Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trails and Tribulations.
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,229
Sex: Male
RE: Trails and Tribulations.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
15/08/18 06:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Blaster Offline
U goto be kidding
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 21
Errrr iv I got this right Leon don’t want help or advice from them that managed and some of us that struggled to quit smoking well if that’s the case “im out”

Go find a quit smoking forum grrrrrr.
15/08/18 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Barnweld Offline

Likes Given: 3,713
I believe the op was plugging his own forum not so long ago with this thread mentioned.
Make a funny classifieds thread 27g of golden virginia only a few months old, bit dry so will add a piece of lettuce leaf. Will throw in some rizla and menthol filters. Will trade for 15 marlboro lites. Smiling
(This post was last modified: 16/08/18 09:26 AM by Barnweld.)
16/08/18 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ray_of_Light Offline

Likes Given: 55
After one month of switching to vaping (using a nic level commensurate to the smoking habit; one pack of 20 require 18 mg liquid) the cravings for the other alkaloids in the tobacco, including the slow-release nic/alkaloids from the tar, finally subsidise for good.

This said, one month of dual-fueling is almost a requirement for a smooth and effective transition from tobacco.
After one month, there are no more calls from the body for burning tobacco, and any failure to stop smoking for good, is likely rooted in a psychological, rather than physiological, need.

There are some organisational problems for few persons switching to vaping. The cigarette forces the smoker to take nicotine in a timed session, while the e-cig can have an indefinite duration.
This fact can be a problem to some.

There other aspects of smoking, other then the nicotine, which are lost with vaping, like the high temperature, the smell, and so on, which can be relevant to some smokers.

Only a careful analysis can determine the cause of failure to fully stop smoking. The most common, is a lack of willpower.
(This post was last modified: 17/08/18 10:16 PM by Ray_of_Light.)
17/08/18 10:00 PM
nisam Offline

Likes Given: 4,019
Sex: Undisclosed
(17/08/18 10:00 PM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  After one month of switching to vaping (using a nic level commensurate to the smoking habit; one pack of 20 require 18 mg liquid) the cravings for the other alkaloids in the tobacco, including the slow-release nic/alkaloids from the tar, finally subsidise for good.

This said, one month of dual-fueling is almost a requirement for a smooth and effective transition from tobacco.
After one month, there are no more calls from the body for burning tobacco, and any failure to stop smoking for good, is likely rooted in a psychological, rather than physiological, need.

I'm not sure of the basis for stating that vaping 18mg/ml liquid is commensurate with smoking 20 cigarettes a day and I'd definitely agrue that cravings for tobacco alkaloids vary wildly from one person to the next.

Again, when it comes to switching from smoking there is no evidence for any particular method of transition being more effective than another and the suggestion that "one month of dual fuelling is almost a requirement" is, quite frankly, preposterous. Many people who desperately want to quit smoking, struggle for some time to completely break the habit, whilst people like me can successfully switch without even intending to do so.

I believe it's established fact that nicotine's physical addiction is short lived and that it is a psychological addiction that kept most of us from quitting smoking, before vaping was an alternative.

I think one fact that Leon's threads have established is that, people who struggle to make the switch, wont find the task any easier if they don't make an effort to vape when cravings hit. I had no trouble switching quite by accident, despite living with a smoker, but such circumstances are very likely to have an impact on the efforts of others.

(17/08/18 10:00 PM)Ray_of_Light Wrote:  Only a careful analysis can determine the cause of failure to fully stop smoking. The most common, is a lack of willpower.

This I can not argue with.
(This post was last modified: 18/08/18 04:06 AM by nisam.)
18/08/18 04:04 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like nisam's post:
FlavourArtUK (18/08/18), kenny (18/08/18), QuinnDexter (18/08/18)
QuinnDexter Offline
Uberfool

Likes Given: 1,796
I am on the same page as nisam here. I was an overnight switcher after many quit attempts over years using all the methods then available, including most forms of NRT. For myself and my OH vaping overcame the psychological and behavioural barriers that NRT could not. The physical sensation of lifting something to the mouth, the resistance of inhaling something with more substance than air, and that "catch" in the chest we call throat hit, all combined made it work for us. I even tried a combo of patches and herbal cigarettes once, which was my most successful previous attempt, but the lack of throat hit from the herbals was, I believe, the missing factor that led to my failure with that approach (plus they stink!).
There is no "one size fits all " recipe for success in giving up, whether vaping is in the mix or not. Everyone's experience is personal, and their needs, their proportions of physical, psychological and behavioural addiction can change at different times of their lives.
The one common factor, no matter how difficult we may or may not find it, even with a history of previous failures, is having the desire to give up smoking and the willingness to accept all the changes it will bring to our lives.

18/08/18 08:10 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like QuinnDexter's post:
FlavourArtUK (19/08/18), nisam (18/08/18)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)