Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebuildable MTL tanks?
anditweighsaton Offline

Likes Given: 1,569
Sex: Male
RE: Rebuildable MTL tanks?
(22/02/17 10:29 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  
(14/02/17 12:35 PM)anditweighsaton Wrote:  
(14/02/17 11:47 AM)onegobstopper Wrote:  
(14/02/17 11:18 AM)ainz Wrote:  
(14/02/17 11:11 AM)marlowejames Wrote:  I ordered from Gearbest on the 26/01 - arrived yesterday although the order was sent during Chinese New Year so fairly prompt IMO.

I did search for a UK supplier and also found Ainz's suggestion however I was perturbed by this thread https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forum...gy.119192/

so decided to potentially cut out the middleman and order direct from Gearbest. Just had a look at vapenology's site and the silver 22mm Siren is actually on pre-order not in stock. Interestingly, when I ordered GB only had the black in stock too. Coincidence??

Thinking back i did also have problems with this vender. it took 2 weeks to arrive and only after i'd sent them an email. They claimed that it was an issue with the courier company.

I got my Siren from SR VAPES Wink

SR are out of stock completely! Think I'm going to bite the bullet and order from cigabuy

Out of interest did you order from cigabuy? I wasn't aware of them before your post and as I liked the Siren so much I duly ordered two SS Sirens at $21 each together with a new Pico mod from them. I originally got the black version from Gearbest, but I prefer SS so your post mentioning cigabuy was helpful. Yesterday I received an unwelcome e-mail from them:

There is some inconvenience about this order

The item NECT-521531 you ordered is very popular and sold out at the moment, we are not sure when we can get it from supplier.

Would you like to change some other item instead or get refund for it directly ?

Seems getting holding of these is becoming extremely difficult . I wonder if they've got manufacturing/supply issues as the demand seems to be out there but the "we are not sure when we can get it from the supplier" is strangely worrying, but that could just be an excuse?

Finally found a tank that could replace my aging KFL+'s but getting hold of them via the Chinese sites certainly doesn't appear to be easy?

No, didn't end up ordering from cigabuy, or at all for that matter. Just noticed SR Vapes are back in stock. Hope they still have them on Monday (payday). Im sick of looking so £25.99 + Free delivery is attractive and will will be with me in a few days hopefully.

EDIT - Spoke to soon. Decided to go ahead and order it today. Clicked 'add to card' and promptly got an OSM saying out of stock. Damn.
Think I'm going to go with Nobacconists - £31.99 + Delivery but I don't need any other vape stuff this next month apart from some empty bottles so what the hell...
2nd EDIT - Nobacconists stock the GTA not the MTL version... AAAAAGH

Free your mind and your ass will follow.
(This post was last modified: 22/02/17 12:52 PM by anditweighsaton.)
22/02/17 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JJW Offline

Likes Given: 32
Sex:
(22/02/17 11:35 AM)anditweighsaton Wrote:  No, didn't end up ordering from cigabuy, or at all for that matter. Just noticed SR Vapes are back in stock. Hope they still have them on Monday (payday). Im sick of looking so £25.99 + Free delivery is attractive and will will be with me in a few days hopefully.

EDIT - Spoke to soon. Decided to go ahead and order it today. Clicked 'add to card' and promptly got an OSM saying out of stock. Damn.
Think I'm going to go with Nobacconists - £31.99 + Delivery but I don't need any other vape stuff this next month apart from some empty bottles so what the hell...
2nd EDIT - Nobacconists stock the GTA not the MTL version... AAAAAGH

GTA is " Genesis tank Atomiser" It's still a MTL tank.
22/02/17 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
anditweighsaton Offline

I know but I thought the GTA has much more airflow, not suitable for MTL

22/02/17 04:21 PM
JJW Offline

Likes Given: 32
Sex:
(22/02/17 04:21 PM)anditweighsaton Wrote:  I know but I thought the GTA has much more airflow, not suitable for MTL

It refers to the deck/wicking method. Wicks hang down into tank. Check out Vaping with Vics review, it is a MTL tank. I'm so sure I've ordered a black one from them myself today Idea
22/02/17 04:54 PM
daveinleics Offline

Likes Given: 77
I got mine from Vapenology a while back - they seem to still have stock.

As above, it is the GTA you want. A decent tank - I'm not generally keen on the Genesis type tanks with cotton but this one works well.

Personally I marginally prefer the Cthulhu MTL RTA, but I wouldn't say there was much in it and the Cthulhu is 24mm which may be a disadvantage.
22/02/17 05:09 PM
anditweighsaton Offline

I understand what a GTA is re deck/wicking etc, i've had a couple of similar tanks in the past. I just thought there were 2 versions, one DTL, one MTL. I only really want a SS one but might have to go for black...

EDIT - Fuck it, i've ordered one. Messaged Nobacconists and thy confirmed its MTL - Thanks for all the responses Thumbs Up

(This post was last modified: 22/02/17 06:31 PM by anditweighsaton.)
22/02/17 06:07 PM
marlowejames Offline

Likes Given: 2,171
(22/02/17 06:07 PM)anditweighsaton Wrote:  I understand what a GTA is re deck/wicking etc, i've had a couple of similar tanks in the past. I just thought there were 2 versions, one DTL, one MTL. I only really want a SS one but might have to go for black...

EDIT - Fuck it, i've ordered one. Messaged Nobacconists and thy confirmed its MTL - Thanks for all the responses Thumbs Up

You won't be disappointed. I'm a devout KFL+ user and whilst I have far more airier tanks that I do use, the Siren on the smallest airflow setting with the airflow reducer in place is just a tad more airier than the KFL+ which I use with its airflow screw taken out completely. Top fill, 4ml capacity and producing a great KFL esque flavour with a build deck that is just brilliant, so for me it ticks all the boxes.

My only criticism would be it has an overly long 510 connection which results in an unsightly gap on most mods I have. That's easily solved, so the positives far outweigh that negative which is why with luck I'll be replacing all my KFL's with these. An added benefit is that many of the tanks I've bought outside of my KFL's have been because at times I do want/like an airier vape but the fixed airflow of the KFL+ means you can only vape one way. The Siren is a MTL tank with the advantage that it can be far more airier if you so desire, meaning that those other tanks in theory also become obsolete. A brilliant all rounder for MTL vapers IMO.

22/02/17 06:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes marlowejames's post:
anditweighsaton (22/02/17)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)