Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.86 Average
Places to buy Wire/Wick/Mesh, and wire technical info
nettles Offline

Likes Given: 462
Sex: Female
RE: Places to buy Wire/Wick/Mesh, and wire technical info
Doolak here on UKV has recently posted about wick and wire - he has an ebay shop or you can pm him. He says he is hoping to sell mesh shortly too.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vaporbase-de/m...4340.l2562

12/08/12 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes nettles's post:
PapaLazarou (12/08/12)
PapaLazarou Offline

Likes Given: 673
Sex: Male

Thank you, will add to the post when I get a moment Smiling
12/08/12 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
PapaLazarou Offline

Updated and also added another German ebay seller ("zivipf") who has a large selection of wick, wire and mesh.
14/08/12 04:52 PM
Walskin Offline

Likes Given: 56
Does anyone know where to get the pre made coils for Penelope etc. ie resistance and non resistance already made?

17/08/12 03:34 PM
PapaLazarou Offline

(17/08/12 03:34 PM)Walskin Wrote:  Does anyone know where to get the pre made coils for Penelope etc. ie resistance and non resistance already made?

I think that is a GG specific product so http://goldengreek.co.uk/store/ seems the most likely place. Expect them to be out of stock most of the time. Unless anyone knows someone else making them?
17/08/12 11:46 PM
McAldo Offline

Likes Given: 420
Sex:
Re: Places to buy Wire/Wick/Mesh, and wire technical info
Yep, out of stock as well as the ceramic cups, in a site that is honestly an usability nightmare.
Click on the product and it gives 'product not found' rather than 'out of stock'.

Anyway, I know foggy used to make his own using sterling silver crimps 0,5 mm in size.
A simple lighter is enough to melt them in place, so no need for soldering.
But I haven't tried them yet myself, but I am tempted as Imeo reccomends making very short junction on the penelope, and I am having trouble making them solid enough at times.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
18/08/12 12:07 AM
Walskin Offline

(18/08/12 12:07 AM)McAldo Wrote:  Yep, out of stock as well as the ceramic cups, in a site that is honestly an usability nightmare.
Click on the product and it gives 'product not found' rather than 'out of stock'.

Anyway, I know foggy used to make his own using sterling silver crimps 0,5 mm in size.
But I haven't tried them yet myself, but I am tempted as Imeo reccomends making very short junction on the penelope, and I am having trouble making them solid enough at times.

I've been through the whole site and can't even find them as out of stock. Where is the best place to get silver wire?

18/08/12 06:27 AM
McAldo Offline

Sex:
(18/08/12 06:27 AM)Walskin Wrote:  
(18/08/12 12:07 AM)McAldo Wrote:  Yep, out of stock as well as the ceramic cups, in a site that is honestly an usability nightmare.

I've been through the whole site and can't even find them as out of stock. Where is the best place to get silver wire?

I think http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/E-CIG_IATTY_..._WIRE.html
That's where I got mine from
18/08/12 07:33 AM
Walskin Offline

(18/08/12 07:33 AM)McAldo Wrote:  
(18/08/12 06:27 AM)Walskin Wrote:  

I think http://wires.co.uk/acatalog/E-CIG_IATTY_..._WIRE.html
That's where I got mine from
Cheers just ordered some .20 low resistance silver wire hope that's right.

18/08/12 09:50 AM
McAldo Offline

Sex:
Some suggest 0.25, but I couldn't find it when ordering, so I am using 0.2 too.
It's ok, just, but very ductile and fragile, it won't take any kind of direct flame, as it melts right away.
So, if you torch your resistance wire prior to make the coil, do it before making the junctions.
18/08/12 11:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)