Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Super Juggernaut Prebuilt Coils
Bugsy Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
Super Juggernaut Prebuilt Coils
Hi,

Has anyone had experience of these coils? I just got them on Ebay but they won't fire up on my Eleaf device at any wattage setting, using two li-ion rechargeables (18650 3400mAh 3.7v or similar batts but 2600mAh). I have them in an Azeroth tank. When I try to vape I get a message on the Eleaf "atomizer low". Do I need special batts to fire up these big coils? What?

Thanks for any advice,

Bugsy.
05/01/17 10:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
stevelauder Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 675
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Super Juggernaut Prebuilt Coils
You'll need a mod that will allow around 0.1, preferably one that fires at 0.05. Pre-built coils with lots of metal usually require a bit of work to get rid of hot spots and get a good even glow. Until everything's even you can get strange/super low ohm readings... but so long as you're confident that everything is is fine and dandy (no hard shorts anywhere, or dodgy untightened connections), the ohms will go up to 'regular' levels (above 0.1 ohms) once properly installed and pulsed.
05/01/17 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

(05/01/17 10:51 PM)stevelauder Wrote:  You'll need a mod that will allow around 0.1, preferably one that fires at 0.05. Pre-built coils with lots of metal usually require a bit of work to get rid of hot spots and get a good even glow. Until everything's even you can get strange/super low ohm readings... but so long as you're confident that everything is is fine and dandy (no hard shorts anywhere, or dodgy untightened connections), the ohms will go up to 'regular' levels (above 0.1 ohms) once properly installed and pulsed.

Can you recommend a good but not too expensive mod which would work well with these type of coils? Thanks.
05/01/17 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

(05/01/17 10:56 PM)Bugsy Wrote:  
(05/01/17 10:51 PM)stevelauder Wrote:  You'll need a mod that will allow around 0.1, preferably one that fires at 0.05. Pre-built coils with lots of metal usually require a bit of work to get rid of hot spots and get a good even glow. Until everything's even you can get strange/super low ohm readings... but so long as you're confident that everything is is fine and dandy (no hard shorts anywhere, or dodgy untightened connections), the ohms will go up to 'regular' levels (above 0.1 ohms) once properly installed and pulsed.

Can you recommend a good but not too expensive mod which would work well with these type of coils? Thanks.

I've got the Juggernauts firing up in my Eleaf now but it only does this with one coil attached to the deck (still pleases!). Also I've ordered some Sony VTC5's which are probably the batteries I need to handle these bigguns. Thanks for the advice Smiling
07/01/17 10:36 AM
slidey_adz Offline
Professional Idiot

Likes Given: 1,164
Sex: Undisclosed
The batteries wont allow your mod to fire any lower than the chip is set too. You'll need to get another mod that will fire at lower ohms.

RTA/RDA/DIY = F#CK THE TPD!!
07/01/17 12:26 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes slidey_adz's post:
Bugsy (07/01/17)
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

Aah, get it now, thanks for clarifying. I think I need a more up-to-date mod in anycase so I'll get my research boots on!
07/01/17 12:32 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bugsy's post:
Loco (09/02/17)
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 275
Sex: Male
(07/01/17 12:32 PM)Bugsy Wrote:  Aah, get it now, thanks for clarifying. I think I need a more up-to-date mod in anycase so I'll get my research boots on!

The mod must be able to fire the coil, but if you're going high power, make sure you have good, high drain batteries too. What kind of power are you going to be using?
07/01/17 12:54 PM
gummy Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
Singly these are probably going to come in at around 0.15-0.20 per coil before you pinch them and rise to around 0.3. So as a pair 0.1ohms or under which would be a problem?
I occasionally use a homemade single in my Aeronauts, they are taking 60-70w per coil and thirsty with it. Dual coils take 120w + to get past the ramp up time and then you need good wicking to keep up.

mirror the other replies, you will need a mod that fires low enough and before that you're going to need some decent high discharge 18650s, amp load not mah rating. At least Sony 25rs, ideally VCT4 30A or VCT5 25A.

Can you use a single coil in your atty?
07/01/17 03:12 PM
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

(07/01/17 03:12 PM)gummy Wrote:  Singly these are probably going to come in at around 0.15-0.20 per coil before you pinch them and rise to around 0.3. So as a pair 0.1ohms or under which would be a problem?
I occasionally use a homemade single in my Aeronauts, they are taking 60-70w per coil and thirsty with it. Dual coils take 120w + to get past the ramp up time and then you need good wicking to keep up.

mirror the other replies, you will need a mod that fires low enough and before that you're going to need some decent high discharge 18650s, amp load not mah rating. At least Sony 25rs, ideally VCT4 30A or VCT5 25A.

Can you use a single coil in your atty?

I was pleased I got the single prebuilt Juggernaut coil firing up well on the Azeroth deck but I must persevere as it vapes a bit horrible at the moment as my wicking skills are awanting Smiling. Also it is not practical to vape like this as the deck is not fully 'sealed' where the other coil and wick would go. Not very aesthetic either but I'm hopefully just in the early stages. Hopefully when I get a good mod, my new VTC5 batts and some more skill in coiling/wicking things may get better. I don't want to vape with this setup regularly but I'd like to be able to do some occasional and enjoyable high watt vaping.
(This post was last modified: 07/01/17 04:05 PM by Bugsy.)
07/01/17 03:48 PM
Bugsy Offline

Sex:

(07/01/17 12:54 PM)MDC Wrote:  
(07/01/17 12:32 PM)Bugsy Wrote:  Aah, get it now, thanks for clarifying. I think I need a more up-to-date mod in anycase so I'll get my research boots on!

The mod must be able to fire the coil, but if you're going high power, make sure you have good, high drain batteries too. What kind of power are you going to be using?

At the moment I don't go higher than 40-45 watts (this is the power?). However if I can get a setup which allows me to occasionally vape at higher watts without any burnt taste / dry hits I'd like that Smiling .
07/01/17 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)