Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Majority of vapers have quit tobacco – survey (Guardian)
A1 Vaper Offline

Likes Given: 754
Sex: Undisclosed
Majority of vapers have quit tobacco – survey (Guardian)
'More than half of the estimated 2.9 million people in the UK who use e-cigarettes have given up smoking tobacco, a survey suggests.

In 2015, Public Health England concluded vaping was about 95% less harmful than smoking.

[b]But many people overestimate the relative health risks of vaping, which may have contributed to a slowdown in the numbers turning to e-cigarettes. Nine million people in the UK still smoke tobacco'.[b]

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017...cco-survey

So media scare stories may be partly to blame for keeping people on a path that is 95% more harmful to them. Doubtless they will now wish to make amends and highlight the positive case for vaping.......(if only)
(This post was last modified: 08/05/17 07:33 AM by A1 Vaper.)
08/05/17 07:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like A1 Vaper's post:
1shot1kill (08/05/17), AlpineNewt (09/05/17)
Sludge Van Diesel Offline

Likes Given: 52
Sex:
RE: Majority of vapers have quit tobacco – survey (Guardian)
1.5million out of 2.9million isn't a massive majority, but it is a majority none the less.

TBH, I'm surprised it's not higher.

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish (Although my preferred option is to vape & drink wine with the wise)
08/05/17 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
nisam Online

Likes Given: 2,911
Sex:
(08/05/17 10:18 AM)Sludge Van Diesel Wrote:  1.5million out of 2.9million isn't a massive majority, but it is a majority none the less.

Compare those figures to the success rate of any other nrt product and they're quite incredible.
08/05/17 10:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like nisam's post:
AlpineNewt (09/05/17), Vaper Meldrew (08/05/17)
Sludge Van Diesel Offline

Likes Given: 52
Sex:
(08/05/17 10:29 AM)nisam Wrote:  
(08/05/17 10:18 AM)Sludge Van Diesel Wrote:  1.5million out of 2.9million isn't a massive majority, but it is a majority none the less.

Compare those figures to the success rate of any other nrt product and they're quite incredible.

Indeed & it's good to see vaping shown in a positive light.

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish (Although my preferred option is to vape & drink wine with the wise)
08/05/17 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)