Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Mech Squonker Duo Build
ukdtweak Offline
Box Mod Addict

Likes Given: 87
Sex: Male
My Mech Squonker Duo Build
So having designed and printed a single 18650 Mech Squonker, i decided to make a dual 18650 version, Parallel, to add safety and a greater battery life.

For the Copper contacts, i bought a 15mm/3m Copper pipe, cut off a 200mm length, hammered it flat and then ground away the edges to leave me two strips. I then set about smoothing and sanding a strip till the rough edges were gone and i have the width to fit into my 3D printed box. I then used a punch to make suitable indents from the back of each strip, for better battery contacts.

The 510 is the MM510, spring loaded, from Modmaker and the soft bottle is also from Modmaker.

Here is the box with no atty or batteries.

Here is the insides with batteries installed. If you look close at the bottom of the 510 in the second picture, you can see i also designed and printed a lock, you simply swivel it left or right to unblock or block the positive contact from hitting the 510 positive to allow or prevent the mod firing.
İmageİmage

(This post was last modified: 11/10/17 08:18 AM by ukdtweak.)
11/10/17 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
slidey_adz Offline
Professional Idiot

Likes Given: 1,199
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: My Mech Squonker Duo Build
Awesome! This is deffo something I'd go for! Could maybe work on ergonomics for my liking but the concept is great Smiling

RTA/RDA/DIY = F#CK THE TPD!!
11/10/17 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ukdtweak Offline
Box Mod Addict

Cheers Slidey_adz. All the edges and corners are rounded, its rather similar in size the the Esquare DNA40 which was 75mm*62mm*25mm, this Mech is 73mm*62mm*24mm, so its rather small and fairly comfy to hold, helped by the lack of weight being printed in PLA... to add any ergonomics would increase its size and i was going for Smallest possible.

11/10/17 11:05 AM
slidey_adz Offline
Professional Idiot

Likes Given: 1,199
Sex: Undisclosed
The only thing I would try is maybe turn the batteries 90° to make a triangle with the bottle, almost rx shaped, to bring it together in a more compact package, obviously it makes it wider at one end but will also make it more rounded in hand. But that's Just what I personally want lol, it's your design n mod after all Big Grin

RTA/RDA/DIY = F#CK THE TPD!!
11/10/17 12:16 PM
ukdtweak Offline
Box Mod Addict

I have actually been working on that very shape, as i already have a 3D model that shape for the DNA boards, but its getting the copper work in place as well as access to the bottle, a single 18650 version is not so bad, but dual 18650 is a bit of a pita...

11/10/17 01:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ukdtweak's post:
slidey_adz (11/10/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)