Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
#NoVapingBans
jessica Offline

Likes Given: 1,616
Sex: Undisclosed
#NoVapingBans
Challenging prohibition

This is to let you know about a new campaign from the New Nicotine Alliance, which we launched today.

Our blog post, Challenging prohibition campaign launch, has more information.

There are a several more campaign pages too, please see the links below:

Challenging prohibition
What you can do
Vaping signs artwork
Wall of Shame
Guidance for vaping policies
Further reading

We hope that this will help to counter the creep of the bans. Please do get involved, if you can.

Administrator at the New Nicotine Alliance(UK) , Registered Charity Number 1160481
08/12/17 01:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 4 users Like jessica's post:
@rattspitt (08/12/17), Jazzy J (12/12/17), lucifah (08/12/17), Marianna (27/12/17)
nisam Online

Likes Given: 3,251
Sex:
RE: #NoVapingBans
Have to say that, whilst I'd be supportive of this, I find big clouds of strong smelling vapour to be pretty unpleasant. Overcoming misinformation will be only solve part of the problem and it may be the case that vapers are their own worst enemy when it comes to public perception.

My local pool hall are happy enough for me to vape, but I can now only do so when the place is quiet. In the past they were happy for people to vape, but they introduced a ban (which I support) as no one could see the tables and the place was fogged up much worse than when everyone smoked. If people behave like dickheads, it's quite reasonable to expect objections.
08/12/17 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like nisam's post:
lucifah (09/12/17), TomET (08/12/17)
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 3,964
Sex: Male
Problem in the UK is that venues don't have proper AC or ventilation systems because it's never all that hot or cold.

But unless the place is hot boxed with vapour, and it's not a restaurant, then the 'I don't like the smell' c***s can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. As a misanthrope, going to bars and clubs is excruciating with shit music, shouty people, bad drunks, inconsiderate dickheads blocking the route to the bogs, sweaty bastards in clammy satin shirts brushing passed you, tarts with their tits hanging out simultaneously demanding attention and looking down their noses, and more that come as unpleasant surprises. I would happily outlaw all of those things and punish them in inhuman ways but I realise that I can't, I don't get to decide what kind of world I live in, I just have to accept that it's shit in many many ways and I have to put up with it. Tolerating a whiff of strawberry custard without mock gagging is certainly not too much to ask of others.
(This post was last modified: 08/12/17 05:50 PM by Kenneth.)
08/12/17 05:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kenneth's post:
Marianna (27/12/17)
nisam Online

Likes Given: 3,251
Sex:
I don't disagree with the points you make, but there are circumstances under which vaping can be incredibly antisocial and this will always be contentious. Vapers can choose to vape in many ways, with some being less obtrusive than others. Considering the fact that as smokers they had to forego nicotine in enclosed public places, I don't see why they feel the need to draw so much attention to themselves. Perhaps it isn't that they seek attention, but merely have no consideration for others, which doesn't help anyone's cause.

I can see no reason to ban vaping in bars and clubs as they already stink and even custards would smell better.
08/12/17 06:59 PM
lucifah Offline

Likes Given: 138
As a previous smoker I'm kind of used to going outside. I don't think that's a problem for me personally, even though it would be nicer to do that inside especially at this time of the year. I get the "it's annoying" argument. So if certain venues would rather we vaped outside, so be it. More custom to those pubs and clubs that don't mind vaping inside!

What I absolutely don't get though is that vaping should be forbidden outside in some places, like hospitals which ban smokes and vapes not only from their buildings but their entire grounds. It's just laziness to tar smoking and vaping with the same brush.

09/12/17 02:55 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes lucifah's post:
nisam (09/12/17)
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

Likes Given: 1,467
(09/12/17 02:55 AM)lucifah Wrote:  As a previous smoker I'm kind of used to going outside. I don't think that's a problem for me personally, even though it would be nicer to do that inside especially at this time of the year. I get the "it's annoying" argument. So if certain venues would rather we vaped outside, so be it. More custom to those pubs and clubs that don't mind vaping inside!

What I absolutely don't get though is that vaping should be forbidden outside in some places, like hospitals which ban smokes and vapes not only from their buildings but their entire grounds. It's just laziness to tar smoking and vaping with the same brush.

And in my experience totally ineffective as far as patients and visitors are concerned. People just smoke and vape outside the main doors. These rules are unenforceable in practice as far as I can see. No law against it unless the Trust wants to call disturbing the peace legislation perhaps?

The staff on the other hand can be seen smoking 200 yards away on the nearest piece of public road.
09/12/17 08:02 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Richard46's post:
jessica (12/01/18), lucifah (09/12/17), nisam (09/12/17)
Marianna Offline

Likes Given: 23
Sex: Female
(09/12/17 08:02 AM)Richard46 Wrote:  People just smoke and vape outside the main doors.

Yeah, sure, also when it's freezing cold outside !
27/12/17 02:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marianna's post:
jessica (12/01/18)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)