Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
SMOKTECH GROOVE product recall - IMPORTANT
McCloud Offline

Likes Given: 45
Sex: Male
RE: SMOKTECH product recall - IMPORTANT
(09/06/13 12:24 PM)ukric Wrote:  
(09/06/13 11:45 AM)McCloud Wrote:  Not good.

This is the last thing the e-cigarette community needs, hope this doesn't get publicised by the "wrong" people...

This is exactly what the e-cigarette community needs. Showing that when issues arise they are sorted promptly by responsible vendors fulfilling their obligation to statutory rights.

Have you contacted

http://innovapours.co.uk/index.php?route...uct_id=151

and

http://www.vapourtine.co.uk/e-cigarette-...roove.html

?

Understood. But that well made point of yours is not what mainstream media would latch onto is it?

A picture of the charred warped remains of an electronic device under the headline. ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES - DANGEROUS! is just the sort of thing i envision being published (especially in the DM). Not the swift and responsible response of the individual vendors...
09/06/13 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes McCloud's post:
amitron (09/06/13)
Digisatman Offline
I Vape to live

Likes Given: 13
SMOKTECH product recall - IMPORTANT
It would also be wise for each unit to take a salt bath before been returned by post

UKV V1 Post count 2000 Plus Big Grin
Provari V1,V2 Innokin SVD Kayfun 3.1es Line V2 USGTank, AGA T2 Bulli A2 Tank & Bulli 701 Mikosoft Pipe, Lavatube, Homemade VV Various Tanks & bits

09/06/13 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Digisatman's post:
neilk (09/06/13)
amitron Offline
Worthy of Laudation

Likes Given: 2,646
Second time in past year SMOK have had to recall something, 1st time being their telescope mod having no vent holes.
09/06/13 03:07 PM
neilk Offline

Likes Given: 169
(09/06/13 12:42 PM)Digisatman Wrote:  It would also be wise for each unit to take a salt bath before been returned by post
and make it a 24 hr bath just to make sure the unit is dead

Do Not Feed The Trolls
09/06/13 03:09 PM
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Likes Given: 730
Sex: Undisclosed

Re: SMOKTECH product recall - IMPORTANT
Update :

We are awaiting details on the safest way to return these products, from Smoktech. We will be updating as soon as we know more.

Three vendors have been contacted by ECCA to inform them of the recall as, for whatever reason, they were not already aware. Two of those vendors have now removed them from sale.

We are tracking down any online shops that are still offering this product and will be very grateful if anyone spots something we may have missed. Bear in mind it is Sunday and many places will not be able to update until tomorrow, so there is no need for undue concern at this moment.

Trading standards have been informed.

09/06/13 03:37 PM
rob0128 Offline

Likes Given: 9
i got mine from vapourtime ,emailed them but i think they might be on holiday
09/06/13 03:44 PM
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Likes Given: 730

Re: RE: SMOKTECH product recall - IMPORTANT
(09/06/13 03:44 PM)rob0128 Wrote:  i got mine from vapourtime ,emailed them but i think they might be on holiday

Vapourtime have been contacted and have, to their credit, updated their website very quickly. You should hear from them in due course and we would appreciate it if you could let us know when that is.

09/06/13 03:46 PM
ecigwizard Offline
Vendor
Vendors

Likes Given: 111
RE: SMOKTECH GROOVE product recall - IMPORTANT
Different groove Smiling

(09/06/13 12:35 PM)ukric Wrote:  It seems UKEliquid used to sell it

http://www.uk-eliquid.co.uk/mods/

A selection of the finest big battery mods available! We offer a range of big battery mods to suit every budget, from the bargain bolt to the luxurious groove, take your pick and enjoy!

It's not on their site now, but I can't see anything about a product recall on the site as yet.

Same with http://www.ecigwizard.com/mods/

A selection of the finest big battery mods available! We offer a range of big battery mods to suit every budget, from the bargain bolt to the luxurious groove, take your pick and enjoy!

09/06/13 04:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ecigwizard-olly Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 301
(09/06/13 12:35 PM)ukric Wrote:  It seems UKEliquid used to sell it

http://www.uk-eliquid.co.uk/mods/

It's not on their site now, but I can't see anything about a product recall on the site as yet.

Same with http://www.ecigwizard.com/mods/

We've never sold the Smoktech 'Groove'.

This particular Groove which you refer to on Ecigwizard / UK-Eliquid was a completely different hand made mod from the US we sold half a dozen of around 12 months ago.

Would appreciate if you could please update your post please, thanks.

*Doh, didn't see Aaron had beat me to it.

(This post was last modified: 09/06/13 04:48 PM by ecigwizard-olly.)
09/06/13 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ecigwizard Offline
Vendor
Vendors

Likes Given: 111
Caerulea can I ask why ECCA informed TS?

What is the thinking behind this? Genuinely curious.

09/06/13 04:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecigwizard's post:
itsmeitis (09/06/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)