Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kylin RTA
Leevis Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Kylin RTA
Hi
After much mithering i recently bit the bullet and purchased a Kylin RTA.

To be honest i am finding it quite hard to get used to this one. I was using a Sub Tank Mini (still am) but i am finding the Kylin too airey but i havent really persevered that much with it.

Does anyone have one of these and can give me some tips on the best set up for it. I cant work out how the juice control works properley.

What i will do when i get a minute will be to put in a 0.7 coil and see how it compares to the subtank.

Just need some advice really. Leaked like a bugger first time i used it.

Lee
13/09/17 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leevis's post:
Phaalman (14/09/17)
slidey_adz Offline
Professional Idiot

Likes Given: 1,161
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Kylin RTA
These are pretty much chalk n cheese tanks.. subtank is geared towards mild subohm single coils or the higher ohm mtl coils. Where as the Kylin is geared toward chunky dual coils, hence it's rather roomy build deck and masses of air flow. I think you will really struggle to get the Kylin to perform as you like the Subtank..

RTA/RDA/DIY = F#CK THE TPD!!
13/09/17 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Leevis Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:

What would be a better upgrade to the subtank? something that is as pleasant as the subtank but a billion times easier to build on. Easy to build on the kylin though. Dunno whether to perserver or not with this one.
13/09/17 08:58 PM
stevelauder Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 675
Sex: Undisclosed
(13/09/17 08:58 PM)Leevis Wrote:  What would be a better upgrade to the subtank? something that is as pleasant as the subtank but a billion times easier to build on. Easy to build on the kylin though. Dunno whether to perserver or not with this one.

I'd go for the Serpent Mini SMM. Dead easy to build, not too airflow heavy, and even when you close the airflow down it doesn't become turbulent or whistely... works best between 30 and 60 watts, depending on your build. The supplied coils perform very well indeed, which is a nice Brucey bonus.
13/09/17 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes stevelauder's post:
Phaalman (14/09/17)
roccoweld Offline

Likes Given: 46
Sex: Male
Kylin RTA
I've got a new kylin & love it, but you need chunky coils to get that great flavour. You can buy all sorts of wires nowadays or even by ready made coils. I've got 2 staple Claptons in, think they come out 0.2ohm. You can go crazy with the watts but with the custards I use 60-70 is plenty.
The juice flow control is a massive pain in the ass & it took me ages to get it right, especially with the extension tube on. Best bet is to take it all apart & twist the chimney so you can see it open & shut. If you can't see it open or shut you've over tightened it (like I did), it's a rubber glove job to get it open. I turned it until you feel it tighten & it's wide open, the put the whole tank back together. When you want to fill turn it anti clockwise until the juice control is shut, fill & then turn it open. That sounds really basic but it doesn't spin freely like other juice controls, so if you keep tightening it'll seize. This is really important when you put the extension tube on, because when you replace the top cap after filling if you over tighten the top cap it'll spin the juice control (you won't notice first time), you'll think you need to keep tightening the top cap but it's the combination of the top cap, top of the tank, chimney extension & juice flow tightening. If this happens when you open your top cap again the chimney extension will undo in the middle & everything above will be stuck fast. That's what happened to me the first few times anyway! It sounds really complicated but just take it apart, see how the juice control works, fit at all back tighter & hold the tank as you put the top cap on. As soon as you get it it's no problem at all, not had one leak or seize since & it wicks better than any other similar tank I've got. Defo my favourite at the moment & just ordered another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14/09/17 02:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)