Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SMOK MAG Questions
datastreem Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
SMOK MAG Questions
hey guys,

Bought my self a "SMOK MAG" and well impressed with it, the vape is amazing, now I had an old Kangerteck and wow this SMOK blows the socks of it. (no pun intended) lol

Also got a "fatboy tfv12 prince fat boy glass to go onto it and that increases the tank size up too about 8ml they say...but it's a winner as more vape and less filling.

I Just have a few questions etc. I've been searching the internet and youtube etc. and pretty much can't find the answers, most of the videos show un boxing and the odd walk through but they don't go into detail with some of the settings.

What I've found out so far is about the "soft, medium and hard" settings.

So having it starting on "soft" will slowly ramp up the watts to the what setting you have it on, medium will be nearly there to full wattage and then hard is banging straight to the max watts you have set.

The coil that came with it is a "V12 prince Q4 0.4Ω quadruple coil.

For some reason the kit was missing the V12 Prince T10 0.12Ω decuple coil, (might have to take this up with the shop where I bought it, maybe they took it out to sell on it's own then through in the larger glass, I don't know)

Any way, questions are about the settings There are 3 modes for you: VW mode, TC mode (Ti, Ni, SS) and MEMORY mode.

Wattage = I know this one..simply turn up or down the wattage that you want to vape with. Preheat? should I be using this?

Temp = (TI) This displays wattage but what does the TCR mean? and when is it best to use this?

NI = wattage set to 60w and TCR is 600 ? no idea on this again...

SS = wattage set to 60w and TCR set to 105 agian no idea on this...

M = some kind of memory setting for personal settings I think I've read....

The guy in the shop did bamboozle me with science on the settings etc. but it kind of didn't sink in at the time...so that's why I thought I'd ask you guys about the settings.

I will be buying the V12 Prince RBA so that I can make my own coils in the future...Smiling

Any way, that's about it chaps....and as of now 7 days and only 3 rolled cigarettes, 3 days since I smoked the last one and throw out everything to do with smoking.. Smiling

Thanks

14/02/18 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

Likes Given: 1,493
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: SMOK MAG Questions
Hi Assuming the coil you have is Kanthal which it almost certainly is unless it says otherwise then your only option is Wattage/ power mode.
For now I would suggest you ignore all the TC (Temperature Control) stuff. Just use Watts mode.

NB The SS Ti Ni settings are to set the mod for different types of coil wire when you are using TC. They have no effect in Wattage mode.

And very good luck with the quitting. The first few days are the worst.

14/02/18 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richard46's post:
datastreem (14/02/18)
datastreem Offline

Sex:

ah thanks, just back from the vape shop and had been discussing the types of coils etc. that you can buy, he does a kit that has about 40 - 50 different types of coils in them, klapton and the like, he also does all the wire and stuff that you need to make and wind your own coils, but once I get the RBA then a pack of 40 ish pre-made coils for about £12.00 is pretty neat.

Maybe once I get the RBA and the coils etc. then I can start looking into temperature control etc. so all depends on the "type" of wire that you use?

It's really interesting, but how would you know when to change to TC etc?

And yeah thanks, least I'm not waking up in the morning couging my guts up for 20 minutes so well chuffed with my purchase and stopping smoking!

Thanks again.

14/02/18 03:19 PM
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

Many experienced vapers never use Temp Control at all preferring straight wattage control.

Briefly for Wattage you use Kanthal wire.

For Temp Control Ti (Titanium) or Ni200 (Nickel) Do not use these with Wattage mode.

SS (Stainless Steel) usually 316 or 316L SS can be used in either TC or Watts Mode.

14/02/18 03:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richard46's post:
datastreem (14/02/18)
datastreem Offline

Sex:

nice one! thanks Smiling

14/02/18 04:00 PM
MrDJjim Offline

Likes Given: 298
Sex:
as said already, forget TC for now. detox off the cigs in wattage mode.
even though youve jumped in at the deep end with a pro kit while most of us started with a mouth to lung tank at 10-14watts with much higher nicotine. for me it was 18mg nicotine at 12watts for a month and then cut down to 12mg. that got me off a 38 year habit of 20-30 a day and next week will be 3 years. if i had started with this your tank on low 3mg i would of been back on the cigs after a week. that tank takes much higher wattage so is best at 3mg max but a few do use 6mg but fuk knows how as that would kill my throat in a high end subtank.
even after 3 years i have 23 mods with a different flavor in each and i dont go above 50-60watts. tried tc once and that was enough for me and back to wattage.
oh and ive had 2 smok tanks tfv4 and tfv8 and both were shite and i sold them after 1 day of use. some love them though as its all about the clouds bro.

14/02/18 04:27 PM
datastreem Offline

Sex:

No probs, I did start off with an Ileaf, I think it was, and then the kangertech, but absolutely loving the SMOK, I'm really enjoying making my own vape and the different flavors.

When I'm on the booze I've bought some golden virginia and some rich tabbaco and they are a real good vape when I'm having a few pints. and I'm not smoking! it was a while ago when I bought a bottle of nicotine, before the law changed so had that for ages and ages, think it was a 48mg 4.8% 50 ml bottle that I got and that was back in 2016, and just about running out of it now, in a 10ml vape, I'd put about 15 drops in and that would keep me off the cigs all day, wasn't until I got home with a few tinnies that I'd be reaching for the cigs.

Started making my own coils in the kanger, and looking forward to the RBA for the SMOK, I'm really liking it at the minute with huge clouds and flavor that I get, what was up with the tfv4 and tfv8? I have the tfv12 prince now as mentioned and it's a winner over all the prev 2 vape tanks/pens I've had Smiling

14/02/18 04:55 PM
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

Different people find different answers. Conventional wisdom does not work for all of us. Do what works for you I say. And again good luck.

14/02/18 05:31 PM
MrDJjim Offline

Likes Given: 298
Sex:
(14/02/18 04:55 PM)datastreem Wrote:  No probs, I did start off with an Ileaf, I think it was, and then the kangertech, but absolutely loving the SMOK, I'm really enjoying making my own vape and the different flavors.

When I'm on the booze I've bought some golden virginia and some rich tabbaco and they are a real good vape when I'm having a few pints. and I'm not smoking! it was a while ago when I bought a bottle of nicotine, before the law changed so had that for ages and ages, think it was a 48mg 4.8% 50 ml bottle that I got and that was back in 2016, and just about running out of it now, in a 10ml vape, I'd put about 15 drops in and that would keep me off the cigs all day, wasn't until I got home with a few tinnies that I'd be reaching for the cigs.

Started making my own coils in the kanger, and looking forward to the RBA for the SMOK, I'm really liking it at the minute with huge clouds and flavor that I get, what was up with the tfv4 and tfv8? I have the tfv12 prince now as mentioned and it's a winner over all the prev 2 vape tanks/pens I've had Smiling

ahh got ya, sorry, i thought this was your first kit.
as long as it keeps you off the cigs then keep doing what your doing Smiling

14/02/18 06:07 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like MrDJjim's post:
datastreem (14/02/18), Richard46 (14/02/18)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)