Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The "Carto equals" claim thread
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: The "Carto equals" claim thread
false claims sell e cigs.. fact..

asking a new smoker tryer first time e cig buyer why they did not continue and went back to the fags will also produce false answers.. they will pull any old answer out the air to justify what they are doing..

back me up rusty.. if you dare i make an astounding claim.. give me a noob e smoker and i will give you a happy e smoker..

i do have quite a few real life examples under my belt to back up my claim.. very very few failures..

but i cant fight an entire f-cking industry even though i try..

i do know a bit about e smoking though.. one of the things i know is that false exaggerated claims do sell e cigs.. false exaggerated claims sell most things..

i am also pretty sure i know why most new buyers dont follow through.. Smiling

i also know what makes trade organizations tick.. money and funding.. have a guess where that comes from..

the first thing any would be e smoker does is make a cost comparison.. i did and in this sense i am pretty much like most new potential users.. at one time health was the main drive but cost comparisons now play a much larger part.. most smokers are not looking for way to stop they are actually looking for an excuse to keep doing what they are doing.. understand this and you know what makes them tick and why false claims help sell e cigs..

trog

(This post was last modified: 21/08/12 12:09 PM by trog100.)
21/08/12 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Matt Gluggles Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,011
Sex: Undisclosed
Just because false claims sell things, doesn't make it right.

If I sold you a bottle of whisky or rum and said it was 40% strong, but when you got home and found it was only 4% beer - would you be happy with that?

Would it be okay if I said that it was just a false claim to sell the bottle?
21/08/12 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

Likes Given: 7,915
Sex: Male
By the same token, telling someone who knows no better that two cartomisers will last a day when more experienced folk know they last a week each if you refill them is very misleading even though its cheaper than smoking. Confused

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

21/08/12 02:26 PM
Stoney Offline
ECDmeter man
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1
The "Carto equals" claim thread
false advertising is exactly that, regardless of the reasons.
another word for it is lying..

and when d they stop a test, does the machine detect burning filler, or is it when there is no more vapour, long after a human vaper would have started throwing up.

when i started, it was 510 carts .. no way it was even a pack of fags in one, you need a refill every hour or so minimum..

yet i still see thise same size carts advertised as half a carton.
21/08/12 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Offline
Vapers InAle

Likes Given: 577
(21/08/12 12:07 PM)trog100 Wrote:  false claims sell e cigs.. fact..

asking a new smoker tryer first time e cig buyer why they did not continue and went back to the fags will also produce false answers.. they will pull any old answer out the air to justify what they are doing..

back me up rusty.. if you dare i make an astounding claim.. give me a noob e smoker and i will give you a happy e smoker..

i do have quite a few real life examples under my belt to back up my claim.. very very few failures..

trog

One thing is apparant from all the 'Stay Inside' VIP Nights we have done (and feedback from The Anglers) is that smokers are far more impressed with the cig-a-like products than the majority of members on the forums. They seem to use them as cigarettes and the cartos do last significantly longer than they do for an established vaper when used exclusively.

Although I still think that realistic prices and claims should be used in any form of marketing. Some of the claims by ECITA members are outrageous as are their price tags. Trog has got his figures (price and how long a carto lasts) about spot on in this respect. In my opinion, it is the volume of marketing in the press and in real shops/shopping centres that sells certain brands, not the claims they make about the product.

Russell

21/08/12 05:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP)'s post:
FlamingKaty (21/08/12), FlavourArtUK (21/08/12), Matt Gluggles (21/08/12)
Paco Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 28
(21/08/12 06:23 AM)FlavourArtUK Wrote:  I think that question will be answered when they receive their MA.
They are playing on the same pitch as the big boys, so they play a different game.
You could say we're just having a kick around on the car park, such is life.

Any claims that are the result of any tests or research, should be backed up by the corresponding data. But nonetheless, the question has been answered. "they play a different game".

It's hypocritical for you, as a vendor and someone who makes "claims", to comment on what is a consumer issue and top of that accuse other companies.

It's never a good idea for a vendor to comment of forums because the image they give, is how their company is perceived.
(This post was last modified: 22/08/12 02:11 PM by Paco.)
22/08/12 02:10 PM
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

(21/08/12 05:54 PM)Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Wrote:  

trog

One thing is apparant from all the 'Stay Inside' VIP Nights we have done (and feedback from The Anglers) is that smokers are far more impressed with the cig-a-like products than the majority of members on the forums. They seem to use them as cigarettes and the cartos do last significantly longer than they do for an established vaper when used exclusively.

Although I still think that realistic prices and claims should be used in any form of marketing. Some of the claims by ECITA members are outrageous as are their price tags. Trog has got his figures (price and how long a carto lasts) about spot on in this respect. In my opinion, it is the volume of marketing in the press and in real shops/shopping centres that sells certain brands, not the claims they make about the product.

Russell

Din't agree Rusty as Trog will say use a carto for half a day and chuck it and that two cartos a day is a good saving against the price of cigarettes.Thumbs Down

Most of us here know that cartos Boges/Kangers will last a week or more if you use a tank. Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

22/08/12 02:28 PM
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
(22/08/12 02:28 PM)kenny Wrote:  
(21/08/12 05:54 PM)Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Wrote:  

trog

Russell

Din't agree Rusty as Trog will say use a carto for half a day and chuck it and that two cartos a day is a good saving against the price of cigarettes.Thumbs Down

Most of us here know that cartos Boges/Kangers will last a week or more if you use a tank. Wink

Kenny, this is out of context I think: Russ was saying smokers are impressed with cartos, Trog agrees if the price/cig comparison fit better, but you are talking about 'most if us in here', who are not smokers, but vapers, with A completely different habit.

Smokers take the same amount of puffs (at first, at least) as their formed habit dictates would have been taken with a cigarette.

EDIT:
On top of that, most smokers don't want to be arsed with tanks until they find they enjoy vaping, which takes a little while, IMO.
(This post was last modified: 22/08/12 02:43 PM by JayLavEnts.)
22/08/12 02:41 PM
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

I can't be arsed as you call it with tanks but some like them a lot. Thumbs Down

22/08/12 03:06 PM
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
(22/08/12 03:06 PM)kenny Wrote:  I can't be arsed as you call it with tanks but some like them a lot. Thumbs Down

Undeniably, I've just ordered my first one been on cig-a-likes for two years almost.

Point is the difference between smokers habits and vapers, and Trog's right, I get hundreds of happy returning customers who don't give a monkeys what it says on the box as long as it works and saves them money.

I would not try selling a cig-a-like to a vaper on the 'cig count', as it's irrelevant. They don't smoke.
22/08/12 03:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)