Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,358
Sex: Male

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues
You won't even see it if you don't join the PRSI group Smiling
16/05/13 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
amitron Offline
Worthy of Laudation

Likes Given: 2,646
Hmmm do I dare, honestly all the stuff in the legal threats and campaigns section gets my hackles up as it is.

In the recent thatcher and bedroom tax threads I did type out replies that would have probably got me banned if I'd have pressed enter.

So probably best steer clear. Wink
16/05/13 10:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MaddyPaulus Offline
International Protester / dual fueller

Likes Given: 162
Aha... now I see the cunning plan... you have to read this thread in order to join and then you can see it and post there. Great idea, it doesn't affect those who aren't interested.

I hope post count+1 doesn't apply in there though Wink
16/05/13 10:43 PM
skelde Offline

Likes Given: 1,229
Sex: Undisclosed
I was under the impression that only under 18s debated such stuff anyway. As you get a bit longer in the tooth you soon realise that it's an exercise in futility; or as stated in Blackadder once, like a blunt pencil.... pointless.
17/05/13 02:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes skelde's post:
lil_Tuéy (06/06/14)
DrCrust Offline

Likes Given: 34
Sex:
I may pop in from time to time... My life mostly revolves around political arguments, this may be my last bastion of politics free hangout, so i'm not getting too involved... Unless i hear of any Tory, racist, bigoted... See what I mean... I'm staying out of it.

Weapons of Mass Vapour Production
Mods: Vamo v5 or Moon G3
Tank: Kayfun Lite or Rocket
Dripper: Omega
17/05/13 04:06 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like DrCrust's post:
amitron (17/05/13), Dragonmum (27/05/13), joolzred (08/07/13)
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
i aint going there ether but a bloody post i just put in the "news" section just got unknowingly to me moved there.. and being as i cant even see the f-cking forum i get called paranoid for thinking its been deleted.. or shall i say censored.. my mistake such a thing could never happen here now could it.. Smiling

so i am there even though i dont f-cking want to be.. he he he..

trog

(This post was last modified: 27/05/13 01:36 PM by trog100.)
27/05/13 01:32 PM
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

If you hadn't put a political post in the news section it wouldn't have been moved - we can't be expected to hand-hold everyone and it's your own fault if you didn't read this (pinned) announcement that clearly states:

Quote:For the avoidance of doubt, political issues that affect vaping should still go in the main forums but off topic political things (such as the recent thread about bedroom tax) should go in the new subforum, along with Religious discussions and anything else contentious.
(This post was last modified: 27/05/13 01:51 PM by Phil A.)
27/05/13 01:40 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Phil A's post:
kenny (27/05/13), prof beard (27/05/13)
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
its all getting very "political" phil.. the entire euro debate is "political".. aint that what the news section is all about bloody politics

but why not delete the thing.. i do not want to have anything to do with your new "political" forum if its too "political" to go in an open news section i had better not be saying it.. and yep in what is a very totalitarian way i know you claim the right to everything written on your forum.. to edit delete move or whatever..

would i be wrong in assuming anything said in the new still invisible to most sub forum would also be hidden from the google search engine.. this paranoia stuff you accuse me of is catching..

i dont read up in the "pinned" section and i rarely read in here.. and being as i cant even see the new forum i aint likely to read in there.. but i would kindly ask you not to put anything i write in there.. i know you can do this but just be aware you are doing it against my will..

and yep i also know i dont have to be here if i dont want to.. and yep i also know i signed up to a set rules that can be changed as and when the "team" chooses to.. and yep i know its all my fault.. Smiling

guilty

ps.. and yep i know kenny loves me..Smiling

(This post was last modified: 27/05/13 05:47 PM by trog100.)
27/05/13 05:44 PM
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

So why did you post it if you didn't want it to stay? Wouldn't it have been easier to just not post it in the first place if you didn't really want it on the forum?

No-one is stopping you from joining the PRSI group and reading the thread (and if you're not interested in politics, why did you post a political thread in the first place?)

We only delete posts that break the rules: Your post didn't (break the rules) but was in the wrong place so I moved it to the right place where it now resides (PRSI is hidden from Google as it's a members' only area). I won't move anything you post into there if you don't post anything that belongs in there, but if you post something that should be in PRSI on the main forum, it will be moved (just as anyone else's posts will be). Forum announcements are prominently posted and it's a good idea to read them as they're probably important...

As I've said above, it is every user's responsibility to make sure they are au fait with the rules of the forum and abide by them: We have a single set of rules that are clear and unambiguous, and those rules are applied across the board.

Anyone who feels they can't comply with them, or doesn't think they should apply to them, is free to leave...
(This post was last modified: 27/05/13 06:06 PM by Phil A.)
27/05/13 05:57 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Phil A's post:
Dragonmum (29/05/13), Grinder (27/05/13), kenny (28/05/13)
Amazing Vape Offline

Likes Given: 1,054
Great idea, Phil. The only reason why I'm not joining as of now is because I'm in Portugal and I assume (rightly or wrongly?) everything will be mostly about domestic UK affairs about which I'd have little to say naturally. But once again, congratulations, that seems to have been a great idea! Thumbsupsmileyanim

A site about the facts and history of vaping (but most probably never): http://www.amazingvape.weebly.com
28/05/13 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amazing Vape's post:
black wolf (08/04/15)

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)