Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My siren 2 tank started leaking out the air holes
Smok44 Offline

Likes Given: 65
Sex: Male
My siren 2 tank started leaking out the air holes
Second day using it so i thought i would change the coil and wick.I put it back together added juice then juice started coming out the air holes at the bottom.I now dont know what to do with it because i cant clean out the air holes.

Im so gutted its the first rebuildable tank ive had
14/04/18 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Bwca Offline

Likes Given: 1,328
RE: My siren 2 tank started leaking out the air holes
Don't be gutted it sounds like you just need to make your wick a bit thicker. I don't have a Siren but leaking out the air holes is not fatal and is usually caused by too little wick. To get rid of most of the juice assemble the tank without anything in it and give it a good blow down the mouth piece. Someone with a Siren will be better able to help you but don't be put off, theres a bit of a learning curve with RTA's and getting the wick right.
14/04/18 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bwca's post:
Smok44 (14/04/18)
Smok44 Offline

(14/04/18 08:32 AM)Bwca Wrote:  Don't be gutted it sounds like you just need to make your wick a bit thicker. I don't have a Siren but leaking out the air holes is not fatal and is usually caused by too little wick. To get rid of most of the juice assemble the tank without anything in it and give it a good blow down the mouth piece. Someone with a Siren will be better able to help you but don't be put off, theres a bit of a learning curve with RTA's and getting the wick right.

Thanks mate

Ive gone back to using my aspire nautilus 2 that also leaks down near the holes holes but not as bad.After the tank is empty i have to take it all apart and clean down where the air holes are.But with the siren 2 you cant do that.
14/04/18 08:50 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smok44's post:
Bwca (14/04/18)
Bwca Offline

When you've cleaned and re-wicked the Siren posting a picture of it is the quickest way to spotting potential problems. Anyone who has been using one will be able to put you right in no time. I don't use tank attys much but those who do will sort you out. My advice is get a Dripper Big Grin
14/04/18 09:00 AM
Smok44 (14/04/18)
Smok44 Offline

(14/04/18 09:00 AM)Bwca Wrote:  When you've cleaned and re-wicked the Siren posting a picture of it is the quickest way to spotting potential problems. Anyone who has been using one will be able to put you right in no time. I don't use tank attys much but those who do will sort you out. My advice is get a Dripper Big Grin

Thanks

Ill get a dripper then Smiling
14/04/18 09:10 AM
Bwca (14/04/18)
Bwca Offline

Don't bin your tanks yet you'll get it going, but a cheap dripper is great for learning to coil and wick. They are more forgiving than a tank. You might want to look at squonkers too if tanks continue to annoy you. Early days yet so stick with the Siren and have a few more goes at it.
14/04/18 09:23 AM
Smok44 (14/04/18)
Smok44 Offline

I backtracked and what it was is i couldnt remove the top part it was like the seal was stuck so today i pushed it out from the inside.Then it left tiny bits of rubber around the glass i thought nothing of it and put it back together.Then i had the leak out the vent holes.

I cleaned it out now and changed that seal and cleaned the glass now it seems to be ok.Do i have to keep the air vents closed when filling the tank.
14/04/18 10:47 AM
Bwca (14/04/18)
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 327
(14/04/18 10:47 AM)Smok44 Wrote:  I backtracked and what it was is i couldnt remove the top part it was like the seal was stuck so today i pushed it out from the inside.Then it left tiny bits of rubber around the glass i thought nothing of it and put it back together.Then i had the leak out the vent holes.

I cleaned it out now and changed that seal and cleaned the glass now it seems to be ok.Do i have to keep the air vents closed when filling the tank.

It's advisable. When you push the top on, it can slightly increase air pressure in the tank, which can cause a slight seepage - in use, the tank pressure is slightly less than ambient. One of the disadvantages of this style of top filling tank. The other is that it introduces and extra seal. These are balanced by the convenience of top filling.
14/04/18 10:59 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like MDC's post:
Bwca (14/04/18), Smok44 (14/04/18)
Smok44 Offline

Ok mate it seems ok now i did panic about it thinking i made a mistake in buying this tank.
14/04/18 11:11 AM
lucifah Offline

Likes Given: 247
Sex: Undisclosed
(14/04/18 11:11 AM)Smok44 Wrote:  Ok mate it seems ok now i did panic about it thinking i made a mistake in buying this tank.

You didn't Smiling As somebody said, add more wick. If that results in muted flavour, add some ID to the coil as well. Once you nail it, it won't ever leak on you again (I say that from experience; it was my first RTA too)

As for getting the juice out of the airflow: Disassemble, turn upside down, open all air holes, wipe clean around them, then a couple of blows through them, sorted.

14/04/18 04:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes lucifah's post:
Smok44 (14/04/18)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)