Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The "Carto equals" claim thread
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: The "Carto equals" claim thread
the thread has rolled on since i last read it.. kenny seems to have picked on me for my stance on what noobs want..

noobs want faff free e smoking.. kenny must hold the world record for the cheapest e smoking possible.. his numerous forum posts make this clear..

honesty.. just for kenny who really cant seem to get off his cheapest on the planet mode being a priority.. okay its your priority kenny but it isnt every bodies.. Smiling

i never try and make out my faff free method of use once and chuck a pre-filled carto is the cheapest method of e smoking.. it isnt..

i do try and make out its the best method for the average new e smoker to use.. quite how this makes me "dishonest" i really cant figure.. i recon you have a thing about me kenny.. in fact i am sure you have.. maybe you think i am the antichrist or something similar.. Smiling

my simple opinion.. i think for new users pre-filled cartos are the way forward.. my two a day claims (the ones we sell) are reasonably accurate.. so is a cost of two quid a day at the price we sell them at..

now kenny if you catch me out trying to make out this is the cheapest way of e smoking you would have a point as it stands you dont..

sophistry kenny is what i think you feel i am guilty of.. you just aint clever enough to pin it on me which is what pisses you off.. you never stop trying though.. Smiling

okay you think i am doing a good job of selling the noobs a bum deal.. the only thing we could debate is bum deal or good deal.. you see it one way i see it another.. the twain aint ever gonna meet thats for sure.. he he

trog

(This post was last modified: 25/08/12 09:16 AM by trog100.)
25/08/12 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes trog100's post:
Paco (25/08/12)
Paco Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 28
Sex: Male
Quote: kenny must hold the world record for the cheapest e smoking possible

Big GrinBig Grin Cheap and tacky as hell. The "carto equals" claims are all based on studies made using Kenny's experiences. 1 carto equals 1000 cigarettes.
(This post was last modified: 25/08/12 04:18 AM by Paco.)
25/08/12 04:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
trog100 Offline
Vendors

to go further how many types of false claims are there and what is their purpose..

i suppose there basic purpose is to sell more stuff for the people making them..

false cig equivalent claims.. based on "puff counts" still very common..

false life time claims.. based on an over long warranty which has nothing to do with how long the product will last.. i used to call this one the"return merry go round".. not so common now but it was very common.. once again false by implication.. the longer the warranty the better the product..

false life time claims by user assumption.. not fit for purpose if the user assumes the product is anything other than for light use or as a semi disposable device.. this one is interesting because its based on hiding information from the potential buyer.. based on an assumption that all products sold have to (will) last a long time..

false life time claims.. the one i seem to be accused of.. making out the product should be replaced more often than it should or needs to be.. i seem to be the only one engaged in such an activity.. the one kenny is targeting me for..

the one i think i dislike the most is the "not fit for purpose" not making clear the semi disposable nature of the things that are being sold or the purpose they should be used for.. or the mix and match nature of it all.. more an enthusiast problem this but it exists..

but at the end of all this honesty does not sell products.. sales hype.. false expections and bullsh-t sells products.. and no i dont think this is "right" but i do think its how it is.. the answer isnt tighter legislation its user education..

trog

(This post was last modified: 25/08/12 09:32 AM by trog100.)
25/08/12 09:11 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes trog100's post:
JayLavEnts (25/08/12)
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

Likes Given: 7,878
(25/08/12 04:15 AM)Paco Wrote:  

Big GrinBig Grin Cheap and tacky as hell. The "carto equals" claims are all based on studies made using Kenny's experiences. 1 carto equals 1000 cigarettes.

My experiences are like a lot of others here and its got nothing to do with cigalike cartos.

My claim is simple, Boges/Kangers will last for a week not half a day. Trog says he sells Kangers so they should last a week if thats the case when refilled and IMO saying that you should use one prefilled then chuck and change is a little bit misleading . That is all I am saying.

One carto will not last for 1000 cigarettes Paco but if you refill them they will last the equivalent of 140 cigs.

Its not rocket science.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

25/08/12 12:01 PM
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
(25/08/12 12:01 PM)kenny Wrote:  

My experiences are like a lot of others here and its got nothing to do with cigalike cartos.

My claim is simple, Boges/Kangers will last for a week not half a day. Trog says he sells Kangers so they should last a week if thats the case when refilled and IMO saying that you should use one prefilled then chuck and change is a little bit misleading . That is all I am saying.

One carto will not last for 1000 cigarettes Paco but if you refill them they will last the equivalent of 140 cigs.

Its not rocket science.

Repairing shoes, patching elbows, servicing car engines, there are hundreds of daily examples where people try to 'get the most' out of a consumable item. Obviously, the higher the expense, the more important that is to most people. There are other people that buy a Hugo Boss suit and wear it once.

Advising people to refill Cartomizers that are not designed to be refillable is like a primark telling customers to stick with the one suit and repair it rather than coming back again. As these products wear faster, perhaps I should choose underpants as an analogy. Just because one can doesnt make it the norm. In fact, the price of pants in Primark makes it perfectly valid to wear once and throw should you choose to.

There's nothing misleading there because they aren't intended to be refilled by the manufacturer.

I just had a lady visit my stand whose son has a tank mod of some description. The lady told me she tried his and wanted to start vaping instead of her 30-a-day habit.
She said that she couldnt be mivered with all the parts and didn't like the idea of handling liquid. She bought a simple carto kit with some spare carts and a second battery, on the understanding that she would probably go through two cartos a day at first and if she wanted to reduce her consumption to only vape when she felt she needed to.

