Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This Video will be illegal from May 2016
Richard46 Offline
Talking Backwards

Likes Given: 1,347
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: This Video will be illegal from May 2016
(11/12/15 05:41 PM)prof beard Wrote:  As UKV is entirely non-commercial, the position post TPD is a moot point. It may be that we won't be able to have vendors as such any more (in terms of promotion etc) and possibly even the classifieds, but as no-one is receiving money for anything I would be interested in any reason the forum would have close.

Perhaps it will swing on a definition of placing an advertisement? If notification/promotion of a product is permitted without any financial inducement is it an advertisement?

11/12/15 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
marlowejames Offline

Likes Given: 2,158
Sex: Male
(11/12/15 05:41 PM)prof beard Wrote:  As UKV is entirely non-commercial, the position post TPD is a moot point. It may be that we won't be able to have vendors as such any more (in terms of promotion etc) and possibly even the classifieds, but as no-one is receiving money for anything I would be interested in any reason the forum would have close.

Whilst not wanting to suggest anything I do believe that with a 100% non commercial forum such as UKV the validity of EU citizens having the right to freedom of speech and expression is a hugely important one and crucially a legal right in EU law. After all e-cigs aren't illegal, they are deemed consumer products and with all the EU Directives/Charter that seek to prohibit discrimination and promote individual freedoms how could a site such as UKV be banned? After all this is the democratic EU and not North Korea ..........or have we all been fooled? I suspect and hope that any attempts to stifle individual expression and free speech will be fought and I'd gladly volunteer to be targeted.

11/12/15 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 4 users Like marlowejames's post:
Boredsurfer (13/12/15), prof beard (11/12/15), Scritti (11/12/15), Thribble (12/12/15)
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,463
Thanks for the vid Rojeans,I don't do facebook and twitter myself but family members do so i'll get them to share it.

Looks like after may next year I shall become a criminal,Just had to fill in some forms for the police to check me out so I can do some work on their police training college and one of the questions was "Do you associate now or have you ever knowingly associated with any person involved in illegal activities",this year I can answer no but when it comes up for renewal next year..............30

11/12/15 06:08 PM
QuinnDexter Offline
Uberfool

Likes Given: 1,725
I've always liked Andy's work and that says it brilliantly. I even managed to hold down my lunch through the Linda Macavan montage!

Vomit

11/12/15 07:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes QuinnDexter's post:
Mission Spinner (11/12/15)
Uncle Dave Online
Postmodern Smoking
Vendors

Likes Given: 302
Have shared on another forum.... thanks Rojeans for posting.

11/12/15 07:28 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Uncle Dave's post:
Rojeans (12/12/15)
Smog Craft Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 15
As always Andy makes perfect sense. As a vendor it's easy to be seen as an advocate with a vested interest.
As a vaper who switched three years ago with the help of forums like ours and the usual suspects of YouTube reviewers it's a terrifying prospect.
However far we have moved on through our individual vaping journey it is our legacy to give those that follow the opportunity to do the same, to have a safer alternative.

http://www.smogcraft.co.uk/
FaceBook Smog Craft
Twitter @smogcraftvapour
11/12/15 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 5 users Like Smog Craft's post:
@rattspitt (11/12/15), Hugh Crummond (12/12/15), marlowejames (12/12/15), Mission Spinner (12/12/15), Rojeans (12/12/15)
Rojeans Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,439

When i posted the OP there were 250 views. Now there are over 6000, keep sharing folks.

One of Liverpool's first and oldest 'independent' electronic cigarette shop
Now IBVTA member.
12/12/15 09:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rojeans's post:
Jazzy J (12/12/15)
bluehippy Offline

Likes Given: 127
(11/12/15 10:50 PM)Smog Craft Wrote:  As always Andy makes perfect sense. As a vendor it's easy to be seen as an advocate with a vested interest.
As a vaper who switched three years ago with the help of forums like ours and the usual suspects of YouTube reviewers it's a terrifying prospect.
However far we have moved on through our individual vaping journey it is our legacy to give those that follow the opportunity to do the same, to have a safer alternative.

Don't see how e-cig reviewers could be banned when videos like below are not stopped.

12/12/15 11:46 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluehippy's post:
Smog Craft (12/12/15)
RandomWittering Offline
Book obsessed crazy cat lady!

Likes Given: 1,091
Sex: Female
Shared on facebook. That video was brilliant.

Anyone seen my mind? I miss it and want it to come home! HeHe!

12/12/15 02:25 PM
Thribble Offline
The thinking man's idiot

Likes Given: 1,612
(12/12/15 11:46 AM)bluehippy Wrote:  
(11/12/15 10:50 PM)Smog Craft Wrote:  As always Andy makes perfect sense. As a vendor it's easy to be seen as an advocate with a vested interest.

Don't see how e-cig reviewers could be banned when videos like below are not stopped.

This is the most ironic part: there are tobacco smokers' forums, forums about illegal drug use, yet vaping forums could be banned...

I'm just a poor boy
Nobody loves me
12/12/15 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)