Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upgrade Recommendations
sandman_dreaming Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex:
Upgrade Recommendations
Well, after 35 years rolling my own cigarettes and 2 or 3 failed attempts trying to stop using nicotine patches, nicotine gum, nicotine inhalers, etc etc I decided to go down the vaping route. After getting an ultra cheap Vype pen last year and which I've only intermittently used (the taste and nicotine hit was never really there), I finally decided to spend a bit more and upgraded to an Apollo Ohm Go vaping kit which arrived on the 22nd March.

Since then I haven't smoked a cigarette and thanks to vaping have found it a fairly smooth transition. The Apollo comes with both 1ohm and 0.5ohm coils and I have been smoking both - generally 1's when I'm out and about and 0.5's at home. I initially was using 12mg 50/50 juice with the 1ohm coil, but have reduced that to 6mg. I'm using 3mg 70/30 with the 0.5 coil. All in all I'm quite chuffed that I haven't smoked for nearly four weeks!

Having looked around for advice and tips on the net I now fancy upgrading to something a bit more future proof and with a bit more power. I'm more of a flavour person, though can see me enjoying a bit more of the clouds at home, so, if possible, I'd like to try to get a tank that can use both sub and plus ohm coils. The idea of building my own coils doesn't appeal to me, so it has to use ready-made ones. Power-wise I'm interested in a box mod with variable wattage and a fairly long-lasting battery (batteries).

I've been looking at the Smok Alien 220 coupled with an Aspire K3 tank. The reason why this tank appeals is that it can use various rated coils (sub and plus ohm) from the Aspire Nautilus, Nautilus 2, K3 and Plato Coils ranges. The K3 is 18mm I think - are there similar tanks that are 22mm and which use both plus and sub ohm coils?

Another box mod I've been looking at is the Innokin MVP4.

Just wondering if people here have any suggestions other than the Alien and K3? I realise everyone will have slightly differing ideas, but it would be interesting to get some advice.
16/04/18 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Big T Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
RE: Upgrade Recommendations
Congratulations on keeping of the ciggies, the K3 tank won't be effective with the aspire sub ohm coil, not enough airflow, and not adjustable. Having said that it is a good mtl tank but I prefer the smaller K2 , cheaper coils and very reliable.
16/04/18 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big T's post:
sandman_dreaming (17/04/18)
b0rkedbear Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
I've recently bought my first upgrade myself, switched from an Aspire PockeX to a Smok AL85 with the Baby Beast tank included.

I've been looking around for alternative coils for it after being recommended by a friend that the Smok one's don't last long, and came across this thread on Reddit which recommends compatible coils if one is in whichever size, the Baby Beast would require Small Coils so don't let the suppliers coils hold you back. I'm unsure which, if any, of these wouldn't be compatible with the 2ml tanks we have supplied with vapes over here so would require more research. I know the Eleaf ones should be fine as that's what my friend said he uses with his Baby Beast tank. Smiling
17/04/18 04:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes b0rkedbear's post:
sandman_dreaming (17/04/18)
sandman_dreaming Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex:

(17/04/18 04:39 PM)b0rkedbear Wrote:  I've recently bought my first upgrade myself, switched from an Aspire PockeX to a Smok AL85 with the Baby Beast tank included.

I've been looking around for alternative coils for it after being recommended by a friend that the Smok one's don't last long, and came across this thread on Reddit which recommends compatible coils if one is in whichever size, the Baby Beast would require Small Coils so don't let the suppliers coils hold you back. I'm unsure which, if any, of these wouldn't be compatible with the 2ml tanks we have supplied with vapes over here so would require more research. I know the Eleaf ones should be fine as that's what my friend said he uses with his Baby Beast tank. Smiling

That's useful info thanks.
17/04/18 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)