms. Perfect for me.
18/01/17 09:12 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinCool's post:
HeyJoe (19/01/17)
wobbly Offline

Likes Given: 979
(18/01/17 09:12 AM)TinCool Wrote:  I exclusively use kayfun mini v3's, and my standard build is 8 wraps of 3mm kanthal around a 2mm drill bit. Comes out at around 1-1.2ohms. Perfect for me.

3mm Kanthal !!!!!! I hope you meant 0.3mm ?

Cheers.

Sent using a Raspberry Pi 2 (Ubuntu-Mate) whilst puffing away on a Wraith squonker.
18/01/17 08:34 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes wobbly's post:
HeyJoe (19/01/17)
Real Extracts Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 29
Sex: Undisclosed
(18/01/17 09:12 AM)TinCool Wrote:  I exclusively use kayfun mini v3's, and my standard build is 8 wraps of 3mm kanthal around a 2mm drill bit. Comes out at around 1-1.2ohms. Perfect for me.

Yep, this sounds right. I like keeping my resistance above 1.0 ohms as I don't need higher temps and it is easier on the battery. I use the v3 and the v5 and use the same wrap on them both. Any where between 1.2 and 1.8 works well on both as I can vary the power level as needed.
The natural extracts like low powered single coils. The Kayfuns are excellent flavor producers at lower power levels.
19/01/17 01:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Extracts's post:
HeyJoe (19/01/17)
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 267
Sex:

(19/01/17 01:57 PM)Real Extracts Wrote:  

Yep, this sounds right. I like keeping my resistance above 1.0 ohms as I don't need higher temps and it is easier on the battery. I use the v3 and the v5 and use the same wrap on them both. Any where between 1.2 and 1.8 works well on both as I can vary the power level as needed.
The natural extracts like low powered single coils. The Kayfuns are excellent flavor producers at lower power levels.

Having had my KFV3 a few days now, I think it is a very reliable and consistent design and have had very few mess-ups with it. The vape is smooth and flavoursome, as you say. I'm using 7 wraps of Kanthal normally with 2.5 mm ID and 8-12 watts depending my mood. I have it on SS at the moment running on watts but it seems to vary in taste quite alot over time with the iStick TC 40w. I think an iStick Pico might be on the cards that someone recommended earlier. I like the iStick very much so might as well get a newer one that can handle SS. natively.
19/01/17 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)