Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Manchester Central Vape Meet *** Cancelled for the foreseeable ***
Lordeffingham Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 22
Sex: Male

RE: Greater Manchester Central Vape Meet
(24/02/14 11:09 PM)tppp Wrote:  Try to get to all of them but young family and business gets in the way sometimes Sad

My only question would be does it need to be central? there are some great vape friendly pubs slightly out of the city centre, the Metropolitan in West Didsbury for example. Free parking, next to a Tram stop. Fantastic outside terrace because you never know, we might get a little sun this summer and it'd be nice to not be in a dimly lit room Wink

Commend the suggestion though.

It's really awkward as parking and access in the City often isn't the easiest for those travelling by car, but unfortunately the spread of the group and directions we all converge from is a bit of a bitch, we have regulars from Blackpool, Preston, Burnley and Leigh as well as all around the periphery of Manchester itself, plus Vaping Vampire actually walks from his workplace in the City Centre, so I know it's a shame, but Didsbury as an example might suit about 1 in 5, as I'm sure Bolton might suit another few etc, so it's either loads of smaller mini meets, or everyone makes the extra effort?
Someone suggested 'The Marble Arch' which is just out of the City to the North on Rochdale Rd, but am thinking of doing some legwork over the next day or two, and am sure we'll eventually find somewhere convenient and friendly that suits almost everyone.
thanks for your ideas though it's a matter that's certainly up for discussion.

If Typhoo put the 'T' in Britain, who put the 'c***' in Scunthorpe?
24/02/14 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Stuartthered Offline

Likes Given: 244
Greater Manchester Central Vape Meet
Didsbury okay for me but as you say not every venue suits all. But if the Metropolitan has a tram stop think it should be considered. Hope we find somewhere really been enjoying meeting you all, and it would be a shame for it fall apart.

24/02/14 11:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
KEMPP Offline

Likes Given: 26
Sex: Undisclosed
Castlefield here. If it's central I might drop by Smiling
25/02/14 12:32 AM
tppp Offline
Vapes all the Juices
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,194
Didsbury would be a complete arse for anyone to get to apart from people already in Didsbury, but the Met' is in West Didsbury, totally different place Wink

2mins from the m60 and m56, Metro stop that's 15/20 minute ride from town, great bar range and it looks like this: http://www.the-metropolitan.co.uk/gallery/

Does the meet need to be in one place? Different venue each month would be a nice change and if we do get some sun it'd be a shame to be in the city centre because, well, city centre pubs tend to be small cramped affairs outside of Castlefield.

I'm up for anywhere, but as a driver I'd prefer to avoid city centre where possible, or just ensure it's near some free or at least cheap parking.

Owner / Curator at spiritusvapes.com
(This post was last modified: 25/02/14 12:52 AM by tppp.)
25/02/14 12:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Andy-K Offline

Likes Given: 717
They serve burgers & cakes! I'm in!
25/02/14 12:41 AM
Lordeffingham Offline
Vendors

I know it is genuinely impossible for any venue to suit everyone, but I think those of us fortunate enough to have cars at our disposal, should maybe give greater consideration to those who have a lot more difficulty in getting about. I have made some pretty extreme detours in order to try and assist others and really don't mind if it enables someone to attend.
I used to drive Black Cabs in Manchester so know the place pretty well, and though around the Greater Manchester area there are plenty of ideally suited pubs with nearby Motorway access and easy cheap parking, they would all cause a big inconvenience to those from the opposite side of the wheel and make it hard or impossible for those reliant on Public transport.
If the Lass turns out to be a none starter one suggestion was 'The Marble Arch' http://www.marblebeers.com/marble-arch/.
certainly for an initial starting point seems ok to me, very close to the City (walking distance for Lee), looks like it's pretty good for parking, and really great ale. better lit maybe than some we've been in and as far as I've been told it's very vape friendly.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.488065...izj5BQ!2e0

25/02/14 10:48 AM
Paulmack1976 Offline

Likes Given: 253
Chorlton here so would love to come to these but like mentioned young family commitments would probably stop me attending every month.

25/02/14 10:57 AM
Lordeffingham Offline
Vendors

(25/02/14 10:57 AM)Paulmack1976 Wrote:  Chorlton here so would love to come to these but like mentioned young family commitments would probably stop me attending every month.

Hi Paul, you're welcome to turn up as often or not as you want, some guys just come for a couple of hours and some stay a lot longer, but they're always a good day mate, try and get down whenever you can Smiling

25/02/14 11:00 AM
Lordeffingham Offline
Vendors

Quick update for Sunday 9th March, have spoken to John Rowlinson, the new landlord of the Lass, he informs me it's still a building site at the moment, but that they hope to have it back up and running in a couple of weeks and that we would be welcome to return and use their facilities when it is.
I propose that we can sort that out later for forthcoming use maybe, but for now that we maybe give the Marble Arch a try for the March meeting, and that if anyone needs any assistance in getting there, they let me know on here, obviously the fact I have a bit of an idea where many travel from we may be able to sort out some lifts or car sharing ideas.
I think most people are happy with it remaining as a 2pm start, so having spoken with the manager at the Marble Arch and knowing they allow vaping in there, I suggest we set the next meet for 2pm on Sunday 9th March at the Marble Arch, 73 Rochdale Road, Manchester, M4 4HY.
Any problems feel free to update your views on here or PM me if you'd rather, cheers, Gary.

25/02/14 04:08 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Lordeffingham's post:
Stuartthered (25/02/14), wobblybob (26/02/14)
voodoobloo Offline
Having a squonk

Likes Given: 1,851
RE: Greater Manchester Central Vape Meet, 2pm Sunday 9th March, Marble Arch Pub, M4 4HY.
(25/02/14 04:08 PM)Lordeffingham Wrote:  Quick update for Sunday 9th March, have spoken to John Rowlinson, the new landlord of the Lass, he informs me it's still a building site at the moment, but that they hope to have it back up and running in a couple of weeks and that we would be welcome to return and use their facilities when it is.
I propose that we can sort that out later for forthcoming use maybe, but for now that we maybe give the Marble Arch a try for the March meeting, and that if anyone needs any assistance in getting there, they let me know on here, obviously the fact I have a bit of an idea where many travel from we may be able to sort out some lifts or car sharing ideas.
I think most people are happy with it remaining as a 2pm start, so having spoken with the manager at the Marble Arch and knowing they allow vaping in there, I suggest we set the next meet for 2pm on Sunday 9th March at the Marble Arch, 73 Rochdale Road, Manchester, M4 4HY.
Any problems feel free to update your views on here or PM me if you'd rather, cheers, Gary.

I'll get there for 2 but won't be hanging around as city ko at 4 vrs Wigan in the cup

25/02/14 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)