Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3 Average
List of public places and their policies on electronic cigarette use.
R1samo Offline
Serial vapist

Likes Given: 8
Sex: Male
RE: List of public places and there policies on electronic cigarette use.
(31/01/13 02:51 PM)Stevethesax Wrote:  
(31/01/13 01:27 PM)R1samo Wrote:  Interesting that morrisons and tesco sell ecigs and market them as use anywhere but neither allow e cig use in their stores

And why should they?
I never wanted smokers breathing fag smoke over the fruit and veg I was hoping to buy, and neither do I want people vaping over them. As discussed in another thread, there's clearly some residue that gets deposited.
I mean, fer gawd's sake, if people can't make it all the way around Tescos without having vape then they've got a bit of a problem - and it sure as hell doesn't lend any credibility to the argument that since taking up vaping many ex-smokers don't feel quite so driven to 'have a toke' every 15 minutes or so.

Cheers,

Steve
I never said I wanted to vape, smoke or do anything else over the fruit and veg
Just pointing out the contradiction that they are marketing e cigs as being allowed for use anywhere when they themselves ban their use
So how can they be use anywhere?
31/01/13 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
evilscoop Offline

Likes Given: 20
"mistaking them for real cigs etc" seems to be a common thing...
Understand with cig-a-likes, but if your sat with a large 18650 hybrid with genesis on it, how can there be a confusion...

My local startbucks knows me, thankfully, they leave me alone in the corner with my kindle and ecig

31/01/13 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Stevethesax Offline
Out, damn'd spot

Likes Given: 332
(31/01/13 03:12 PM)R1samo Wrote:  I never said I wanted to vape, smoke or do anything else over the fruit and veg
Just pointing out the contradiction that they are marketing e cigs as being allowed for use anywhere when they themselves ban their use

Being able to do a thing doesn't mean you should.
If people can't apply commonsense then the government will be only too happy to do it for them...and then some.

Cheers,

Steve
31/01/13 03:20 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Stevethesax's post:
kenny (31/01/13), Sgt. Pepper (22/04/13)
Manic_Medic Offline

Likes Given: 1,290
(31/01/13 03:12 PM)R1samo Wrote:  
(31/01/13 01:27 PM)R1samo Wrote:  Interesting that morrisons and tesco sell ecigs and market them as use anywhere but neither allow e cig use in their stores

And why should they?
I never wanted smokers breathing fag smoke over the fruit and veg I was hoping to buy, and neither do I want people vaping over them. As discussed in another thread, there's clearly some residue that gets deposited.
I mean, fer gawd's sake, if people can't make it all the way around Tescos without having vape then they've got a bit of a problem - and it sure as hell doesn't lend any credibility to the argument that since taking up vaping many ex-smokers don't feel quite so driven to 'have a toke' every 15 minutes or so.

Cheers,

Steve

But it's not a contradiction. They still sell tobacco products but smoking is banned. They sell alcohol yet you aren't permitted to drink it in the store.
We should just respect their rules imo. I'd certainly not want someones strong tobacco flavoured vapour in my face while shopping.

31/01/13 03:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Manic_Medic's post:
Matt White (04/02/13)
Cohibacohiba Offline

Likes Given: 440
List of public places and there policies on electronic cigarette use.
(31/01/13 03:20 PM)Stevethesax Wrote:  
(31/01/13 03:12 PM)R1samo Wrote:  I never said I wanted to vape, smoke or do anything else over the fruit and veg

Being able to do a thing doesn't mean you should.
If people can't apply commonsense then the government will be only too happy to do it for them...and then some.

Cheers,

Steve

I can see where you're both coming from but it is contradictory to use the word "anywhere". Maybe they should amend their literature haha
(This post was last modified: 31/01/13 03:35 PM by Cohibacohiba.)
31/01/13 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

Likes Given: 7,714
Stealth vaping solves the problem really and I don't understand why more vapers don't do it. Its simple, you still get your nic hit and no one is offended or smokers made to feel uneasy.

If vapers keep drawing attention to themselves then I,m afraid it will be the end of vaping as we know it.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

31/01/13 03:34 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like kenny's post:
Belgarion (02/02/13), Charlie Monkey (03/02/13), JayLavEnts (31/01/13)
HERC Offline

Likes Given: 16
(31/01/13 03:34 PM)kenny Wrote:  Stealth vaping solves the problem really and I don't understand why more vapers don't do it. Its simple, you still get your nic hit and no one is offended or smokers made to feel uneasy.

If vapers keep drawing attention to themselves then I,m afraid it will be the end of vaping as we know it.

personally I do not have an issue vaping in public, but then I never had an issue smoking in public either.

stealth vaping for me is admitting that you are ashamed of what you are doing and in the back of your mind you think you shouldn't be doing it.

I would much rather people who are genuinely curious come up to me and talk about it.
31/01/13 03:41 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like HERC's post:
Belgarion (02/02/13), lil_Tuéy (07/04/14), RainmakerLTU (20/07/13), Stobart Driver (31/01/13)
the jester Offline

Likes Given: 516
id be surprised if Ryan Air didnt add 'vaping' as a cost option on their flights...wasnt he gonna try charging people a quid to use the loo!!!

and as for vaping in public, best comment ive over heard is a little kid saying 'why has that man got a doctor who thing in his mouth' Wink

The Jester is away conducting himself in a solo symphony whilst shooting hot white coconuts from the veiny love tree Wink

hi...im Andy Smiling
31/01/13 03:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes the jester's post:
keeks (15/07/14)
R1samo Offline
Serial vapist

Likes Given: 8
(31/01/13 03:32 PM)Manic_Medic Wrote:  
(31/01/13 03:12 PM)R1samo Wrote:  

And why should they?

Cheers,

Steve

But it's not a contradiction. They still sell tobacco products but smoking is banned. They sell alcohol yet you aren't permitted to drink it in the store.
We should just respect their rules imo. I'd certainly not want someones strong tobacco flavoured vapour in my face while shopping.

I DON'T WANT TO VAPE IN TESCO

Yes they sell alcohol but not under the banner drink anywhere
Yes they sell tobacco but not under the banner smoke anywhere
So why sell e cigs under a banner clearly stating you can use them anywhere when you clearly can't
That was the only point I was trying to get across
The use of ecigs and anything else for that matter is not a god given right and will always be down to the owners of the premises discretion
31/01/13 03:43 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like R1samo's post:
Cliffy (01/02/13), lil_Tuéy (07/04/14)
Wonko Offline

Likes Given: 2,753
I've never smoked in shops, before the ban or after, there are good reasons why people shouldnt. However I did used to smoke in shopping centres/arcades, as did everyone who smoked, my understanding is this was banned by law (not policy) due to concerns over secondary smoke in an enclosed space, and for no other reason.
As vaping doesnt produce smoke at all, or anything thats toxic, why should it now be banned in these places, because others may decide that it's ok to smoke. Why am I being penalised (potentially) because of the assumption of ignorance by others, as a matter of policy (i.e. job public is too thick to see the difference between a GGTS (or a kettle) and a fag, because they both produce something that looks vaguely like smoke, whats next, no uncovered cups of hot coffee in case people might think the steam is smoke?)
31/01/13 04:15 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Wonko's post:
Blind Blogger (09/09/13), lil_Tuéy (07/04/14)

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)