Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My first box mod woohoo
fluffychick75 Offline

Likes Given: 106
Sex: Female

RE: My first box mod woohoo
I really need to reign in my Shiny Shiny syndrome hahaha - Im where a lot of you were probably 5 years ago - just getting into all the exciting shiny things and OMG its addictive!!

If only humans had hearts as big as dogs do Heart
10/08/17 05:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 267
Sex: Male
(10/08/17 05:59 PM)fluffychick75 Wrote:  I really need to reign in my Shiny Shiny syndrome hahaha - Im where a lot of you were probably 5 years ago - just getting into all the exciting shiny things and OMG its addictive!!

Careful you don't wind up like me! Smiling Big 4 drawer storage unit under the worktop, 18 mini drawer unit on the worktop, 2 cupboard shelves, 1 cupboard drawer, 2 multicompartment portable storage boxes, egg shelf in fridge, and a mini freezer. Plus a metal biscuit tin for the mods currently in use. HeHe!
10/08/17 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
fluffychick75 (10/08/17)
fluffychick75 Offline

Hahaha i already have a "vape drawer" however I now have one in the office and one in the kitchen - I can see it taking over my whole house soon!!xx

10/08/17 06:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes fluffychick75's post:
MDC (10/08/17)
MDC Offline

(10/08/17 06:27 PM)fluffychick75 Wrote:  Hahaha i already have a "vape drawer" however I now have one in the office and one in the kitchen - I can see it taking over my whole house soon!!xx

Slight change of topic - you said the NV coil didn't work well - what VG/PG mix is your juice? While my experience of NV was a few years ago, I've built well over a hundred NV style coils since, for me and mates, and they work fine with 50/50 juice, never fail to reach 15w without burning, often run at 20w. I wick them slightly differently though.

I generally use single coil tanks, but I've run them in dual coil tanks, both with a spacer and dual coil shells.
10/08/17 06:41 PM
fluffychick75 (10/08/17)
fluffychick75 Offline

Its a 50/50 liquid I use 12mg nicotine - I also have some high VG but struggle with that a bit so didnt try it on NV coil.
I put a drop on the cotton and then put the coil in tank and left it for 10 mins, but it was popping, gurgling, hissing, spitting - like an angry vaping cat!
I put my normal coil in and the airflow seemed wierd - so washed tank out and think one of air holes was blocked - I used a spare tank and seemed much airier - so that might have made the coil not perform well - anyway i squashed all the coil up - so will at some point pop another coil in and got some cotton so will try it again in another tank - see if thats why it was wierd?

Im struggling a bit now too - to be honest - my Pico Mega - you cant adjust voltage so I adjust the watts - using standard kanger dual coils got 1.5 and 1.8 - sometimes is lovely and other times I just cant get it right - I dont know - I just cant put my finger on whats different - Im using same tanks, coils and liquid as before - the only difference is using a mod not an Ego style battery.
Im getting some lovely vaping at some points then at other times feels like its too cold, tastes of too much menthol or makes me cough - just really not finding a consistent sweet spot.
Got a Genitank and aerotank cloney thing on the way as the Mini Protank needs filling too often - and these all use the coils I already got so will try them - I think its just I got to find that sweet spot havent i xx

(This post was last modified: 10/08/17 06:52 PM by fluffychick75.)
10/08/17 06:48 PM
MDC Offline

(10/08/17 06:48 PM)fluffychick75 Wrote:  Its a 50/50 liquid I use 12mg nicotine - I also have some high VG but struggle with that a bit so didnt try it on NV coil.
I put a drop on the cotton and then put the coil in tank and left it for 10 mins, but it was popping, gurgling, hissing, spitting - like an angry vaping cat!
I put my normal coil in and the airflow seemed wierd - so washed tank out and think one of air holes was blocked - I used a spare tank and seemed much airier - so that might have made the coil not perform well - anyway i squashed all the coil up - so will at some point pop another coil in and got some cotton so will try it again in another tank - see if thats why it was wierd?

Im struggling a bit now too - to be honest - my Pico Mega - you cant adjust voltage so I adjust the watts - using standard kanger dual coils got 1.5 and 1.8 - sometimes is lovely and other times I just cant get it right - I dont know - I just cant put my finger on whats different - Im using same tanks, coils and liquid as before - the only difference is using a mod not an Ego style battery.
Im getting some lovely vaping at some points then at other times feels like its too cold, tastes of too much menthol or makes me cough - just really not finding a consistent sweet spot.
Got a Genitank and aerotank cloney thing on the way as the Mini Protank needs filling too often - and these all use the coils I already got so will try them - I think its just I got to find that sweet spot havent i xx

Sometimes I struggle to see the problem, either I'm getting it just right, or I'm not fussySmiling

Mini Protanks with rebuilt cotton coils - 15w for a medium vape, 20w for a crackly warm one. Tron-S 20w is right for a pub vape, 25w for a bit of fizzle! Doggy styled, anywhere between 10w for a quiet stealth vape and 30w for a fizzer!
10/08/17 10:13 PM
fluffychick75 Offline

Hahaha Im having an all round off day today I think - feeling poorly and my liquid just tastes way too mentholy - generally find around 7.5W is ok for me - but down to 5 at the moment - I dont know whats wrong with me today - not enjoying it much.

11/08/17 12:44 AM
onikami Offline
I puwd I saw a puwddy cat

Likes Given: 724
Sex: Other
size wise, the set up looks soo out of proportion and odd
13/08/17 09:05 PM
fluffychick75 Offline

Haha I know the tank looks very tall - however not into Sub Ohm and direct to lung yet so a lot of the tanks are tall - got a Aerotank and Genitank on the way - have moved up to slightly bigger size as got sick of filling up the Mini Protank lol x

13/08/17 09:14 PM
MDC Offline

(13/08/17 09:14 PM)fluffychick75 Wrote:  Haha I know the tank looks very tall - however not into Sub Ohm and direct to lung yet so a lot of the tanks are tall - got a Aerotank and Genitank on the way - have moved up to slightly bigger size as got sick of filling up the Mini Protank lol x

The mini protank style devices were designed for stick batteries, so are long and skinny. I have shorter, broader, higher capacity MTL solutions, but the minis still work well, especially with rebuilt coils. Several of my mates still use mini protank styled devices which I supply and maintain coils for. Hard to find anything like them in shops nowadays!

As for the larger protank style tanks, I personally find the smaller ones work better, more flavour. I have a full sized protank and Genitank in my spares box, not doing much.
14/08/17 12:11 PM
fluffychick75 (14/08/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)