Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shuriken RDA 24 by Cthulhu MOD
Joshua1982 Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 0
Sex: Undisclosed
Shuriken RDA 24 by Cthulhu MOD

25/10/16 07:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Joshua1982 Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 0
Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Shuriken RDA 24 by Cthulhu MOD
Review: (re-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_ciga...thulhumod/)

So /u/Cthulhumod reached out to me a little while ago to offer up the Shuriken 24mm rda for review. I've been a fan since their original Cthulhu rta. They always seem to have a good grip on what's good going in the industry and as far as I'm concerned they did a pretty darn good job with this Shuriken rda. I do have a couple minor complaints but nothing that would stop me from using it. Here are my honest thoughts on the Cthulhumod Shuriken RDA 24mm.

Package contents:
1x Shuriken RDA 24mm
1x 510 tip adapter
2x air flow rings
1x pack o-rings
1x spare screws
1x allen key

Listed features:
* Depth of juice well: 6mm / 0.24''
* Support dual coil and single coil
* 2 Post clamp styled build deck
* Anti snip design
* Side airflow control
* 510 threading connection
* 24mm overall diameter

Here's a link to a full album of pics!

The Packaging:
This thing comes in a very cool little plastic box that I personally really enjoyed. The RDA showed up the day before I left for CVE and I tossed it in to my build kit to take with me. It's such a small box that it fit perfectly even though I had already packed. In the tiny little box they managed to pack all the usual extras as well as an additional afc ring. Along with that extra afc ring you get, the RDA, a 510 drip tip adapter, a pack of spare orings, a spare screw and an allen key. Everything arrived safely and in a convenient little sponge lined package, couldn't be much happier with it!

The RDA:
The Shuriken 24mm RDA is well built, made from stainless steel and feels absolutely solid in hand. It's 24mm diameter and only 32mm tall with the drip tip. I got the black version but it's also available in SS. It's got a really nice 6mm deep juice well that'll hold a butt ton of juice, pretty sure I've got tanks that hold less juice. It sports a nice wide bore drip tip which is probably delrin but I didn't see it listed anywhere. The threads on the 510 are nice and smooth and it has a non-adjustable 510 pin. On the afc rings it sports the Cthulhumod logo, the head of Cthulhu himself!!

The Deck:
The deck comes equipped with two large posts with c shaped clamps which are actually patented by Cthulhumod and we've seen them before on the original Shuriken 22mm rda. I've used a similar deck with the iJoy Combo if you recall but with the Combo there was a slight improvement, it came with spring loaded clamps. On the Shuriken 24mm you'll have to lift up the clamps by hand or turn the whole thing upside down when you want to slide your wire in. Actually I was just able to lift them up with the wire I was using and slide them in but it could be a bit of a pain for new builders. I personally don't have any issues building on it but would love to see those spring loaded clamps in this for convenience sake. While I don't have an exact measurement the deck is nice and wide and should accommodate some pretty hefty builds. I tend to prefer two post decks as it leaves a little spot in the middle where you can drip without worrying of overdripping and while this is a two post deck it unfortunately takes up most of that center area. Not that I had any issues with dripping down the cap, I still found with this design I prefer to pull the cap off and make sure everything is good and saturated. While I was at CVE I tossed in a quick dual fused clapton build (2x26/40 6 wraps on 3mm) and boy was I enjoying it. If you were at CVE you might have seen me walking around with it on top of my VS DNA200 and rocking it at 100w. Another thing I wouldn't have minded was the post screws use an allen key while I would have preferred philips head screws, again only for conveniences sake but the allen head screws did work just fine.

Flow Control:
For airflow control you actually get two different AFC rings which you can swap out to suit your preference. Both have three holes on either side but one has 3mm circular holes while the other has three 2.5x6mm slots. I noticed on the one with the circular holes the logo is printed upside down on the one side. On the slotted afc there is only one logo and it faces the right direction. Not really a big deal as it works fine it's just a cosmetic quirk with mine. I actually preferred the slotted afc anyway so it's pretty much a moot point for me anyway.

Performance:
Performance as with any rebuildable will depend on your ability to coil and wick as well as how much power you give it but with the build I chucked in it, it was working an absolute treat! Nice big flavourful clouds, but like I always say results will vary. One benefit of those large center posts up the middle is you're less likely to get any spit back and in the week that I've been using it I haven't once experienced any hot juice spitting in to my mouth. Also all of the options around airflow really let you run it how you want.

Overall:
I really enjoy using it, it's not exactly a flavour chasing rda but the flavour I do get from it is great. Pair that with the big clouds it can produce and you're somewhere in the middle of a flavour and a cloud chasing atty. Sort of the best of both worlds. It'll let you build some really nice big coils but also gives you plenty of options for the airflow. I wouldn't recommend this as a mtl rda but for those who like to build big and chuck some clouds, it's a pretty awesome option. I was enjoying it enough that while at CVE I picked up a custom drip tip for it, something I don't do often. I found the perfect one and it's made of shredded up $5 bills!! I can't remember the folks who made the drip tip but I'm pretty sure I picked it up from the SnakeCoils booth but I could be wrong. So the big questions will I keep using this thing? Yes absolutely 100% I will!! Really been enjoying the flavour and clouds I've been getting from it. Would I recommend this thing? Yup without question! Especially for anyone looking for an easy to work with 24mm rda that has great flavour and lots of airflow, it's a really great option!

25/11/16 01:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joshua1982's post:
Brig (25/11/16)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)