Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Text Review Prof Reviews the Eden Mods Salix
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,221
Sex: Male
Prof Reviews the Eden Mods Salix
Why?

Pure weakness - I visited the Eden Mods stand at Vapefest, was shown the Salix, discussed it and bought one!

What did I get?

I got a small plastic tub/tube:

This contained the Salix:

A small hex key:

A bag of spares:

The spares consisted of:

Spare o-rings for the cap, spare screws for the "posts", a squonking bottom pin and o-rings for that, and lastly two small "cartridges" for fixing the size of the airflow hole (more later).

Lastly there was a "manual":

Fortunately most of that was stuff to ensure TDP compliance, and a short instructions along the lines of - "take the cap off, put a coil in, wick it, juice, let it soak, put the cap back on".

Inside the Salix:

The Salix comes with a short (I think Delron) drip tip:

Two views of the body:

Here is the Salix's cap which twists on the base and has a airflow slot:

The base unit has a number of noteworthy features.

Firstly the layout provides channels for dropping the coil legs into (one sensibly higher than the other) and hex screws accessed from the side of body to secure the coil:

Another very nice feature are slots which allow the rod you use to wind your coil on to be kept in place whilst you position the coil and secure the coil legs:

Building the Salix

All very simple. I got a rod and wound a 0.8ohms twisted pair coil on it. I laid the rod with the coil on it across the slots provided, and with the legs in the slots, tightened the screw and trimmed any excess wire:

Next came wicking. The rod slots make wicking much less fiddly:

Vaping the Salix

I initially tried the Salix with the "slot" airhole "cartridge" - this enables the airflow to be adjusted by twisted the cap:

I couldn't get the flow as tight as I wanted with this, so I switched it for one with a 1mm hole:

This provide exactly the vape I wanted. The Salix comes with 1.5mm and 0.8mm hole cartridges (as well as the slot one) and they sell 1mm and blank (make your own size hole) cartridges too.

Conclusion

Here is the Salix on one of my Super T ELAs:

The Salix provides an excellent vape with either adjustable (using the slot cartridge) or fixed (pick you own hole size cartridges) airflow. It real strength is ease of build - they have certainly thought that through.

Overall - a cracking RDA

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

(This post was last modified: 06/08/18 11:04 AM by prof beard.)
05/08/18 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 6 users Like prof beard's post:
AndyMan (15/08/18), Barnweld (06/08/18), kenny (10/08/18), marlowejames (06/08/18), nisam (05/08/18), speedfreek (15/08/18)
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,221

RE: Prof Reviews the Eden Mods Salix
I have the build in the Salix well bedded in and been using daily. It is providing a consistently good vape.

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

10/08/18 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
voodoobloo Offline
Having a squonk

Likes Given: 1,923
Not heard many complain about them and there's not many on the FB sales pages which is always a good sign for any piece of hardware. Considered buying one at VF but held off which isn't like me. Nice review Prof

10/08/18 04:10 PM
Crème de Vape Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 399
Sex: Undisclosed
Hi Prof,
Sorry not to have been at Vapefest for our usual chat Sad One of the things I used to enjoy most about Vapefest.

Lovely comprehensive review of the Salix which was launched online today and is proving to be quite popular already.
Looks great there on the ELA actually!

Did you see the Slam caps at Vapefest?

Lisa

10/08/18 07:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
speedfreek Offline
Eden Mods MD
Mod Vendors

Likes Given: 362
Thanks for taking the time to do a write up Prof - much appreciated and I'm glad you are enjoying it! Smiling

15/08/18 11:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top

User(s) browsing this thread: Paul230, 1 Guest(s)