Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Probably the best MTL RTA- Cthulhu MTL RTA
Joshua1982 Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 0
Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Probably the best MTL RTA- Cthulhu MTL RTA

(06/12/16 03:13 PM)stevelauder Wrote:  Not sure if it's just me, but with MTL single coild atties I find that the smaller the chamber is, the better the flavour is. EG: Gus Phenomenon is obviously designed for coils of about 1 ohm. Chamber is tiny... and the flavour is stunning. Similar report with the v3 Spheroid.

Compare that with a Kayfun v5... the v5 works really nicely with a 0.5 ohm clapton at around 40 watts. Using a 1 ohm coil at 15 watts (similar to what I'd use in the phenomenon or spheroid) the flavour is nowhere near as 'on point'.

Looking at the chamber on that Cthulu - I''m sure it would work well with 3mm or 4mm airflow on a restricted lung hit, but I can't see the flavour being too good when being used as a true M2L tank.

(07/12/16 11:03 AM)domejunky Wrote:  I was given one of these. I love it. Fits perfectly on a iPV D2. Took me a week to dial in the coil size and
wicking, but getting a near Taifun vape from it now. Found I needed to invert it after filling, before I opened the juice flow, to prevent flooding.

Not the best MTL RTA, I reserve that spot for the 4ml Origen with mesh....

About flooding when refiling.
Please refill the tank to the very top without letting any Air beside the top filling cap And the juice. (refer the picture http://imgur.com/a/60X8X ). Wink

(This post was last modified: 10/12/16 04:57 AM by Joshua1982.)
09/12/16 01:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
domejunky Offline

Likes Given: 27
Sex:
(09/12/16 01:30 AM)Joshua1982 Wrote:  
(06/12/16 03:13 PM)stevelauder Wrote:  Not sure if it's just me, but with MTL single coild atties I find that the smaller the chamber is, the better the flavour is. EG: Gus Phenomenon is obviously designed for coils of about 1 ohm. Chamber is tiny... and the flavour is stunning. Similar report with the v3 Spheroid.

Compare that with a Kayfun v5... the v5 works really nicely with a 0.5 ohm clapton at around 40 watts. Using a 1 ohm coil at 15 watts (similar to what I'd use in the phenomenon or spheroid) the flavour is nowhere near as 'on point'.

Looking at the chamber on that Cthulu - I''m sure it would work well with 3mm or 4mm airflow on a restricted lung hit, but I can't see the flavour being too good when being used as a true M2L tank.

(07/12/16 11:03 AM)domejunky Wrote:  I was given one of these. I love it. Fits perfectly on a iPV D2. Took me a week to dial in the coil size and
wicking, but getting a near Taifun vape from it now. Found I needed to invert it after filling, before I opened the juice flow, to prevent flooding.

Please refill the tank to the very top without letting any Air beside the top filling cap And the juice. (refer the picture http://imgur.com/a/60X8X). Wink
Your post doesn't make sense, and your link doesn't work.

I've tried filling to various levels, doesn't effect leaking. Inverting does. Phil Busardo found the same thing in his review.

https://youtu.be/0SJ52jd15xc
09/12/16 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Joshua1982 Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

(09/12/16 09:42 AM)domejunky Wrote:  
(09/12/16 01:30 AM)Joshua1982 Wrote:  

Please refill the tank to the very top without letting any Air beside the top filling cap And the juice. (refer the picture http://imgur.com/a/60X8X). Wink
Your post doesn't make sense, and your link doesn't work.

I've tried filling to various levels, doesn't effect leaking. Inverting does. Phil Busardo found the same thing in his review.

https://youtu.be/0SJ52jd15xc
Sorry. the link: http://imgur.com/a/60X8X Thanks.
10/12/16 04:58 AM
domejunky Offline

Sex:
I've tried filling this high, it made the problem worse. Since the liquid can't compress it has no choice but squeezing through the juice holes. If you leave a slight air gap, then invert the atomiser, then the pressure is released by air squeezing through rather than liquid. Cthulhu should have put pressure release grooves in the top cap like the Kayfun 5
10/12/16 09:22 AM
Joshua1982 Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

(10/12/16 09:22 AM)domejunky Wrote:  I've tried filling this high, it made the problem worse. Since the liquid can't compress it has no choice but squeezing through the juice holes. If you leave a slight air gap, then invert the atomiser, then the pressure is released by air squeezing through rather than liquid. Cthulhu should have put pressure release grooves in the top cap like the Kayfun 5
Thumbs Up
Thanks. We will add grooves in next batch.
12/12/16 12:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joshua1982's post:
watsy (03/01/17)
domejunky Offline

Sex:
Great!

You should send an update to Phil Busardo, he was about to give it a glowing review - apart from the flooding during filling...
(This post was last modified: 12/12/16 12:17 PM by domejunky.)
12/12/16 12:16 PM
Raspawas Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
Same problem for me. I love this tank - the flavour is top notch. The only gripe I'm having is the leaking that I can't seem to sort out. Glad a V2 is upcoming, fixing that problem would be awesome.
18/01/17 05:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)