Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mod for Arthritis hands?
Ttaskmaster Offline
Galaxy-Hopping Garbage Man

Likes Given: 13
Sex: Undisclosed
Mod for Arthritis hands?
Hi all,

I've been asked to help find a vape that will suit an older lady with arthritis, who wants to make the switch. She's sorted on a tank that she can refill easily enough, but I was wondering if you good folks could help with some Mod recommendations that meet requirements?

- It must be quite chunky, as the user has somewhat clawed hands. Smok Alien is too slim, for example.
- It must use 18650 cells, probably two.
- It would be nice if it's a simple beginner-style mod, without a hundred TCR modes and different settings that might accidentally get altered.
- It would be nice if it's a commonly stocked mod in UK B&M shops, so she can test her hands on it before buying.

I'm planning on showing her things like the Reuleaux style, but was wondering if there are any others you'd suggest looking at.

Cheers,
Tasky.
16/04/18 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ttaskmaster's post:
Pugs1970 (18/04/18)
Bwca Offline

Likes Given: 1,339
Sex: Male
RE: Mod for Arthritis hands?
I don't know the mod market very well any more, far too much stuff to keep up with to suggest a mod but if you have no luck maybe a kindly Modder could sort something out for her at a reasonable price or even free..eh Mod blokes? Smiling
16/04/18 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 345
(16/04/18 02:12 PM)Ttaskmaster Wrote:  Hi all,

I've been asked to help find a vape that will suit an older lady with arthritis, who wants to make the switch. She's sorted on a tank that she can refill easily enough, but I was wondering if you good folks could help with some Mod recommendations that meet requirements?

- It must be quite chunky, as the user has somewhat clawed hands. Smok Alien is too slim, for example.
- It must use 18650 cells, probably two.
- It would be nice if it's a simple beginner-style mod, without a hundred TCR modes and different settings that might accidentally get altered.
- It would be nice if it's a commonly stocked mod in UK B&M shops, so she can test her hands on it before buying.

I'm planning on showing her things like the Reuleaux style, but was wondering if there are any others you'd suggest looking at.

Cheers,
Tasky.

I have nothing really big and clunky. Maybe something along the lines of the Wismec Simuous (but bigger) where the fire button extends along one side of the mod? No button, just squeeze.

If she gets a big mod, it's likely to be high powered. If the tank isn't, then if you get a Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mod you can load on Arctic Fox Firmware and cap the output power to prevent nasty surprises.

Possibly a short chunky mod like the Eleaf Pico 21700. Though it uses a fire button, it's quite easy to press. A 4000mAh 21700 gives pretty good battery life.

All my mods do all the normal things like TC, preboost etc. I would think that getting a mod without these would limit your choice!

EDIT: With arctic fox you can disable multi-clicks which might offer a block to unwanted modes.
(This post was last modified: 16/04/18 02:54 PM by MDC.)
16/04/18 02:49 PM
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 3,505
Sex:
The eleaf ikonn isn't big, but is fired by squeezing one whole side. Being a cage mod it might also help prevent tanks getting broken.
16/04/18 03:01 PM
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 6,787
The iStick TC100 is 52mm wide (Alien is 44mm) it is squeeze to fire rather than a button but it would need someone to change the batteries.
16/04/18 03:41 PM
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,740
Another option to chuck into the mix,crap name though!
http://m.smoant.com/ranker-218w-upgradea...index.html

16/04/18 04:45 PM
decoy Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:
just gone throw same with my mum
only problem is she wants her ecigs small
got her a coral dna 60 thing for her bday and she loves it
the fire button dont take much effort to use and sticks out a little and that helps with the atrituss
because its a dna you can set up profiles on it for diff things orrrr make it mum proof by making them all the same lol (this has helped me no end )
to lock it you hold the 2 buttons down and then it just fires at what ever its left on
if you want a bigger mod why not look at the hotcig rx75 dna it takes them 26000 batts so its a good handful without being huge(can use 18650 in it with tube)or overly heavy
me mum is/was a egrip fan and had all 3 ver of them but none are good for her hands anymore
16/04/18 09:27 PM
Ttaskmaster Offline

Some interesting suggestions. Much obliged, especially for the Arctic Fox firmware suggestion.

Nah, Pico is waaaaaaaaay too small. She liked the hand-fit of my G-Priv, but the touchscreen was too easily tripped.

She's likely limited to the usual Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf type stuff you'd find in a shop, as she'll want to physically hold the thing before she buys it. I'll see what her local ones have, but it'll probably be something along the lines of an iStick Tria or RX Gen3.
17/04/18 09:56 AM
greendog Offline

Likes Given: 29
Sex:
(17/04/18 09:56 AM)Ttaskmaster Wrote:  Some interesting suggestions. Much obliged, especially for the Arctic Fox firmware suggestion.

Nah, Pico is waaaaaaaaay too small. She liked the hand-fit of my G-Priv, but the touchscreen was too easily tripped.

She's likely limited to the usual Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf type stuff you'd find in a shop, as she'll want to physically hold the thing before she buys it. I'll see what her local ones have, but it'll probably be something along the lines of an iStick Tria or RX Gen3.

What about a smok alien. not the most popular mod but should be able to get 1 cheap enough. sqeeze the mod and it fires, no fiddly buttons once set up.

winner winner chicken dinner

lost or stolen dog ?

http://www.dogtag.org.uk
18/04/18 06:10 AM
Ttaskmaster Offline

(18/04/18 06:10 AM)greendog Wrote:  What about a smok alien.
winner winner chicken dinner

From the OP:
"- It must be quite chunky, as the user has somewhat clawed hands. Smok Alien is too slim, for example. "

Sorry, no KFC for you tonight...
18/04/18 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)