She replied that she didn't care how much it cost it was bound to work out cheaper than cigarettes anyway and as long as she had something reliable she was happy.

Bear in mind that this is not my opinion I state it's evident from hundreds of daily conversations face to face over the last two years.
Convenience rules.
25/08/12 12:36 PM
trog100 Offline
Vendors

kenny they last as long as a user tries to make them last.. and your experience is simply that.. and it is based on making everything last as long as you possibly can.. you are Mr Frugal and proud of it..

you say a week for you i say two days for me if i top them up.. and you know that.. why two days for me and a week for you..

my clams are and always have been the best user experience based on what i consider to be a reasonable cost.. long ago i said treat atomizers as semi disposable items when the rest of the world was trying to pretend they last for ever..

the problem you have kenny is you misunderstand my motives.. to you am a salesman making false claims to sell more stuff.. i am not i am a person trying to help folks get the best from their e smoking..

your claims really are based on being Mr frugality personified.. i think your claims maybe false i find your them somewhat incredible to be honest.. but being a vender and you being a member i dont have quite the same right to call you dishonest as you have me.. Smiling

recently i think you claimed to pay 50 pence or maybe 50 cents each for your cartos.. if you manage to get a week out of one and a year or more from the same two ego batteries you must certainly be at the top of the list for the cheapest e smoking on the planet..

now for the interesting bit.. if you were a vender and i read your a cartos should last for week claim i might have cause to call you dishonest.. maybe even as false as all these puff counts we read about..

ether way your claims are not and it has been often said the norm.. you are known for being mr miracle worker frugality himself.. surely you must know this.. he he

it used to be three months out of a clearo or something like it.. Smiling

trog

(This post was last modified: 25/08/12 12:49 PM by trog100.)
25/08/12 12:42 PM
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

(25/08/12 12:36 PM)JayLavEnts Wrote:  
(25/08/12 12:01 PM)kenny Wrote:  

Its not rocket science.

Repairing shoes, patching elbows, servicing car engines, there are hundreds of daily examples where people try to 'get the most' out of a consumable item. Obviously, the higher the expense, the more important that is to most people. There are other people that buy a Hugo Boss suit and wear it once.

Advising people to refill Cartomizers that are not designed to be refillable is like a primark telling customers to stick with the one suit and repair it rather than coming back again. As these products wear faster, perhaps I should choose underpants as an analogy. Just because one can doesnt make it the norm. In fact, the price of pants in Primark makes it perfectly valid to wear once and throw should you choose to.

There's nothing misleading there because they aren't intended to be refilled by the manufacturer.

I just had a lady visit my stand whose son has a tank mod of some description. The lady told me she tried his and wanted to start vaping instead of her 30-a-day habit.
She said that she couldnt be mivered with all the parts and didn't like the idea of handling liquid. She bought a simple carto kit with some spare carts and a second battery, on the understanding that she would probably go through two cartos a day at first and if she wanted to reduce her consumption to only vape when she felt she needed to.

She replied that she didn't care how much it cost it was bound to work out cheaper than cigarettes anyway and as long as she had something reliable she was happy.

Bear in mind that this is not my opinion I state it's evident from hundreds of daily conversations face to face over the last two years.
Convenience rules.

LOL. I think we are talking at cross purposes again. Kangers are designed to be refilled and can last a week so why in heavens name would tou want to chuck them after one use. Confused

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

25/08/12 12:45 PM
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
Oh, ok. Fair enough. I thought otherwise. Apologies. Undecided

Still I think there are two markets in vaping.
25/08/12 01:24 PM
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

(25/08/12 01:24 PM)JayLavEnts Wrote:  Oh, ok. Fair enough. I thought otherwise. Apologies. Undecided

Still I think there are two markets in vaping.

I totally agree and I am not trying to knock cigalikes as I believe they have their place in the market and probably the majority of vapers outside of this forum use them.
Any device that makes it easier for a smoker to break the habit is good in my book.

25/08/12 01:41 PM
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Quote:Kangers are designed to be refilled

who told you that kenny.. ??

they are certainly bought by people who expect them to be but i would call this claim false as well.. cartomizers were designed to be use once and chuck devices.. they are priced accordingly..

they were created by a set up called loongtotem marketed and sold (priced accordingly) as a use once only alternative to the two piece atomizer with a separate pre-filled use once only cartridge.. basically kenny we dont use any of this stuff as it was designed to be used..

to me it would seem you choose to believe what it suits you to believe.. i think the claim that any cartomizer is designed to be refillable is a false one.. i know they can be reused a few times but they are not designed to be..

on the backs of the ones we buy it says "disposable atomizer" to sell them as anything else would be making false claims.. take note we do not sell them as kangas..

folks do believe what it suits them to believe..

ours will soon be branded as SD Kartos and come in a little blue packet.. that is what they will be.. bugger all to do with existing brand names they will have a new one..

they are filled with dekang liquid and if you take one apart internally they look identical to the ones that are branded kanga.. i think dekang and kanga are part of the same set up.. the similarity in the naming i dont think is purely coincidental.. but it is near impossible to find out who exactly makes what in china..

trog

ps.. e cigs do have at least two markets.. the same stuff gets sold to the different markets maybe in different boxes with different names .. the needs of an e smoking or forum enthusiast are far removed from those of what i would call a normal e smoker..

i must say we do not cater or even try to cater for the e smoking enthusiast..

(This post was last modified: 25/08/12 01:54 PM by trog100.)
25/08/12 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)