Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New V2 Luxe Mod
Shaboo Offline

Likes Given: 56
Sex: Male
New V2 Luxe Mod
[size=medium[align=center][font=Tahoma] "This review is MY Opinion of the NEW Luxe Mod and only MY Opinion"

[color=#000000]This is more a comparison of the new Luxe Mod with the previous version that came under the LB title than a review but as I will add my opinion I suppose it is a review.

*NOTE* I have difficulty (Can't) adding pictures so Oscar has kindly agreed to add the ones I've taken once the post is complete. Thank's Oscar!

I have been using the V1 of this Mod since purchasing it at Vapefest earlier this year and it has never let me down, it Vapes great and feels solid and well built, I'm not going to go into any details regarding the Vapour production as, I'm sure those who build sub Ohm coils and use other wicking mediums would be able to get much more from the device. This is more an update on what's changed for V2.

I'm sure you're all aware of the split between the original partnership in the Versa and again, I'm not here to take sides, and in (Again) My opinion, sole rights to design can't be claimed by either side so as most adults do, you move on and have a go on your own.

So, WHAT'S CHANGED?

The new Mod now in production under the name of LUXE MODS, has changed quite considerably, both aesthetically and under the hood.
New finishes have been added to the line, including Sandblast and my favourite, Chocolate, the Choco, is Stainless Steel that has been specially heat treated to give it a lovely Dark Chocolate colour, as with any treatments of this nature, i expect it will scratch under severe impact or abrasion but under normal use is as good, if not better than anodising and a much nicer finish than Powder coating would give. Sandblast has been added to the Stainless Steel and Brass lines, giving a wealth of options for Specials.
The top 510 connection (The only one I have) still retains the adjustable centre pin and screw to remove battery rattle as before and the Button, is essentially the same but with the addition of the LM logo looks "Great", it still has that feel of quality and I expect, as with the V1, will never misfire.
Under the hood and to the Atomiser in general much has changed. Gone is the threaded screw down cap that caused problems with lining up the air hole, to be replaced with the more conventional double O-Ring seal with a push fit. The tops have been reduced in height to give a smaller chamber improving the vapour strength, (again, this will depend entirely on how you build your wicks etc) and a Dual Air-hole top cap has been added to the line up for those who like Cloud Blowing. The shielded cap has also been reduced in height and the milled windows have been enlarged to give a better view of what juice you have in the tank.
Dual coil set up has also been added to the new Attie with two SS negative screws two wick holes and one filler hole giving a wealth of options for wicking i.e. Single, Dual or U wick options are now available.
The tank is still borosilicate (Pyrex) that has been flame finished and is sealed with a single O-Ring top and bottom. All O-Rings are "Food Grade Silicone".
All in all, there have been some great improvements to the original Mod and the quality and craftsmanship is unchanged, the weight and feel of the device once again is excellent with every attention to detail observed.

And to top it all, "It's completely British Made" as far as I'm aware, all components that go into building the device are entirely sourced from UK companies Thumbs Up

These are the New Specifications:

Hybrid in 18350 mode:
Made from 316 grade Stainless Steel
Height 111mm
Battery Mod: 63mm

(18490 & 18650 to be added at a later date)

Atomiser:

* All NEW Atomisers will have "MADE IN BRITAIN" engraved on the bottom

Atty Deck:

All holes are tapped to 3mm giving a wick hole size of 2.7mm (giving: single, dual and U wick options)
On the Hybrid version, the Brass custom centre post is threaded and tapped for a 4mm bottom Brass adjuster screw to remove battery rattle and has Peek insulators and 2 Knurrel nuts for the Positive connection. The 510 connection centre post is the same, but without the adjuster screw.
The glass is Borosilicate (Pyrex) and is Flame Finished, 20mm diameter 25mm tall with a wall thickness of 1.8mm giving a tank capacity of 3ml.
All O-Rings are "Red Food Grade Silicone"

Caps:

Short cap is 26mm in height and 20mm diameter with a 1.2mm air hole (Dual Air Hole Caps will be available as extras)
Shielded cap has 4 milled windows and is 51mm in height, 22mm in diameter with a 1.3mm air hole.

The Switch: Is constructed of a long threaded housing with button, spring and a SS e-clip
Top 510 Connector: Has an adjustable centre pin for getting a flush connection with any atomiser and an adjustable Positive connection to eliminate battery rattle.

To Conclude:

The New LUXE MOD, in both Hybrid and standard 510 connections is a Great Mod, the build is second to none and the weight and feel of the device is Quality.
The improvements over V1 are not only noticeable but have made the device a lot more user friendly. New wicking options have given it all the functionality of any other Atty out there keeping builders happy for hours if not days.Clapping

Can't wait for V3 Wink

"Live in the spirit that takes away the occasion of all war!"

(This post was last modified: 20/10/13 07:42 PM by Shaboo.)
20/10/13 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like Shaboo's post:
joeyramone (20/10/13), superlotte1 (10/11/13), VapeBorg (28/10/13)
Oscar Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 941
New V2 Luxe Mod
Sorry for the delay in getting pics up bud. Out for birthday drinks in Town with the good lady

Looks the nuts buddy
20/10/13 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 4 users Like Oscar's post:
farscape (16/02/14), joeyramone (20/10/13), rangie (21/10/13), Shaboo (20/10/13)
Shaboo Offline

RE: New V2 Luxe Mod
(20/10/13 03:49 PM)Oscar Wrote:  Sorry for the delay in getting pics up bud. Out for birthday drinks in Town with the good lady

Looks the nuts buddy

Thanks Oscar! You're a STAR!

20/10/13 05:27 PM
alauda Offline

Likes Given: 54
Oscar, what finish is that? Mine is like a very refined satin.
20/10/13 09:03 PM
Shaboo Offline

(20/10/13 09:03 PM)alauda Wrote:  Oscar, what finish is that? Mine is like a very refined satin.

The Mod is actually mine Big Grin

It's a sandblasted Brass tube (18650) with a Sandblasted Atty, the 18350 tube is the Chocolate Heat Treated Finish, Satin is still available Thumbs Up

S.

21/10/13 07:31 AM
alauda Offline

Jealous, yes....stunning. I may need to do some overtime. These really are the finest....Just got a version 2 from Andy, satin etc. however mine is not engraved on the base...I might have a rarity ?? Has the push cap as opposed to the v1 screw.
21/10/13 07:44 AM
Shaboo Offline

(21/10/13 07:44 AM)alauda Wrote:  Jealous, yes....stunning. I may need to do some overtime. These really are the finest....Just got a version 2 from Andy, satin etc. however mine is not engraved on the base...I might have a rarity ?? Has the push cap as opposed to the v1 screw.

Hi Alauda!

The engraving is a new addition to the atty for the next production runs so you have one of the first V2's Thumbs Up

S.

21/10/13 09:30 AM
Southern Vaper Offline
Group buys have skint me

love the finishes

HeHe!
24/10/13 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)