Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
List of mtl rta
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 372
Sex:
RE: List of mtl rta
(19/02/18 11:17 AM)Phaalman Wrote:  
(19/02/18 09:45 AM)MDC Wrote:  
(19/02/18 07:02 AM)Phaalman Wrote:  
(18/02/18 10:52 PM)HeyJoe Wrote:  
(18/02/18 10:27 AM)Phaalman Wrote:  Thanks Steve
Apparently these. Ony 80 cents for 20 so worth a punt.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2019300
They also look like they might do it cheers the problem is on my doggy you need to remove the airflow ring to unscrew the base to refill so each time you disturb the bottom of ring which is quite flimsy and invariably snaps each time
I hook one jaw of a pair of narrow nose pliers in the air hole to undo the tank, and a screwdriver blade also works. No need to remove the air flow ring, my original seal is still in place after about 6 months.
I'll try that MDC probably me being a bit heavy handed I've managed to find a spare one ring that looks like it will fit
I leave the AFC ring off. Would that be too airy for you? I've ordered 20 and can send you some when they come.
19/02/18 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Phaalman Offline

Likes Given: 131
Sex: Male
(19/02/18 04:56 PM)HeyJoe Wrote:  
(19/02/18 11:17 AM)Phaalman Wrote:  
(19/02/18 09:45 AM)MDC Wrote:  
(19/02/18 07:02 AM)Phaalman Wrote:  
(18/02/18 10:52 PM)HeyJoe Wrote:  Apparently these. Ony 80 cents for 20 so worth a punt.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2019300
They also look like they might do it cheers the problem is on my doggy you need to remove the airflow ring to unscrew the base to refill so each time you disturb the bottom of ring which is quite flimsy and invariably snaps each time
I hook one jaw of a pair of narrow nose pliers in the air hole to undo the tank, and a screwdriver blade also works. No need to remove the air flow ring, my original seal is still in place after about 6 months.
I'll try that MDC probably me being a bit heavy handed I've managed to find a spare one ring that looks like it will fit
I leave the AFC ring off. Would that be too airy for you? I've ordered 20 and can send you some when they come.
That's kind of you but I've just ordered the ones you recommended from FastTech in the mean time I've found a couple in my spares box that fit yea would be a bit airy for me I have the airflow almost closed off
19/02/18 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Filbert Offline

Likes Given: 261
I still use the SXK Corolla 1.5 more than any other mtl tank.

Berserker is good but I always seem to return to the idiot-proof simplicity of the Corollas.
22/02/18 06:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filbert's post:
Barnweld (24/02/18)
Tmax Offline
Dr Stanley Clark's Snake Oil
Vendors

Likes Given: 187
My Innokin Ares just arrived from China (full sized tank)

Wow - very very pleased - easiest deck to build, I've ever had - wicking easy, same as doggystyle

Draw with 1 hole is perfect (for me) MTL, and very smooth airflow - vape taste is excellent - maybe half a notch over the Berserker and doggy

Had the KF Prime in same package - nice also but no way comparable to the Ares

Gotta say Barsardo and Dimitri have put their names on 2 good/great MTL tanks - Zenith (Stock Coils) and Ares (RBA)

22/02/18 08:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tmax's post:
lucifah (22/02/18)
lucifah Offline

Likes Given: 247
Sex: Undisclosed
(22/02/18 08:08 PM)Tmax Wrote:  My Innokin Ares just arrived from China (full sized tank)

Wow - very very pleased - easiest deck to build, I've ever had - wicking easy, same as doggystyle

Draw with 1 hole is perfect (for me) MTL, and very smooth airflow - vape taste is excellent - maybe half a notch over the Berserker and doggy

Had the KF Prime in same package - nice also but no way comparable to the Ares

Gotta say Barsardo and Dimitri have put their names on 2 good/great MTL tanks - Zenith (Stock Coils) and Ares (RBA)

I agree absolutely. Apparently Innokin had some production issues with the first batches (acknowledged and since fixed), which made it way too airy, even if closed off entirely. My two Ares are younger though, they don't have that issue. Love them! (got a 2ml from here in the UK, and a 4ml from France*, where a translation issue in the TPD regulations made them somewhat exempt from selling only tiny tanks HeHe! )
Also, it seems a lot less prone to leaking than the Siren 2 for example. Don't have a Berserker as it's apparently a super tight fella, and I like to at least have the option to go a little bit more airy.

* in case anybody wants to know a good shop in France (site is fully translated to English as well): https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/ -- Reasonable prices, delivered in 3 business days.

22/02/18 08:51 PM
ade555 Offline

Likes Given: 4
Sex:
List of mtl rta
I have been reading this thread with interest and after watching some review on line I sort of have my shirt list but with few questions:

Doggy style - cheap tank but the deck just puts me off (just not for me) mainly the screws- flat head very easy to strip

Berserker - nice looking tank but again not sure about deck when it comes to wicking anyone had a bad experience with dry hits?

Ares - I do like the way that deck sits in middle with cotton on bottom, one face of it looks the easiest decks you can build

Kayfun prime - are the really worth the price tag? Don't get me wrong when people spend £100 plus up on tank who is going to say bad word about it? I don't mind spending a bit of money on decent kit if they the dogs dingles and there is nothing else on this planet that is better but could any of them above deliver the same taste/ quality?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02/04/18 03:24 PM by ade555.)
02/04/18 03:00 PM
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 325
(02/04/18 03:00 PM)ade555 Wrote:  I have been reading this thread with interest and after watching some review on line I sort of have my shirt list but with few questions:

Doggy style - cheap tank but the deck just puts me off (just not for me) mainly the screws- flat head very easy to strip

Berserker - nice looking tank but again not sure about deck when it comes to wicking anyone had a bad experience with dry hits?

Ares - I do like the way that deck sits in middle with cotton on bottom, one face of it looks the easiest decks you can build

Kayfun prime - are the really worth the price tag? Don't get me wrong when people spend £100 plus up on tank who is going to say bad word about it? I don't mind spending a bit of money on decent kit if they the dogs dingles and there is nothing else on this planet that is better but could any of them above deliver the same taste/ quality?

I've been using Doggies for a year or so now, never had any problems with the deck - I prefer trapping the wire under a screw head to trapping it under the end of the screw.
02/04/18 03:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
marlowejames (02/04/18)
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 372
Sex:
(02/04/18 03:45 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(02/04/18 03:00 PM)ade555 Wrote:  I have been reading this thread with interest and after watching some review on line I sort of have my shirt list but with few questions:

I've been using Doggies for a year or so now, never had any problems with the deck - I prefer trapping the wire under a screw head to trapping it under the end of the screw.

Trapping under a screw is more suited to ribbon and multi-wire coils.
02/04/18 06:35 PM
bgoodchild8 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
List of mtl rta
My favourites at the moment are the berserker mini and the heron, but have to mention

Nextiny - tobacco sings on mesh!

Gem - fiddly little bugger but very flavoursome

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
02/04/18 09:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)