Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mesh coil - Do I switch, or not?
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 47
Sex: Male
Mesh coil - Do I switch, or not?
It is few months now, that mesh coils for subohm tanks are on the market; my current go-to cloud tanks are the Smok TFV 8 /12 and various incarnations of the e-Leaf Ello tanks, and both lines of tanks have a set of mesh coils released for them. Please note, the coils are interchangeable among the brands.

In a mesh coil, the contact area between coil and wick is increased, therefore the thermal load is lower, and conseguently - at any given power level - the operating temperature of a mesh coil is lower; whereas with a wound coil I see a temperature of 220 C, the mesh produce the same clouds at 170 - 180 C.

As positive consequence, the mesh coil lasts much longer.

The effect of lower temperature on flavours is a mixed bag. Some flavours are more real, some others are more muffled, some others just disappear.

I am firmly convinced that e-liquids should be specifically designed for use on mesh coils. But the vape world works the opposite way, as it shuns precision and thrive on confusion - so, that ain't happening.

Who switched to mesh coils? Do you suggest a switch.

I still have a number of boxes of ceramic coils, bought on the hype more than two years ago, which proved to be the game-changer-that-never-was, the cold fusion of vape world. I have a feeling that mesh coils just are the latest release of the franchise.

What we desperately need, is honestly priced e-liquids.
17/06/18 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
vapingpenguin Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
RE: Mesh coil - Do I switch, or not?
I recently bought a Fireluke Mesh, and I am liking the flavour from it a lot.

My usual sub-ohm tank is the Valyrian, which is fine for flavour, but the Fireluke Mesh beats it comfortably, and at a lower wattage.

I would suggest to get a pack of mesh coils, and try it out... What's the worst that could happen? Wink
22/06/18 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ray_of_Light Offline

Thanks.
Now that I decided to give a try, all the sites which I currently buy subohm coils from, are out of stock of the Smok mesh coil. I will get them eventually by totally wicked downtown if things stay so.
(This post was last modified: 26/06/18 01:27 AM by Ray_of_Light.)
26/06/18 01:25 AM
stevelauder Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 697
Sex: Undisclosed
Have you thought about getting a mesh RDA? It's a good way of finding out what flavours pop and what flavours flop... you can then figure out if mesh coils are for you.

I enjoy mesh, but only with specific flavours. Fruits are terrific, custards/desserts not so much. Haven't really tried with tobaccos yet, but bright flavours are the ones that excel - anything with deeper notes seem to get lost.
26/06/18 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,908
(26/06/18 01:25 AM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  .. are out of stock of the Smok mesh coil.

Is it for the TFV8 Baby tank?

If so, then the GeekVape Mesh X1 Coil for Shield / Aero Tank is compatible, and probably better than the Smok variant.

26/06/18 06:47 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Toby | iVapour's post:
Izan (26/06/18), onikami (03/07/18)
DripDropVapour Offline
Sam & Craig
Vendors

Likes Given: 478
Sex: Female
The Smok Mesh coils are surprisingly good. Got very nearly 2 week on them. Avoid the Smok strip coils though as mine set fire which had a full tank of liquid in for 2 days.
I had it set to 60w too which is way below the recommended wattage for them.

27/06/18 06:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ray_of_Light Offline

Still testing.
Yes, I now am using Smok Baby / Big Baby TFV8 / TVF12 and the ELEAF Ello Series / Vaporesso NRG - they use interchangeable coils.
Not versed in building, can easily do it, have many RTAs, but is just not my style.
I appreciate all the reply, thanks...
29/06/18 08:09 PM
onikami Offline
I puwd I saw a puwddy cat

Likes Given: 908
Sex: Other
I've ordered some geekvape mesh to try. Probably going to be crap like all mesh I've tried.

Would be interested in trying the dual mesh from freemax but I hate their tanks. Ugly and bulky. Hate bulky tanks

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated İmage
03/07/18 10:36 PM
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,908
(03/07/18 10:36 PM)onikami Wrote:  I've ordered some geekvape mesh to try. Probably going to be crap like all mesh I've tried.

We continue to get more v. positive feedback on the Geekvape Mesh X1 coils, so hopefully you will like them...

04/07/18 01:32 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Toby | iVapour's post:
Barnweld (04/07/18), onikami (04/07/18)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)