Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Useful Links for modding Materials
OldEngineGuy Offline

Likes Given: 74
Sex: Male

RE: Useful Links for modding Materials
All of your switch links work if pasted into new tabs, but not if highlighted then "open in new tab" with Firefox, and as you say nice switches... thought the home page would have linked normally... very strange

Alan
11/09/12 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
jimmy jack Offline
In the shed tinkering
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 272
(11/09/12 04:07 PM)OldEngineGuy Wrote:  All of your switch links work if pasted into new tabs, but not if highlighted then "open in new tab" with Firefox, and as you say nice switches... thought the home page would have linked normally... very strange

yeah it is very strange thought i was doing good putting the links up but weird how it has not worked must be something to do with their side m8
regards Jimmy

11/09/12 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
BlackwaterVaper Offline

Likes Given: 534
Sex: Female
As somebody who worked as an electrical and electronics engineer for many years I've always used tp://uk.farnell.com/ for almost everything as an approved supplier for the small companies I worked for, including one that worked with devices using li-ion batteries. Another company we used regularly was RS and I ran a quick search for switches here. http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/?searchTer...NO&sra=oss. I didn't see RS listed and as it sells just about everything I was surprised it wasn't listed in the main list.
I've not made my first mod yet but plan to do so and make it a useful hobby once I have the tools I need.

14/10/12 06:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackwaterVaper's post:
starlyte (25/10/13)
jimmy jack Offline
In the shed tinkering
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 272
(14/10/12 06:41 PM)BlackwaterVaper Wrote:  As somebody who worked as an electrical and electronics engineer for many years I've always used tp://uk.farnell.com/ for almost everything as an approved supplier for the small companies I worked for, including one that worked with devices using li-ion batteries. Another company we used regularly was RS and I ran a quick search for switches here. http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/?searchTer...NO&sra=oss. I didn't see RS listed and as it sells just about everything I was surprised it wasn't listed in the main list.
I've not made my first mod yet but plan to do so and make it a useful hobby once I have the tools I need.

i too use RS and have done for over 15 years but when i first used them you had to be trade only and needed a DPC number ive never thought it had changed or i would have posted their site great value for money with free next day delivery too Smiling

14/10/12 07:09 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jimmy jack's post:
starlyte (25/10/13)
BlackwaterVaper Offline

Likes Given: 534
Sex: Female
(14/10/12 07:09 PM)jimmy jack Wrote:  
(14/10/12 06:41 PM)BlackwaterVaper Wrote:  As somebody who worked as an electrical and electronics engineer for many years I've always used tp://uk.farnell.com/ for almost everything as an approved supplier for the small companies I worked for, including one that worked with devices using li-ion batteries. Another company we used regularly was RS and I ran a quick search for switches here. http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/?searchTer...NO&sra=oss. I didn't see RS listed and as it sells just about everything I was surprised it wasn't listed in the main list.

i too use RS and have done for over 15 years but when i first used them you had to be trade only and needed a DPC number ive never thought it had changed or i would have posted their site great value for money with free next day delivery too Smiling

I've used RS a lot at work but it seems that they have changed their policy. I've just registered on their site as an individual (although I'm still officially listed as the owner of a company, me). Their T & Cs mention companies and individuals and you don't need to give the name or details of a company when registering.

14/10/12 07:34 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackwaterVaper's post:
jimmy jack (14/10/12)
TheVapingPasty Offline

Likes Given: 15
Which is the best site for batteries? The ones I've found so far don't seem to go into too much product detail.
Also, liberty flights are the only site who appear to state battery codes (16500, 18650 etc.) but their range is limited.
I wouldn't be able to find a 26500 there for example.
20/10/12 02:23 PM
zorpie Offline

Likes Given: 90
Great thread - and VERY useful !!!

05/11/12 01:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes zorpie's post:
fynger (05/11/12)
nelson996 Away

Likes Given: 18
Sex: Undisclosed
Not a material as such, but hopefully a useful resource...

Have use of autocad at work to draw up my 'thoughts' on possible mods, but didn't have access to a good 2D freeware program to check dimensions etc at home.

Hopefully this will help...

DraftSight

http://download.cnet.com/DraftSight/3000...mncol;4...
21/01/13 10:00 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like nelson996's post:
loukpapa (19/03/13), starlyte (25/10/13)
loukpapa Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 37
Any links for molting staff i want the rubber or silicone or plastic used between the pin on top of mod my vamo sucks a bit and i have use all the spares i have from old ego
thanx

Mods:
Mechanic: Abbadon,overdose,PYR,Exelixis
Atomizers:MCV Forge - Sonar etc Drippers
F**k Clones and Cloners
SUB OHM MF
19/03/13 07:57 PM
leotanph Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:
Useful Links for modding Materials
Dont want to resort in buying at amazon.. Anyone knows or can sell me a 510 tap and die thanks
02/07/13 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)