Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recomendation for mech mod
Amnelka Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex: Male
Hi all,

I've recently moved back to my early days of vaping with mech mods and drippers (forgot how good this was...) and I'm looking for some help finding good devices.

Basically, when I used mechs previously 99.9% of gear was 22mm, nowadays it's 24mm standard and it looks odd on my mechs. I'm looking to buy 1 tube to match Skill RDA (stainless steel) and maybe one more with good dripper (can be a hybrid).

What I'm most tempted is SOI Subzero (the first one, not X) Shorty for Skill and maybe Underdog from Cloud Chasing Company with deck and top cap from them.

Could you share your opinions and suggestions about those and comparable devices?

Pricewise - tube up to 120-130 GBP, RDA up to 70. Perfect scenario if I could get 2 tubes and RDA within 200 quids, however I'm ready to add some extra money if it's worth it.

Thanks for checking and spending time answering my quesion!
17/07/17 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
timmmah Offline

Likes Given: 40
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Recomendation for mech mod
Shorty is a very good mech. Cerakote finish is the best I've had, my one has been in rotation since custom vapes first stocked them and not one blemish yet. Requires the least amount of maintenance compared to anything else I've got which makes it a great daily.

I much prefer hybrids or hybrid style so not sure I would buy a shorty and use the top cap... shorty / subzero hybrid setup for me.

I've not used a ccc underdog v2 but they seem to get good feedback, look like a bit of a bargain. If the cerakote ones ever become easy to get then I'd certainly be interested.

Personally my favourite mechs are still the Rogues. Simple but good design and great quality. TYV were selling their stock off so might be worth checking their site if you're interested.

After that there's lots of stuff I use regularly, purge / dragon 28 / AV etc. But Affordable mods like Endless are just as good as all those imo. Hard to recommend the flashy stuff now unless you really like the branding and engraved LE stuff.

So many good rda's to choose from. My most used are the apocalypse gen2 and Kennedy 2 post.
17/07/17 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes timmmah's post:
Amnelka (18/07/17)
Amnelka Offline

Thanks for your answer! I'm not hyped about branding, only i had poor experience with mage by coil art and low resistance builds. I'm happy to save few quids if I can get similar performance for less. If anyone would like to add something extra, please do so. Still few more days before i but stuff Smiling

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
18/07/17 03:28 PM
timmmah Offline

Likes Given: 40
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Recomendation for mech mod
Just noticed the SoI X authentics on fasttech. A SS hybrid setup works out at about £110... That's less than a soi shorty mod only at Uk prices.
19/07/17 09:44 AM
Amnelka Offline

(19/07/17 09:44 AM)timmmah Wrote:  Just noticed the SoI X authentics on fasttech. A SS hybrid setup works out at about £110... That's less than a soi shorty mod only at Uk prices.

I already have soil x, but will have a look there. Maybe will get second one ^^ cheers!
I looked on ft page and no soi devices were found. Could you pm me link to it?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 19/07/17 08:22 PM by Amnelka.)
19/07/17 05:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)