Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Text Review Naturally Extracted Tobacco LLC
Amazing Vape Offline

Likes Given: 1,054
Sex: Male
RE: Naturally Extracted Tobacco LLC
I read what they say about heat extraction and cold maceration on their site (not that I still remember, lol). Would you say one would be "healthier" than the other or provide a different flavour or are they just basically more or less the same?

A site about the facts and history of vaping (but most probably never): http://www.amazingvape.weebly.com
17/04/15 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,207

I don't know about healthier - I "believe" the cold maceration gives a stronger flavour and the heat extraction a smoother one...

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

17/04/15 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Amazing Vape Offline

Thanks again. I suppose the HoL probably uses cold maceration, right? I may as well be wrong. They don't say anything about it...

EDIT: I just found this at ECF:

"Thank you for reaching out to us with your questions.

Yes, most of our e-Liquids are offered in two different extraction methods: Heat Extracted or Cold/ambient Macerataion.

The difference is, as you suspect, more bold and full-bodied flavor with the heat extraction, and we notice slightly more throat hit in juices made with this extraction method. The liquids made from "cold" maceration extracts tend to be more subtly flavored, more nuanced, and a smoother vape exprience.

For many vapers, the more "in-your-face" tobacco flavor will be preferred. However, this does not necessarily mean that it is better than the cold macerated e-Liquids. Those vapers that have a more refined palate, and enjoy subtle flavors may find that the cold maceraion provides more "depth" or "complexity" to come across on the palate. And those vapers that prefer a smoother vape experience, will likely prefer th "cold" maceration as well.

Currently most of the pipe tobaccos are offered in both extraction types, while at the moment all of the cigars are only available as heat extracts/liquids. This will not always be the case, and we plan to povide the "cold" maceration with the cigar tobaccos with the next round of extractions in te coming weeks or months.

If you order from us (we plan to go live the week of July 8th), you can either order both types of extractions for a given juice, or, even better for your wallet, you can request your free 5 mL sample to include a specified tobacco in the other extraction type so you can compare and get an idea which you prefer. All orders over $25 receive a free sample, and orders over $50 will inlude two samples.

For tobaccos, we strive to provide both heat extraction and "cold" maceration, but as you probably saw on the website, alcohol extractions are also being employed, primarily for non-tobacco flavorings, such as fruits (we will be coming out with cherry and apple pipe tobacco flavors very soon, for instance).

I hope I have answered your questions adequately, but if you have any additional points you would like to clarify, do not hesitate to contact us again at any time!

Take care, and we look forward to your business!"

A site about the facts and history of vaping (but most probably never): http://www.amazingvape.weebly.com
(This post was last modified: 17/04/15 09:17 PM by Amazing Vape.)
17/04/15 09:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Well found - I had it back to front I now realise! The ones I've have thus far are all cold maceration and (probably as i have them in high PG, extra extract and at 24mg) dont lack hit and "wallop" Smiling

18/04/15 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Amazing Vape Offline

Yes, prof. I may buy a couple of the apparently "less dangerous" cigarette juices in 60 ml each, 12 mg, heat extraction, maybe not extra extract. It's complicated when you don't really know what you're doing...

On the other hand, do you think there really isn't that much difference between these juices and the HoL's?

EDIT: I was thinking about Big Spirit as possibly the most reasonable of the bunch flavour wise and not gunking coils wise. Any other ideas as risky as it may be to recommend juices?

(This post was last modified: 19/04/15 07:03 PM by Amazing Vape.)
19/04/15 06:55 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

The Speaking Spirit is excellent (to me) and the Red Virginia is too. I wouldn't say the NET LLC stuff is better than HoL but they are different, so I would say they add to range of this type of juice. I love companies products

19/04/15 08:11 PM
Bucky Juice Offline
Pwoffeshonaw Vaper
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,409
bargain, just spent 100 dollars, 67 quid, and got some great looking/sounding/smelling/tasting stuff on the way....

105 mls in total of 10 different types, cant argue with that...

cant wait.

19/04/15 08:56 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

As I'm on holiday this week, I took the three free samples from my last purchase with me.

I'm currently trying the Va/Pe/OrS blend, which the company describe as : "Virginia, Perique and Oriental...oh my! What's that? You need it with more "oomph"? Done! Smoked Latakia added with the Turkish blend and...well you know the rest."

It's good - there is definitely a range of different and complex flavours in there... A strong flavour, to me a mix of "posh cigarette" with a hint of "pipe"

20/04/15 08:48 AM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Continuing my "holiday vape reviews", and having finished the sample of Va/Pe/OrS, I'm now vaping the sample of Gypsy Brunes.

NET LLC describes this as follows:

"Another homage to a historically relevant brand of French-style cigarettes were/are the Gitanes: which means "Gypsy Women." Much like the original iteration(s) of Gauloises; the Brunes was comprised of predominantly Oriental tobaccos. Rather than a light blend of aromatic wood/herb-smoked Latakia however, Gitanes Brunes instead relied upon a blend of orientals some of which were both sun-cured (traditional with Turkish varietals) and fired/smoked (but with non aromatic woods). These were then added to Flue-cured non-Virginia species as well; hence maintaining the traditional "darker" more robust flavor and "color(s)" of European cigarette tobaccos which can still be differentiated from classic American-style cigarette blends in existence today.

Certainly mysterious (and stereotypically nomadic) is the "Gypsy" culture, and given the documented flavor profile of the early Gitanes as having a somewhat sweet, almost sour "raisin-y" taste, true Perique tobacco may also be discernible in this custom N-E-T blend.
"

Amazingly, given the "fulsome" description, this really does taste (as far as my memory is good going back 40 years) very much like the Gitanes that were trendy in the UK in the late 60s and early 70s. Just like those, this is a liquid that makes a "nice change" rather than one I would use for long periods - good though...

22/04/15 09:07 AM
Bucky Juice Offline
Pwoffeshonaw Vaper
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,409
Sorry to miss you yesterday prof, I wasn't in a any ft state for visitations from above, but at least your holiday juice supply didn't get snaffled, as it most likey would have if I'd made it.

I wish you'd stop posting on this thread, making me all itchy for the postman, do the NET people send tyou a confirmation when it's been shipped?

Also reading this last post I was a bit puzzled, didn't remember seeing a Gypsy brunes, and would probably have had a try of this one; Gitanes were also trendy in the mid 80s , think they just used to be trendy for a particular breed of teenager, whatever the decade. I missed out the entire cigarette section of the website.

Incredible timing, halfway through writing this an email pinged through to say my order has shipped Big Grin

22/04/15 11:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)