Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smok TFV4 - Optimal power?
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 28
Sex: Male
Smok TFV4 - Optimal power?
I am attempting a transition from Kanger sub-ohm tanks (Toptank, subtank, Protank4) to Smok sub-ohm equivalents, as I don't like, nor understand, the continued issues I keep having with replacement coils.
I am actually experimenting with a Smok TVF4 Micro with the 3.5 mL extension.
I use a STC2 Smok coil, which is a big BVC made with Stainless Steel wire, as I mean to switch to Temperature Control afterwards.
The STC2 coil is labeled 30-60 Watt.
With Kanger SSOCC coils, I were vaping ar 45 watt. They are labelled the same 30-60 watt.
All nice and clear so far, but... the STC2 coils come to life well above 60 watts; for a semi-decent vape, I have to set the mod at 85 watt. And, with 3 mg high VG (12Monkeys Tropika) I get a buzz which I don't like. The coil doesn't seem to suffer from such overdrive, and the vape is warm but not hot, and wonderfully flavourful. The cloud is large but not meteorologically significant.
Somebody with experience with Smok tanks, could shed some light on the optimal settings to use?
Really appreciate any help or suggestions,
Regards
07/09/17 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,818
RE: Smok TFV4 - Optimal power?
Smok TVF4 Micro, the Micro-CLP2 (fused clapton) coils have been more popular than the Micro-STC2 stainless coils, but I don't know how important TC is to you...

I've used the Micro-CLP2 coil at around 45w, it seemed pretty decent, so I would recommend giving one of them a go.

07/09/17 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 28

Thank you Toby, you always so kind and helpful.
I managed to have SS TC working on different devices, Yihi being the most dependable, but also on the Sigelei, Smok and Kanger devices, but... it is too sensitive to foreign matter in the 510, the coil not very tight, and so on. When I leave a TC setup unused for a couple of days, it just doesn't work, until a re-seat the coil and clean the 510 connection. And, at the end, it always feels underpowered. On the other hand, the coils last forever.
This said, best subohm vape - which I only do in the open - is with a setup in power mode.
I'll give a try to the CPL2 coils as you say.
Thanks,
07/09/17 05:58 PM
romenov Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:
My TFV4 leaks like crazy over night, that's my last tank that have bottom AFC.
12/09/17 03:58 AM
HeyJoe Offline

Likes Given: 279
Sex:
(07/09/17 11:30 AM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  I am attempting a transition from Kanger sub-ohm tanks (Toptank, subtank, Protank4) to Smok sub-ohm equivalents, as I don't like, nor understand, the continued issues I keep having with replacement coils.
I am actually experimenting with a Smok TVF4 Micro with the 3.5 mL extension.
I use a STC2 Smok coil, which is a big BVC made with Stainless Steel wire, as I mean to switch to Temperature Control afterwards.
The STC2 coil is labeled 30-60 Watt.
With Kanger SSOCC coils, I were vaping ar 45 watt. They are labelled the same 30-60 watt.
All nice and clear so far, but... the STC2 coils come to life well above 60 watts; for a semi-decent vape, I have to set the mod at 85 watt. And, with 3 mg high VG (12Monkeys Tropika) I get a buzz which I don't like. The coil doesn't seem to suffer from such overdrive, and the vape is warm but not hot, and wonderfully flavourful. The cloud is large but not meteorologically significant.
Somebody with experience with Smok tanks, could shed some light on the optimal settings to use?
Really appreciate any help or suggestions,
Regards

Have you tried the Kanger RBA Plus coils in your Toptank or Subtank?
17/09/17 07:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)