Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prof at Vapefest 2018
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,229
Sex: Male
Prof at Vapefest 2018
Well, I went to Shrewsbury yesterday.

First the good:

Weather lovely - sun and a breeze

People - saw quite a few people that either I knew or knew me - nice to see everyone

Vendors:

Saw Torchy and restocked with batteries - always good to see Torchy

Eden Mods - had the new Salix RDA - I liked it and, for the first time in over TWO YEARS I bought a new bit of vaping gear. Well pleased with it - expect the first "Prof Reviews" in ages shortly. I had to laugh because a good proportion of the people I chatted to had bought a Salix too!

The bad:

Trains were crap as ever

The event was MUCH smaller than last year - many fewer vendors, caterers and bars. I arrived at around 11.30 am and got the 15.30 train home.

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

(This post was last modified: 05/08/18 12:02 PM by prof beard.)
05/08/18 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like prof beard's post:
Barnweld (05/08/18), nisam (05/08/18), Pikeybarsteward (21/09/18)
Blaster Offline
U goto be kidding
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 21
RE: Prof at Vapefest 2018
I can remember the days when there was a great buzz on here coming up to vapefest but it don’t seem to be happening now days.
05/08/18 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Nidge Marchant Offline

Likes Given: 144
(05/08/18 05:02 PM)Blaster Wrote:  I can remember the days when there was a great buzz on here coming up to vapefest but it don’t seem to be happening now days.

Many people have said it's a high end mod show now. A few of us were going to attend last year but sacked it off due to the amount of expensive mod makers that were there.

It's not aimed at the normal run of the mill vaper anymore.

08/08/18 07:20 PM
nisam Online

Likes Given: 3,937
Sex: Undisclosed
(08/08/18 07:20 PM)Nidge Marchant Wrote:  Many people have said it's a high end mod show now. A few of us were going to attend last year but sacked it off due to the amount of expensive mod makers that were there.

It's not aimed at the normal run of the mill vaper anymore.

As someone who forms their opinion by actually going, I'd respectfully disagree.

Two years ago there were probably more 'high end' modders than previous or subsequent years, but these were still a small minority of vendors as can verified by looking at the list of stallholders on the official vapefest website.

The vast majority of vendors are liquid makers and resellers of general vaping gear.

I'd agree with Prof Beards assessment that this years event was smaller than the last couple. I thought there weren't many people around, but I didn't get there until the afternoon, when many people were at the raffle draw. I really only go there to catch up with friends, but did manage to buy some stuff from Torchy and Druid's Brew - neither of these sell high end mods.
08/08/18 07:35 PM
Blaster Offline
U goto be kidding
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 21
Bloody he’ll didn’t think you was still around nidge
09/08/18 03:43 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,229

(08/08/18 07:35 PM)nisam Wrote:  As someone who forms their opinion by actually going, I'd respectfully disagree.

Two years ago there were probably more 'high end' modders than previous or subsequent years, but these were still a small minority of vendors as can verified by looking at the list of stallholders on the official vapefest website.

The vast majority of vendors are liquid makers and resellers of general vaping gear.

I'd agree with Prof Beards assessment that this years event was smaller than the last couple. I thought there weren't many people around, but I didn't get there until the afternoon, when many people were at the raffle draw. I really only go there to catch up with friends, but did manage to buy some stuff from Torchy and Druid's Brew - neither of these sell high end mods.

That would be my assessment too

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

10/08/18 09:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)