Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smok alien 220 driving me nuts
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 3,727
Sex: Male
RE: Smok alien 220 driving me nuts
I disagree about the chips, I think they perform very well, certainly compared to many of their budget peers. Paint and finish are crap though.
10/03/17 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kenneth's post:
Cliffy (19/04/17)
Vapenut Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
Well received the RBA for my baby tank today which was giving me shorts/low ohm message on my smok g320 and other mods, even tried my own coils and still no joy.

Then one of the 3 batteries in g320 got fried, scared the shit out of me!
20/03/17 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vapenut's post:
col (19/04/17)
Blaster Offline
U goto be kidding
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 20
I had exactly the same problem as you with the RBA for the big baby, the problem is when you screw the RBA into the base of the tank the positive pin in the base pushes out of the 510 part of the base and then the positive part of the RBA is that close to the base of the tank it shorts out. What I ended up doing was filling down the putter parts on the positive parts of the RBA to sort of make a nipple in the centre of the positive part of the RBA as to keep the outer bottom part of the RBA away from the base of the tank when the RBA is screwed in. Then when you come to assemble the RBA into the base of the tank put the tank base on your mod then keep screwing your RBA into the base till it fires then leave it and it should work. This is a very poor design on smoks part.
21/03/17 05:23 AM
Blaster Offline
U goto be kidding
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 20
Hope you can see from this pic what I mean mate.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
─░mage
21/03/17 06:10 AM
Vapenut Offline

Sex:
(21/03/17 05:23 AM)Blaster Wrote:  I had exactly the same problem as you with the RBA for the big baby, the problem is when you screw the RBA into the base of the tank the positive pin in the base pushes out of the 510 part of the base and then the positive part of the RBA is that close to the base of the tank it shorts out. What I ended up doing was filling down the putter parts on the positive parts of the RBA to sort of make a nipple in the centre of the positive part of the RBA as to keep the outer bottom part of the RBA away from the base of the tank when the RBA is screwed in. Then when you come to assemble the RBA into the base of the tank put the tank base on your mod then keep screwing your RBA into the base till it fires then leave it and it should work. This is a very poor design on smoks part.

Thanks for that. I was looking on YouTube yesterday where it was mentioned about the pin etc, I saw this chap screw the rba onto the inner chamber in the tank first then screw on the base which apparently can work so will have a fiddle
21/03/17 02:59 PM
Vapenut Offline

Sex:
I'm losing the will to live here, it seems the rba a bought is not for the big baby beast ffs! Can't seem to find one for my tank...
21/03/17 04:30 PM
Cliffy Offline
Helped organise the first vape fest

Likes Given: 1,824
(10/03/17 06:14 PM)Kenneth Wrote:  I disagree about the chips, I think they perform very well, certainly compared to many of their budget peers. Paint and finish are crap though.

I agree Kenneth my Alien is great and so is the G-Priv ......

Eight years vaping March 2017
19/04/17 11:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)