Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MTL Tank Recommendation
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 274
Sex: Male
RE: MTL Tank Recommendation
(15/12/16 10:15 PM)Barnweld Wrote:  
(15/12/16 06:35 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(15/12/16 04:53 PM)lawrs1 Wrote:  Thanks again MDC, any chance you could link me to the coils for the Tron-S of which you speak.
No problem

Coils:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...ead-5-pack

Tanks:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...learomizer

I'm not tight but I'm still using the first CLR coil going on 6 weeks. Still have to adjust the top cap and 510 Base every now then but hey I'm impressed.
I think as it's Christmas I'll make the effort to at least re-wick it. Wink
I'll order some more from FT in the new year.
They do last a whileSmiling. As I've rebuilt & rewicked coils for a while, I'm fussy. Doesn't cost anything, so I don't wait until they crap up, I rewick as soon as I think they've gone off even the tiniest bit. Hence about 2 weeks between rewicks for the pub tank, and similar for the home tanks.

I bought a double pack of Puff cotton pads for about a fiver plus post, reckon they will last me for a fair few years, even with rewicking mate's tanks as well as my own. The pints I've already been bought for rewicking CLR and mini protank coils have paid for the pads many times over, and I've hardly touched themSmiling I'm happy, and so are theySmiling
16/12/16 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
Barnweld (16/12/16)
Nayngnottz94 Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 292
Just to add to this for the chap that asked, the new hurricane v2 looks to be good for MTL
16/12/16 12:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
mellow yellow Offline

Likes Given: 12
Sex:
Hey guys sorry to jump in on this thread, I'm using the ego aio at the moment but looking at an improvement. The tron-s seems highly recommended so I will opt for that with the coils linked above, but what tank would you recommend? I vape both mtl and DtL so a device that can cope with both would be great. I prefer flavour over clouds and am also tight so budget is key :-)
18/12/16 08:46 PM
MDC Offline

(18/12/16 08:46 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  Hey guys sorry to jump in on this thread, I'm using the ego aio at the moment but looking at an improvement. The tron-s seems highly recommended so I will opt for that with the coils linked above, but what tank would you recommend? I vape both mtl and DtL so a device that can cope with both would be great. I prefer flavour over clouds and am also tight so budget is key :-)

Scratch Head The Tron-S is the tank? With 1 ohm CLR coils it's an easy MTL draw. It's possible the lower resistance CLRs are DL, but I don't know. The stock vertical coils that come with it are DL.

If you're after a mod to go with it, my personal favourite is the Wismec Presa 75w.

Looks like both are being discontinued, which is a bloody tragedy, particularly the Tron! There are other good mods around like the Pico, but no tanks that suit me as well as the Tron does, for flavour and reliability.
19/12/16 08:41 AM
mellow yellow Offline

Likes Given: 12
Sex:
(19/12/16 08:41 AM)MDC Wrote:  
(18/12/16 08:46 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  Hey guys sorry to jump in on this thread, I'm using the ego aio at the moment but looking at an improvement. The tron-s seems highly recommended so I will opt for that with the coils linked above, but what tank would you recommend? I vape both mtl and DtL so a device that can cope with both would be great. I prefer flavour over clouds and am also tight so budget is key :-)

Scratch Head The Tron-S is the tank? With 1 ohm CLR coils it's an easy MTL draw. It's possible the lower resistance CLRs are DL, but I don't know. The stock vertical coils that come with it are DL.

If you're after a mod to go with it, my personal favourite is the Wismec Presa 75w.

Looks like both are being discontinued, which is a bloody tragedy, particularly the Tron! There are other good mods around like the Pico, but no tanks that suit me as well as the Tron does, for flavour and reliability.

Sorry yes, i typed tank but meant which mod to go with it lol. thanks i'll check out
19/12/16 04:40 PM
MDC Offline

(19/12/16 04:40 PM)mellow yellow Wrote:  
(19/12/16 08:41 AM)MDC Wrote:  

Sorry yes, i typed tank but meant which mod to go with it lol. thanks i'll check out

It looks as though the Tron-S and 1 ohm CLR coils are available from Fasttech, but they no longer do the Presa 75w, which is available from Gearbest. Fasttech do sell the Pico, my second choice.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...pv-box-mod
Both mods need a high discharge battery like the Samsung INR 18650-25R.
19/12/16 06:25 PM
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 28
The choice for a good MTL tank is soo limited.
If one is on a budget, it is the Nautilus mini or the Nautilus 2, now available.
Or, if you have some more availability, the Kabuki is a much better choice. It uses the same coil of the Nautilus, but the different design of the air chamber and the vape chamber, makes the vape quality noticeably superior. In addition, it is machined and not stamped/pressed, and is built out of the best steel and quartz materials.
I only buy from UK sellers and can't advice about tanks sold directly from China.
(This post was last modified: 12/03/17 06:54 PM by Ray_of_Light.)
12/03/17 06:52 PM
fridgemagnett Offline

Likes Given: 1,322
That Wismec Presa is an underestimated bit of kit, pity it's discontinued.
13/03/17 03:23 AM
bluehippy Offline

Likes Given: 129
Most mods will do what they advertise (unless you're after stupid high wattage), so the only real choice is form factor. Atomiser choice is harder because flavour/vapour delivery does vary from device to device. Juice is the variable that causes me the most trouble, especially when pairing it with an atomiser, because sometimes juice works better for you when it's flavour is somewhat muted, this I find is particularly true when it comes to tobacco flavours and other types of juices can become quite sickly after a time if it's got an 'in your face' taste. The journey to find the perfect combination for the individual can be long and costly.
13/03/17 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)